A couple probably stupid questions....

chuckGnades

A couple probably stupid questions....

Post by chuckGnades »

Ok, forgive me for not knowing the names of these mods but there is an auger, its on the official site, its just a simple auger for picking things up off the ground and tipping into a trailer or whatever. The problem i have is i can attach it to any vehicle I have tried so far. I love the auger but transporting it is a nightmare. Also, in the Anderson pack, the two machines that make the ag-bags, the long silage worms, i have the same problem with those hitches as well. I have tried many things, like only having those particular mods in the folder and trying to attach, but that doesnt work either. Is anyone else having the same problem? Im trying to figure out if its just my game, or if it is a common problem. thanx
chuckGnades

Re: A couple probably stupid questions....

Post by chuckGnades »

sorry...i didnt proof read hahah i cant attach the auger
eric21

Post by eric21 »

With the wrappers I think certain hitches can only connect to them? Is it one of the grimme convayers? One end there should be a hitch
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Make sure you've entered the wrapper and folded it to make the hitch appear. Best thing to do is to have the help window turned on with these types of implements and cycle through the various options on them.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

If you mean this one ....

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019

.. you have to unfold it (or fold I forget which) and then you can hitch it to a truck ... and then tow it down the highway at 50 mph until pulled over, see Youtube! :D
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Oké, stupid question from me.

In real life, what are the reasons that farmers buy third party headers for their combines and not one from the brand that their combine’s from?

So for example, why buy a MacDon header for your John Deere combine and not a John Deere one header?
Ignorance is bliss
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

Many times it is because those headers have different features such as a Macdon having the option for a built in cart, or other things that a farmer may want. Also, pricing could be a factor too.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

iwan073 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:55 am Oké, stupid question from me.

In real life, what are the reasons that farmers buy third party headers for their combines and not one from the brand that their combine’s from?

So for example, why buy a MacDon header for your John Deere combine and not a John Deere one header?
Could be any number of reasons. Flex head, belts instead of augers, customer service, etc.,.

Liken it to gaming, why buy a keyboard, mouse, or monitor that isn’t the same brand as your cpu?
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

chedly_farms wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:47 amLiken it to gaming, why buy a keyboard, mouse, or monitor that isn’t the same brand as your cpu?
Because Intel doesn’t make any of those? 😬
Ignorance is bliss
chuckGnades

Post by chuckGnades »

hey...a little follow up here....the auger i couldnt get to attach was conflicting so how with the tow bar mod. when i have both of those mods activated, the hitches do not attach. without the tow bar, everything works just fine.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I would just get rid of the tow bar mod. It has seem to cause problems.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Kamoore65536

Post by Kamoore65536 »

I am pretty sure the reason that people use MacDon headers over the John Deere, Case IH, Massey Ferguson, and the others is that MacDon was the first to use the draper configuration in mass production. It gave the farmer the ability to use a 30% wider header on a combine than the screw headers built by the combine manufacturer. The belt on the draper head required less horsepower to move the grain and also less grain was shelled/separated from the plants head while being moved to the separator.
Playing on a PS4 & PS4 Pro.
Added a PC at Christmas time.
i7-7700 quad core 3.6GHz(4.2GHz Turbo)
GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
120 GB SATA solid State Drive
1TB SATA III hard Drive
Added a 4K TV
Added a PS5.