Stappenbach 2020

hun3

Stappenbach 2020

Post by hun3 »

This map is one of my favorite and I just briefly checked it out. I noticed all farms are all placed inside the city which is a little disappointing to me.

Did anybody else spent more time on the new version of this map? Any chance to move the farm out of the city? :)
Mister-XX

Re: Stappenbach 2020

Post by Mister-XX »

Landscaping and Placeables

I'm not quite done with the farm yet, but I like it ... and I'm sorry I'm using Google Translate

Gruß Martin

LS Zocker seit 10/2013
LS13/15/17/19/22

↓ Mein PC-System: ↓
CPU: 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900KF
Arbeitsspeicher: 128GB Ram
Grafikkarte: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 24GB
Monitor: Samsung Gaming-Monitor Odyssey CRG9
Betriebssystem: Windows 11 Pro
Hori FarmSim Lenkrad mit Shifter
2x Saitek Seitenpanel
JeffFarmer1029

Post by JeffFarmer1029 »

There are spots outside of town that you can purchase that have ruined building on them. You have to cut down trees in order to make it yours.

I have noticed that solid and liquid fertilizer have the ground texture of manure though. Getting ready to run through checklist of making sure not a mod conflict....

Edit: Just ran vanilla game, no mod test and same goes. Lime has no ground texture either
This game made me convert to PC
GIANTS and Modders, what a game you have teamed up to create! Thank you!
Wannabe farmer with 1 acre in the city
hun3

Post by hun3 »

Mister-XX wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:27 am Landscaping and Placeables

I'm not quite done with the farm yet, but I like it ... and I'm sorry I'm using Google Translate

Looking good so far. And yes you guys right there is a forest where the old cow farm was that can be rebuilt. Kind of like a German version of no men land :)
Pict

Post by Pict »

I gave it a quick look last night and my initial though was that it was better than it's FS15 & FS17 versions. My second thought was is was running a bit slow and my video card was over heating...so into Giants editor to see why.

An hour or so in the editor showed me that this map is not well optimized. So after some work on the clip distances and my standard trash clearance, of which there was surprisingly little compared to some maps, I ran it again.

Second run was much better and the map is a keeper. I just don't understand why anyone would go to such lengths to make a great map like this and obviously show little interest in optimizing it well.
JeffFarmer1029 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:32 am There are spots outside of town that you can purchase that have ruined building on them. You have to cut down trees in order to make it yours.
That's good info, I'm gonna give that a try, thanks :hi:
messyhead

Post by messyhead »

I just started on this map, and I quite like it so far.

I have some missing mods though, and not sure which ones to install.

Also, the Maize Plus mod seems to turn all the snow to Grass silage.

FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

messyhead wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:12 am I have some missing mods though, and not sure which ones to install.
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019

On this page it shows what the required mods are. And if you click the links they will automatically download.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
messyhead

Post by messyhead »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:12 pm
messyhead wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:12 am I have some missing mods though, and not sure which ones to install.
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019

On this page it shows what the required mods are. And if you click the links they will automatically download.
I've installed all of those already. I can see the sawmill insitlde the items/placeable folder. So I don't know what the error is about
BiggoB

Post by BiggoB »

messyhead wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:29 pm I've installed all of those already. I can see the sawmill insitlde the items/placeable folder. So I don't know what the error is about

hi,

it's an error in the files of the map. nothing you can do without changing the zip.

they will fix it in an update i think.

cheers
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

messyhead wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:12 am Also, the Maize Plus mod seems to turn all the snow to Grass silage.
MaizePlus and any other mods that add new filltypes that can be tipped on the ground(HeightTypes) cause these things. Best is to not add a mod like this when you've got stuff lying on the ground.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
JohnGeer

Post by JohnGeer »

Do the cows not actually spawn on this map? I've bought one of the plots with the small cow barn on and i've bought a couple of cows but i can't find them (or even see where they would go if they don't appear in the barn).

There in the game and producing slurry etc, i just can't actually see them?
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

If there are multiple fixed cow barns on the map and you didn't transport the cows yourself, you might want to check those =P
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
IseOlen

Post by IseOlen »

BiggoB wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:37 pm
messyhead wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:29 pm I've installed all of those already. I can see the sawmill insitlde the items/placeable folder. So I don't know what the error is about

hi,

it's an error in the files of the map. nothing you can do without changing the zip.

they will fix it in an update i think.

cheers
So still no update? I think because of this the sawmill on the west side doesn't work for me (when approached on foot you get error messages like "Missing FS19_Stappenbach_sawmill_productLine_wood in l10n_en.xlm" on screen too).
On PC. All latest required mod versions downloaded from modhub and activated.
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

The map get`s also horse extension update from farming Agency. This will take some time, as their sample map Charwell was just released a few days ago. They are working now on updates for around 30-35 maps, so this can`t be done in a few days.