Wheres welker farms at

Airborne82nd

Re: Wheres welker farms at

Post by Airborne82nd »

Addictedtofs wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:38 pm
JWE75 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:23 pm
In the middle of the desert? Umm they aren't in eastern Montana. Shelby lies on the rolling plains of northwest Montana. I suggest you go look at the map on 17, because it is a lot more detailed than you seem to remember.
I think what he means as "non traditional", and in the middle of a desert, is that it's not" traditional" in hedgerow country in the south of France lol, but of course very traditional here. It's a geographical misunderstanding.
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

Airborne82nd wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:47 pm
Maybe it's not traditional where he comes from, but it is in many places around the world, such as Australia and in the US. We have a lot of flat open land that we farm on, especially in Montana and Kansas.
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

JWE75 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:23 pm I know who Welker's are... I mean not real farm in traditional way, just couple of sheds and silo's on the middle of desert. What do you mean benw11?
1) 90%+ of all grain farms all over the world are nothing but silos and sheds in the middle of huge fields. There's really nothing else they need. Do they need 'decorative barn' or 'decorative sandcastle' in order to harvest thousands of acres of wheat?

2) If they were in the desert, they'd have to use some form of irrigation to get their crops to grow and they do not. (fun fact, the Big Bud 747 was designed specifically for farming in Montana. I don't think you'd need the largest tractor ever created in the history of humanity for farming in a desert.)

3) Since they've been around for 107 years now, I think they would be considered a "traditional" Montana farm.

I get it. You don't care for this type of map. To be completely honest, I don't either. I'll download it, give it a drive around, rate it, and probably go back to something else. But a great majority of the community wants it and it's awesome that it's being made and brought to all platforms. There is not much else to do here except drive the largest tractors and equipment back and forth on huge open fields and that's what FS at it's core is about. *thumbsup*

For the benw11 part, see above. That was not directed to you.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

fenixguy wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:58 pm
JWE75 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:23 pm I know who Welker's are... I mean not real farm in traditional way, just couple of sheds and silo's on the middle of desert. What do you mean benw11?

I get it. You don't care for this type of map. To be completely honest, I don't either. I'll download it, give it a drive around, rate it, and probably go back to something else. But a great majority of the community wants it and it's awesome that it's being made and brought to all platforms. There is not much else to do here except drive the largest tractors and equipment back and forth on huge open fields and that's what FS at it's core is about. *thumbsup*

For the benw11 part, see above. That was not directed to you.
Thats what i do. Im pretty picky on maps but will still take the time to download and check out and rate a map based on quality and features and not personal tastes.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

Addictedtofs wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:50 pm
Airborne82nd wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:47 pm
Maybe it's not traditional where he comes from, but it is in many places around the world, such as Australia and in the US. We have a lot of flat open land that we farm on, especially in Montana and Kansas.
Yep, you're absolutely right. I'd tell folks and the OP waiting on Welker as i am, try Dahl Farms. It's out on console as well, and i'm having a blast on that.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

wiseguy49 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:11 pm The other fact is, like people have pointed out, Welker Farms is 95% farm land. Sure there are a few custom buildings, but that's it. And the map still continues to fail. I guess its a good thing your next project is the MN Millennial Farmer map, because again, you have mostly fields. I hope your console fans know that it will probably be Christmas time when they see that map on their platform, if at all.
Sounds like someone is really desperate for some of Mapper's Paradise content. :lol: Bless your heart.
Addictedtofs

Post by Addictedtofs »

Airborne82nd wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:16 pm
Dahl is good. I'm still waiting on a really small map like the golden days of farming. I never get to use the smallest equipment lol
Fear of the fool is the beginning of wisdom--The Book of Dawn and Dusk

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?” --Hadvar

Commander set a course. There's coffee in that nebula.--Admiral Catherine Janeway
MrChuck523

Post by MrChuck523 »

Well, I don’t get on the forum much but can’t resist this one. Welters is one of my favorite maps. 40 some years ago I worked many years on Welker’s neighbor’s farm to the north. And it too is 10,000 + acres and laid out very similarly. The world is fed from large farms like these, yet with contributions from smaller farms all over the world. The beauty of FS is that we have choices to choose and play the game “as we like” and “where we like”. As FS19 becomes better and better thanks to ALL of the modders and Giants awesome efforts, we all will be able to play where and how we want. But this takes time to perfect. Be patient. Remember, it took Welkers 107 years to build their farm. We need to give Modders and Giants at least a few weeks/months to perfect the simulation.
Tomazius96

Post by Tomazius96 »

This topic is gonna explode soon. Better get some popcorn.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

If the MN MF map is in the mod contest it could be September before consoles see it.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Addictedtofs wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:25 pm
Airborne82nd wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:16 pm
Dahl is good. I'm still waiting on a really small map like the golden days of farming. I never get to use the smallest equipment lol
Head over to GNG Modding and grab their Old Family Farm map for FS19. I really enjoyed playing on that and using small equipment I would most likely never ever use again in the game.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
JWE75

Post by JWE75 »

fenixguy wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:58 pm
1) 90%+ of all grain farms all over the world are nothing but silos and sheds in the middle of huge fields. There's really nothing else they need. Do they need 'decorative barn' or 'decorative sandcastle' in order to harvest thousands of acres of wheat?

It depends where in the world you live. If you look European and Scandinavian farms where I live it's nothing like in some areas in America like you just described. Here farms and fields are surrounded by forests, lakes, pure nature... Farms are big and small too, but also homes. Traditional farming was the key word in my message. And i know there is still farms like that in US, but I was talking about Welker's farm here.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

JWE75 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:12 pm It depends where in the world you live. If you look European and Scandinavian farms where I live it's nothing like in some areas in America like you just described. Here farms and fields are surrounded by forests, lakes, pure nature... Farms are big and small too, but also homes. Traditional farming was the key word in my message. And i know there is still farms like that in US, but I was talking about Welker's farm here.
So by that logic a European map "isn't a real farm" since I personally don't live there? Of course this map isn't like Europe and Scandinavia. Who said it was supposed to be?

What do you think American farms are surrounded by? KFCs, gunstores, and Walmarts? (I mean most are but...) :lol: Montana has one of the lowest population densities in the US. I guarantee you there is more "pure nature" with no humans around than anyone in the EU could imagine.

Here's a picture taken near Shelby where the Welkers are located. Image

For what it's worth, where I live, farming more closely resembles European practices than the typical wide-open-spaces in the US. This doesn't mean that every single map has to look like my area.

This thread is getting weird.
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

I never noticed how flat the rice county I’ve worked around is until i went to Kansas and Nebraska and saw the farm land there, it was the same basic layouts in terms of huge fields with towns and shop yards dispersed at varying intervals but the thing that blew my mind was you get in top of a hill in Kansas and you can see for MILES where as back in rice country it’s normally so flat that we have a rather boring horizon, the largest land feature to us is Crowley’s ridge formed by the new Madrid earthquakes of the late 1800s early 1900s, that actually divides our land with some being on the east side and most being on the west side, because everything is fields they built practically everything either in the ridge or right at the foot of it
Stevo0114

Post by Stevo0114 »

Hi just wanted to say loved welker farms on fs17 so looking forward to welker farms fs19 and follow mellenium farmer on fb and he has said you guys are making his farm in real life for fs19 so I'm excited to see your work im sure it will be great when it passes testing no rush it will be ready when it's ready until then I will wait patiently
Thank you so much for all that you do for PC and console
Love FS fav tractor Case I h. FS 19 has caught up and is now for me better than fs17
Playing on xbox one x, Thanks to Giants and all modders who make the game great.
Love this community so thanks guys