Adub Modding Geos

jah6575

Re: Adub Modding Geos

Post by jah6575 »

Bobbydj1980 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:04 pm I've used your Minnesota Geo and ii is good can you make one for the southeast for cotton to 😁
Thanks. Glad you enjoy it. I have been planning to make one for Florida, don’t remember the town though off the top of my head. It would include cotton and sugarcane as well. Both crops are really grown in that area. Unfortunately, I only have a little bit of time that I can commit to modding. I haven’t had a chance to figure out cotton or sugarcane growth with seasons at this point and that will be a bit time consuming to do. As I said in another post I still have other projects that are more important to me at this point.
jah6575

Post by jah6575 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:49 pm I'm excited to use your Minnesota geo when millennium farmers map drops.
Thanks. I am eager for that pairing as well.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

No thank you for making it.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Maikello

Post by Maikello »

jah6575 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:40 pm ... poplar a little more work. I’ve not tried harvesting in game with frozen ground. Not sure if that would work or not. Not really interested in trying to figure that one out either as I have other projects I’m working on.
All jobs you can do on the frozen ground are mark as "true"

Code: Select all

<workAreaType name="AUXILIARY"      allowedWithFrozenSoil="true" />
        <workAreaType name="BALER"          allowedWithFrozenSoil="true" />
        <workAreaType name="COMBINECHOPPER" allowedWithFrozenSoil="true" />
        <workAreaType name="COMBINESWATH"   allowedWithFrozenSoil="true" />
        <workAreaType name="CULTIVATOR"     allowedWithFrozenSoil="false" />
        <workAreaType name="CUTTER"         allowedWithFrozenSoil="true" />
        <workAreaType name="DEFAULT"        allowedWithFrozenSoil="true" />
        <workAreaType name="FORAGEWAGON"    allowedWithFrozenSoil="true" />
        <workAreaType name="FRUITPREPARER"  allowedWithFrozenSoil="true" />
        <workAreaType name="MOWER"          allowedWithFrozenSoil="true" />
        <workAreaType name="PLOW"           allowedWithFrozenSoil="false" />
        <workAreaType name="RIDGEMARKER"    allowedWithFrozenSoil="false" />
        <workAreaType name="ROLLER"         allowedWithFrozenSoil="true" />
        <workAreaType name="SOWINGMACHINE"  allowedWithFrozenSoil="false" />
        <workAreaType name="SPRAYER"        allowedWithFrozenSoil="false" />
        <workAreaType name="TEDDER"         allowedWithFrozenSoil="true" />
        <workAreaType name="WEEDER"         allowedWithFrozenSoil="false" />
        <workAreaType name="WINDROWER"      allowedWithFrozenSoil="true" />
I can create a setting for cotton if you want. But tell me what planting and harvesting periods I should fit

I had to reduce the planting temp to 14°C because temperature you set for the start has an impact on the planting windows. Now just tell me where to cut :zunge: I suppose the periods need to be shortened but I don't know which way :zunge: I am from EU so cotton is a black magic :blushnew:
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:35 pm Haha thanks. We mow our hay (mixture of alfalfa and Timothy) mostly 4 times a year. Some if you don't cut it earlier enough will only get 3 cuttings and possibly could get a 5th if you cut late. We don't like to cut late because it gets too cold and the hay would have a hard time growing back before snow fall.
Wow. Where I am at, we have done 6 cuttings of alfalfa, but it is down to 5 now. Do you get quite a bit out of those four cuttings, and how long do you wait to cut?
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Illinois Farmer

Yes we get quite a bit especially if it is newer seedings. We cut roughly every 4 to 5 weeks.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
garyst

Post by garyst »

If anyone ever plans on doing a Louisiana geo just let me know and I can tell you where to set the bars for the crops. :smileynew:
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

We cut about every 30-32 days for five cuttings
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Illinois Farmer

Yeah that's similar then. Last year we probably could have gotten a 5th cutting.
jah6575

Post by jah6575 »

