spraying problem lone oak, seasons.

cwhense

spraying problem lone oak, seasons.

Post by cwhense »

Don't know what is going on, just started playing Lone Oak, new farmer mode, 12 day seasons, using a flowrate mode off the hub for sprayers. Spraying Herbicide before planting at I have some patchy weeds. Getting some areas that the sprayer will not apply Image

edited title
Last edited by cwhense on Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
TobiHH

Re: spraying problem

Post by TobiHH »

redglasses

Post by redglasses »

This happens in the base game as well. Except with fertilizer.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
cwhense

Post by cwhense »

Saw that before posting but I didn't think it was the same problem, I plowed, limed and cultivated the fields, it has done it on the 4 fields at this point, I was spraying the herbicide and part of the path was applying and part is not. is not always in a straight line like the picture shows, I just wondering if this a big problem or not. as since it doesn't look like in game that it was applied to certain area, am I going to have weeds cropping up later, and have to reapply the herbicide again.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Does the part that’s not getting dark have a fertilizer state? If so you have to wait until your next growth stage.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
cwhense

Post by cwhense »

I didn't just that since I haven't put any fertilizer down, was spraying herbicide, never checks to see if showed on the map overview or not. I am still continuing with planting atm and will check the next time I am on. I play maybe a 2 hours per day in real-time and fast forward when I need to skip time If you look at the top of the screen you will see different textures in the cultivated field that i haven't sprayed yet that line up with the line that is not spraying. Its just outside the view circle. I don't think it will that big of deal if I can still kill weeds that might pop up that area, other the waste of herbcide for it not applying. Just don't know if it is a map error, seasons error or a game error the post above says its happens in the base game with fertilizer so might be a giants bug. Not going to let it ruin my game yet. unlike the silo bunker bug in oakfield map, lost 300k of silage and had to use both the in game paint to take out the stuff there and then edit the xml file to get the hidden stuff to zero as I couldn't add new chaff to it.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Eventhough the field doesn't change colour i think you'll find the herbicide does have the desired effect as i always spray straight away after drilling using a drill which applies fert as well. Never had any weeds even though the land colour did not change.
Thelamon

Re: Seasons 19 spraying problem

Post by Thelamon »

Hey CWhense,

unfortunately the thread title doesn't refer to Seasons 19 - please check if that can't be fixed in order to get attention from the RM team.

I'm experiencing the same problem using Season 19 Build 35 on Lone Oak (Can't help the feeling that this is not map related though).

Preemptive herbicide spraying prior to the crop reaching growth stage 1will often lead to patches and whole areas and stripes of the field not getting "darker" textures.

1. Fertilizier and Herbicide apparently can not be applied during the same growth stage / work level. You can kill the weeds on a fertilized field but will not have preemptive effects. (learned that the hard way and had to respray 55 ha with herbicide...)

2. Fertilizing and spraying Herbicide will (at least partly) block each other when done on the same day.
I have odd patchy results prior to growth stage 1 even when trying to avoid that. (Worst results achieved when seeders with fertilizer function come into the equation.)

My conclusion to work around:
Apply all levels of fertilizer first and only spray herbicide after level 3 of fert is reached and the plants have matured one step past the last fert application.
That way you should get a solid result when spraying Herb.

PS
Using GPS and a decent size sprayer go a long way top reduce workload and to ensure good results.

PPS
In the current unintuitive state of the Seasons 19 weed/spraying system I would much rather prefer the base games weed system over the current Seasons 19 solution.

The luxury version would be:
1. After beeing harvested each field gets reset and the "pink layer" (formerly known as the Weed layer) shows up, indicating "no chemical treatment applied on this field".
2. You could then spray that field with preemptive and direct effects (removing the pink layer on the overview) at any stage till it gets harvested again. The organic farmers could then pride themselves on leaving their fields "pink" (taking the yield hit…).
-> Having that pink layer back would go a long way to see at a glance if preemptive spraying has been successfully applied or not.
(And maybe even the helper could be used again)

The season 19 weed patches should still grow removing all three fertilizer layers in the patch area if mature at harvest.

Best regards
Thelamon
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

One thing that has annoyed me in this game since launch and it's a game thing not just a Seasons Mod thing, is that we get an overlay screen in the menu that shows Weed State on a Field, Fertiliser State of a Field, Ploughed State of a Field and Lime State of a Field, but why on this screen is there not an overlay for Herbicide Sprayed? This would go a long way to help players see if their spraying is actually registering and being applied correctly. The current system where players have to guess if the soil is going darker or lighter to determine whether spraying is working is stupid, because it's not consistent. On one map I played on the terrain texture would get lighter when Herbicide was applied, when most people on the forums here assume it would get darker to indicate you have put liquid onto and moistened the soil. On another map it gets Darker when sprayed, providing you have not applied any fertiliser beforehand.

I've even had the problem in Seasons where I can spray a field to remove weeds, then the very next day in game, the weeds come back on the field, which suggests there is no long lasting effect of Herbicide now, and pre-emptive spraying is therefore completely pointless. As it's not going to stop the weeds from re-growing or returning during that year or cycle.

I have played with Weeds in the vanilla game and I have played with weeds in Seasons and ultimately I have decided to go back and just disable weeds completely on all my saves and my server. I don't feel in either default game or seasons the Weeds mechanic and spraying really works correctly and I honestly don't see what Weeds are adding or bringing to the game, besides causing many people frustration and confusion, so that can stay turned off for my liking.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

I agree cwattyeso. Seems like every time I plant on a field it’s always something different with the weeds. They have been disabled indefinitely, unfortunately because I really like this addition. Hopefully they will do something different with them in the next iteration
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
cwhense

Post by cwhense »

Just an update, the areas that were not showing as being sprayed(darker texture) are now growing weeds, will continue with the save until at least year 2 to see if it continues.
cwattyeso

Re: spraying problem lone oak, seasons.

Post by cwattyeso »

Perhaps try downloading and using the latest Build 39 from the Season's Devs page https://gitlab.com/realismusmodding/fs1 ... eta_builds as in the latest update they have made some changes to the weed spraying and one of those is to always set visible spray channel, which I'm guessing means that when spraying now the field will always change colour whether the herbicide was needed or not, to show players where they have sprayed.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*