Added engine configuration, how to add model name on bonnet

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Hawaii

Added engine configuration, how to add model name on bonnet

Post by Hawaii »

Hey. I don't know much about modding so I need your help. I've had 2 edits of the same mod made by two people. The one I liked more had only one engine configuration, while the other one had more. I wanted the first one to have more as well, so I tried to edit the mod myself. Well, I just copied the <motorConfiguration> from the xml from the second one to the first one and didn't change anything (as everything was literally the same). Checked it out in-game, cool, everything works. Now me being a perfectionist, I wanted to have the model name change on the bonnet. So I opened the i3d in GE, and based on what I saw on the other tractors i3d, I created a second decal. And now the problem starts. What do I do now? I was sure I just need to copy the image from the 2nd tractor and paste it to the 1st one's folder and link it or sth in the xml. The problem is, I checked the whole folder at least 5 times and I couldn't find the images responsible for the bonnet sticker/name/inscription however you wanna call it. Am I dumb or am I just doing it wrong?

Any help is appreciated,
Hawaii

P.S. Sorry for the essay lmao
asyvan

Re: Added engine configuration, how to add model name on bonnet

Post by asyvan »

You need to see which file the decal points to (albedo map), it might not be in the mod folder. It might refer back to the original images from the base game vehicles.
//Jens Ejvinsson
Farming History: FS11, FS13, FS15, FS17, FS19 (Steam)
Logitech G29, Logitech/Saitek Sidepanel, Logitech F710 Wireless gamepad
PC Gamer - "The Silent Beast" i7-7700K @ 5Ghz, GTX 1070 @ 2.1GHz

Case IH Puma CVX With Tracks
Väderstad Rapid A600-800S Seed Drill
Tutorial compilation for FS19 - list of all my How To guides