Head tilt?

dieselfreak50

Head tilt?

Post by dieselfreak50 »

Ive tried lookin all over and it may be to new but can you finally tilt the head on the 1470g??
Hoe op by trade. Gamer by choice. Diesel runs through my veins
bossmanslim

Re: Head tilt?

Post by bossmanslim »

The description says something to that nature. I mean in reality, for me, if it can't pick cut trees up off the ground, I won't use it. I like the cut, skid, process, load model so much better than cut, process, forward/load model.
dieselfreak50

Post by dieselfreak50 »

Yea i completely agree thats why im asking because i use the same process. Ive looked all over youtube with no luck yet but i hope the description is true to its word
eight_lugs

Post by eight_lugs »

You can process cut trees with the scorpion king and komatsu. Just lay the head on the base of the tree and tilt it over.
NickD94

Post by NickD94 »

Hold both L1 R1 and use left thumb
Farming is Life ( Respect Farmers )
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

Can anybody get it to process after you pick it up from the ground? I cut with a chainsaw then used the skidder and tried to process with this. It'll pick it up but won't do anything
XBOX/ FS22
NickD94

Post by NickD94 »

Peter Griffin wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:12 am Can anybody get it to process after you pick it up from the ground? I cut with a chainsaw then used the skidder and tried to process with this. It'll pick it up but won't do anything
Yea its simple
Farming is Life ( Respect Farmers )
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

Then what's the trick
XBOX/ FS22
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

It will pick up off the ground. If you cut a tree and don't want to process it, you have to turn the processor off (B key) to get it to drop the tree.

FDR logging Tigercat processor is still better for purely processing because it is more stable and has more power in the head to rotate the trees.
dieselfreak50

Post by dieselfreak50 »

eight_lugs wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:50 pm You can process cut trees with the scorpion king and komatsu. Just lay the head on the base of the tree and tilt it over.
Ive been doin that since fs17 its unrealistic. And quite annoying if you do it enough. I did find out that you can infact tilt the head on the 1470’s H290 head which is huge for us that are logging. The logging side of fs has lacked extremely ever since 15 to finally get something that do what its suppose to do i am grateful for NMC for sacrificing all their time n effort into making such beautiful machines
dieselfreak50

Post by dieselfreak50 »

I think when i get home im going to make a how too on these machines. Every video ive seen so far it seems that noone quite knows how to actually run these 2 incredible pieces. But i would like to help people out and help them understand why the different functions do what they do. Coming from someone that has ran these before might help! What do you guys think?
eight_lugs

Post by eight_lugs »

Would love a how to on the forwarder. I got about 6 logs loaded then they all went haywire and I had a cussing fit.
dieselfreak50

Post by dieselfreak50 »

eight_lugs wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:02 pm Would love a how to on the forwarder. I got about 6 logs loaded then they all went haywire and I had a cussing fit.
Ill admit the controls are a lot different than the in game ones. I think they are the old controls, and after running them vs the new in game ones with the easy stick feature im gonna need a few hours to get the hang of them. But you can definitely pick logs up with the processor and just move them or you can cut them whatever you want to do. If you want to cut them the head has to be on otherwise if you are just moving them like tree tops or whatever then it can be on or off it doesn't matter. You can control the grapples yourself which is really really cool. Ive been waiting for this feature for 2 years now!!!
farmerdonnie

Post by farmerdonnie »

mr sealy p put out a video on this on youtube watch that ...