AM I the only one that finds seasons frustrating...

ThatCanadianGuy

Re: AM I the only one that finds seasons frustrating...

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

I have to use seasons now, I didn't even buy 19 until it was released, the vanilla game is just to easy and boring.

aklein wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:26 pm If your finding you have to much downtime with seasons then there are a few things you can do.

First off run at a faster clock speed normally. If you usually play 1x then play 5x or if you play 5x then play 15x I guarantee you wont run out of time at 15x when a game day is about 90 min real time.
I just use the time scale mod, if its a nothing day I run at 480x, field work day I run at 3 or 5

https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2019
bossmanslim wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:52 pm Seasons requires 3 fertilizer passes, 1 more than the base game.
I am running the Anhydrous and Stubble cultivator mods and can do all 3 fert stages in 1 pass. (at least I think it is the stubble cultivator that helps with that? It only gives 1 stage after cotton though. not sure if that is a feature or a bug)
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

I have noticed a few things, either the AI farmers have magic seeds or special privileges.

Oberkrebach running 3 day seasons using the wales geo. (PS4)

I plant or seed one of my fields it takes over night for it to go from planted to growing, if I do a sowing contract the same thing, the sowed to growing change happens over night. If the AI goes ahead and sows their own field it goes directly into growing, no over night transition from sown to growing. ( I saw this on lone oak also)

For corn, the temperature was too low, the AI sown field grew anyway. I waited till the last possible day and time then planted corn ( last day of sowing, still too cold) it took two days for growth to show and the field was empty, when corn finally showed up it was full sized.

Then came time to start harvesting on the map. the AI planted corn field was ready to harvest 1 day before the harvest period was to start according to the seasons menu in game. my field is delayed, but I understand that as I planted at the end of the planting window.

Does the AI work off a different schedule or is the Wales Geo messed up, or is it the map?
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

I neither played with the wales geo, nor with oberkrebach but noticed that behaviour too, so i guess the AI is less restricted than a player to keep the fields planted.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

I play on loneoak and Dahl ranch with seasons on a 9 day setting with a x5 time setting this always works for me with very little downtime you just have to find a setting that works for you if big fields are your thing try ethir of these maps
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Crazof wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:31 pm I have noticed a few things, either the AI farmers have magic seeds or special privileges.

I plant or seed one of my fields it takes over night for it to go from planted to growing, if I do a sowing contract the same thing, the sowed to growing change happens over night. If the AI goes ahead and sows their own field it goes directly into growing, no over night transition from sown to growing. ( I saw this on lone oak also)

For corn, the temperature was too low, the AI sown field grew anyway. I waited till the last possible day and time then planted corn ( last day of sowing, still too cold) it took two days for growth to show and the field was empty, when corn finally showed up it was full sized.

Then came time to start harvesting on the map. the AI planted corn field was ready to harvest 1 day before the harvest period was to start according to the seasons menu in game. my field is delayed, but I understand that as I planted at the end of the planting window.

Does the AI work off a different schedule or is the Wales Geo messed up, or is it the map?
It’s the 3 day seasons Realismus says the mod functions best on 9 day seasons
masneoquil

Post by masneoquil »

I play on a 12 day seasons at 1x speed.
But I cheat at the beginning and I buy all the fields, so I'm quite busy all the time.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

I find the fertilising a little tedious, I’d prefer just two stages. One thing I do like is that it gives you something too look forward to, I love harvest time (in game and real life) so that is one aspect I like.
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

Mwal wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:52 pm
Crazof wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:31 pm I have noticed a few things, either the AI farmers have magic seeds or special privileges.

No I've never used 3day seasons and I see the same patterns all the time.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

One suggestion is to use realistic size equipment, I’m on Rade2k19 and even though the fields are large 6m equipment is the best option
Chester98

Post by Chester98 »

The only thing I don’t like about Seasons is what they did with the horses. I find that very frustrating! I don’t want to run a boarding stable. I just want to have a couple of horses around to ride.
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

Oberkrebach running 3 day sea

I doubt its the 3 day seasons, my lone oak is 6 days.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Crazof wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:57 pm

Oberkrebach running 3 day sea

I doubt its the 3 day seasons, my lone oak is 6 days.
Which is still three days less than 9?
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

sure
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Crazof wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:58 pmsure
My point is I don’t think anything is broken the game only simulates growth in stages if you pay attention to your own crops the jump from stage to stage as well. The AI crops are only following a pattern as well (my guess is it has a lot to do with contracts) and if you speed that process up it’s going to look even crazier.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

TBH, I have not gotten too far into any map to say for sure how the Seasons ends up working. I do not play a lot, maybe an hour or two a week, and therefore I come across lots of maps that have 2 hours into them because I am trying to bite off more than I can chew. It is very hard not to start something on all of them though. I will monitor my double cropping of some of the GEOs I use, and see what my results are
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!