Baling!

PDX-Mike

Baling!

Post by PDX-Mike »

I can not get any of the balers to work. I have tried removing all mods, still no luck.

It seems that I'm missing the B key to start the baler, all I have is X to fold/unfold and v raise/lower pickup.

I have seen messages here and other forums that people are baling, and have issues with the bales floating in mid air, or falling through the map, but nothing about my problem.

Is anyone actually bailing? Do you have a "Start Baler" in your console? Everything else I try (that needs to be started) the start command shows up.
Matt_S

Re: Baling!

Post by Matt_S »

I have not experienced any problem at all with bailing since day 1. But I can at least confirm they yes, there is a "start bailer" action. In my case, this is "b".

Have you tried checking your button mapping to make sure you have a button allocated to this?

Only other thing I can think of is that if you are using a steering wheel etc as well as keyboard, the button may be mapped to your steering wheel. If like me you have set command prompts to only show keyboard (to stop the flickering on the menu) then it will not show as an option.

Make sure the command is set to a button on keyboard (or find which button it is mapped to on gamepad etc and remember it).

Hope it helps
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

I haven't played the PC version, but on the xbox if I have multiple things on a tractor, I have to switch tools to get all the options. Sometime one thing show up for a tool (like lower) but the activate action only shows up when you select that tool. (can see it highlighted on the little picture of the tractor.)
Matt_S

Post by Matt_S »

That is the same on PC Seedy, but if he is getting the option to lower bailer and unfold bailer, then he should have the correct tool selected.
Psychohate

Post by Psychohate »

I dont play on pc but have you tried unfolding and lowering the baler to see if the start option appears?

I dont think the baler is like that but it seems like some tools you cant start until their open/unfolded.
New farmer mode always
Xbox Series x/..... Being kind don't cost a dime
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

The square baler needs unfolding before you switch it on as well as lowering as it has the flap at the back where the bales drop off. Not sure about the round baler
PDX-Mike

Post by PDX-Mike »

Fixed! I had the tool action assigned to the B key and also to TWO buttons on my G27 wheel. The odd thing is that the keyboard B worked on everything else just not the baler(s)/!??