Seasons 19 WIP Updates (PC release 24/07)

reallogger

Re: Seasons 19 WIP Updates (PC release 24/07)

Post by reallogger »

usaric wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:39 pm I have a question regarding the new weather system: In FS17, when playing at Estancia Lapacho running Seasons, I realized that rain had no effect in air temperature whatsoever. For instance, on day in the summer the air temp was 35°C and then, in the afternoon it started to rain. The air temperature, instead of dropping, went up and reached 37°C. Does the new weather system corrects this issue? Thanks.
Thanks for pointing this out. It is most likely a bug for southern hemisphere GEO's that has been there all along.

There is a model in the mod for low pressures and associated chance for precipitation that is tied to the season. So low pressures with precipitation in summer has lower temperatures, while in winter low pressures with precipitation is connected to higher temperatures. This is related to cloud cover and the heat flux in the atmosphere.

Impressed that you noticed this. :) Thanks again.
anthu

Post by anthu »

When you insert the grazing animals mod, mean this, cows need all three sorts of feeding same time?
In vanilla FS19 we need no gras or silage, when we feed forage.
Lg
Andreas
usaric

Post by usaric »

reallogger wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:15 pm
usaric wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:39 pm I have a question regarding the new weather system: In FS17, when playing at Estancia Lapacho running Seasons, I realized that rain had no effect in air temperature whatsoever. For instance, on day in the summer the air temp was 35°C and then, in the afternoon it started to rain. The air temperature, instead of dropping, went up and reached 37°C. Does the new weather system corrects this issue? Thanks.
Thanks for pointing this out. It is most likely a bug for southern hemisphere GEO's that has been there all along.

There is a model in the mod for low pressures and associated chance for precipitation that is tied to the season. So low pressures with precipitation in summer has lower temperatures, while in winter low pressures with precipitation is connected to higher temperatures. This is related to cloud cover and the heat flux in the atmosphere.

Impressed that you noticed this. :) Thanks again.
Cool! Thanks
OkieFarmer

Post by OkieFarmer »

So with the new grazing, if you have multiple pastures you could technically rotate your cattle to feed them, and allow the grass to grow back on the ones they’ve cleared, correct?

Will the grass eventually grow back to a full state on its own while the cattle are in the pasture to negate having to do that, or once cleared will it never reach full growth?

Hopefully that makes sense haha.
WGC Niklas

Post by WGC Niklas »

Rahkiin wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:13 pm
WGC Niklas wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:32 pm Will you give a tutorial by the seasons mod how to install the seasons mod into husbandrys and into maps?
Yes.
OK thank you I´ll be happy. Thank´s for all :D
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

I could have bombarded u guys with questions, but I hold my guns until the manual arrives🤠
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

Thanks for the reply about seasons and when it starts recording the crops you plant reallogger, can’t wait for seasons mod
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

@OkieFarmer and @anthu

Yes you can rotate cattle and let it graze on one pasture while the grass regrows on another.

Grass will also grow while the cows are in the pasture, but depending on the number of cows and the size of the pasture the cows might for instance graze it off so there might be a period where the cows have no grass.

For cows we have no changed their preference for different feed. So same as vanilla.
CaveFarmer

Post by CaveFarmer »

reallogger wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:07 pm @OkieFarmer and @anthu

Yes you can rotate cattle and let it graze on one pasture while the grass regrows on another.

Grass will also grow while the cows are in the pasture, but depending on the number of cows and the size of the pasture the cows might for instance graze it off so there might be a period where the cows have no grass.

For cows we have no changed their preference for different feed. So same as vanilla.
I'd love it more if you could take your cows into fields and then walk them to the dairy. It is a lot more life like that way.
FS19 - 200 hours
TheCanadianJD

Post by TheCanadianJD »

Shambala12 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:44 pm "Germination can also fail on parts of your field when the conditions turn too cold, or too dry."

Will there be an opportunity to use irrigators, especially on more water intensive crops like potatoes and maize

Also with regards to the 14month breeding period for cattle, I know every system is different however the majority if not all dairy farms run an 12 month system. They are given one heat where they are not given AI to cleanse the internals so on the 2nd heat (usually around 21 days later) will get her first AI. Providing she is successful, she will give birth in 9 months time (11 1/2 total) however there is usually around 30-40% failure rate which will usually get in next heat which will end up just over 12 months. If it's something you wouldnt want to change, then fair enough and will be happy with whatever is given anyway, just my thought
It could be very interesting if we can irrigate, especially as there is and irrigation system on the modhub right now.

Also in regards to the 14 month gestation period, I think it's reasonable because while everything you stated is true, we don't have to deal with any loss of newborns so I think it's a fair trade off to have a slightly longer gestation period.
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

The irrigation mod will have to be re-worked - since right now all it does is provide a level of fertilization.
jah6575

Re: Seasons 19 WIP Updates

Post by jah6575 »

RODHA wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:02 am
jah6575 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:36 pm @TheSeb that’s good to know. I’ll be patiently waiting so I can redo my own. I had an idea I wanted to try as well, but I’m going to keep those details close for now. I guess I’ll have to work on my chicken trailer for now.
I was going to ask RSM if they have any plans for the transportation of chickens but then I saw your post mate.
Do you plan on making your trailer also available for consoles?

Btw, I also want to ask RSM if they did something for chicken transport.
That plan is out the window for me. I don’t have any scripting experience with lua and there isn’t a script in the game for transporting chickens. I was able to make the trailer just fine, but “chicken” isn’t a thing in the game outside of the henhouse or the animal dealer. Also since it would require scripting, not likely for console. Sorry man.
TheCanadianJD

Post by TheCanadianJD »

wiseguy49 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:59 am The irrigation mod will have to be re-worked - since right now all it does is provide a level of fertilization.
True but it shouldn't be too difficult. It was done in FS 15 with Soilmod.
Elspoox

Post by Elspoox »

ah Soil mod, that was the best mod ever, untill seasons, can you imagine seasons and soil mod together someday, that would be something magical
Bcousins10626

Post by Bcousins10626 »

Will you guys be adding the possibility of having to warm your tractor up to a certain temperature in the winter time before using?Then connecting that to the mechanical repair costs if used when still cold?