Maikello wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:45 pm
jah6575 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:40 pm ... poplar a little more work. I’ve not tried harvesting in game with frozen ground. Not sure if that would work or not. Not really interested in trying to figure that one out either as I have other projects I’m working on.
All jobs you can do on the frozen ground are mark as "true"

Code: Select all

<workAreaType name="AUXILIARY"      allowedWithFrozenSoil="true" />
        <workAreaType name="BALER"          allowedWithFrozenSoil="true" />
        <workAreaType name="COMBINECHOPPER" allowedWithFrozenSoil="true" />
        <workAreaType name="COMBINESWATH"   allowedWithFrozenSoil="true" />
        <workAreaType name="CULTIVATOR"     allowedWithFrozenSoil="false" />
        <workAreaType name="CUTTER"         allowedWithFrozenSoil="true" />
        <workAreaType name="DEFAULT"        allowedWithFrozenSoil="true" />
        <workAreaType name="FORAGEWAGON"    allowedWithFrozenSoil="true" />
        <workAreaType name="FRUITPREPARER"  allowedWithFrozenSoil="true" />
        <workAreaType name="MOWER"          allowedWithFrozenSoil="true" />
        <workAreaType name="PLOW"           allowedWithFrozenSoil="false" />
        <workAreaType name="RIDGEMARKER"    allowedWithFrozenSoil="false" />
        <workAreaType name="ROLLER"         allowedWithFrozenSoil="true" />
        <workAreaType name="SOWINGMACHINE"  allowedWithFrozenSoil="false" />
        <workAreaType name="SPRAYER"        allowedWithFrozenSoil="false" />
        <workAreaType name="TEDDER"         allowedWithFrozenSoil="true" />
        <workAreaType name="WEEDER"         allowedWithFrozenSoil="false" />
        <workAreaType name="WINDROWER"      allowedWithFrozenSoil="true" />
I can create a setting for cotton if you want. But tell me what planting and harvesting periods I should fit

I had to reduce the planting temp to 14°C because temperature you set for the start has an impact on the planting windows. Now just tell me where to cut :zunge: I suppose the periods need to be shortened but I don't know which way :zunge: I am from EU so cotton is a black magic :blushnew:
Ok so you can harvest if ground frozen. I’m not sure what all else you are talking about. The weather is as it is supposed to be. Cotton isn’t grown within well over 200 miles. I’m not adding that to my geo.
Maikello

Post by Maikello »

jah6575 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:47 pm
Bobbydj1980 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:04 pm I've used your Minnesota Geo and ii is good can you make one for the southeast for cotton to 😁
Thanks. Glad you enjoy it. I have been planning to make one for Florida, don’t remember the town though off the top of my head. It would include cotton and sugarcane as well. Both crops are really grown in that area. Unfortunately, I only have a little bit of time that I can commit to modding. I haven’t had a chance to figure out cotton or sugarcane growth with seasons at this point and that will be a bit time consuming to do. As I said in another post I still have other projects that are more important to me at this point.
I was talking about this post. And if you want to have exact planting windows, the temperature you set for the start also affects it
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Well running back to the OP and complaining about bad mods, with the help of the talented jah6575, I’ve decided to give my hand at trying to make a GEO. A (hopefully) more accurate one for around the area of where the Ohio GEO is located!
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

Would like that as I live in Alabama on the gulf coast right next to Florida and down here it's mostly cotton and corn that are grown have not seen any sugercane except in Louisiana and Texas
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:59 am Well running back to the OP and complaining about bad mods, with the help of the talented jah6575, I’ve decided to give my hand at trying to make a GEO. A (hopefully) more accurate one for around the area of where the Ohio GEO is located!
I think that's a great idea and adub needs to quit if he's not going to do them correctly as the mod hub is filled with stuff Geo's from him that are not even close to accurate
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
jah6575

Post by jah6575 »

Maikello wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:59 am
I was talking about this post. And if you want to have exact planting windows, the temperature you set for the start also affects it
👍