Dry and liquid
5%
All options
19%

Total votes: 42

Cmtaylor

Planter fertilizer opinions poll

Post by Cmtaylor »

This poll is for fertilizer opinions only number of rows and brands wont be add since those poll have concluded so if your on this post please vote.
Bryan83

Re: Planter fertilizer opinions poll

Post by Bryan83 »

I'd say don't waste the space on fertilizer when it could be used for extra seed. But if you have to put a fertilizer tank on it, I'd go with dry fertilizer.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

I voted for none since we do not use any with the planter, and the only thing that we have run through a planter was insecticide which we stopped many years ago. Our bean stubble gets fertilized twice before planting and the corn gets side dressed once it gets some decent height.
Cmtaylor

Post by Cmtaylor »

Well we used dry fertilizer on our planter on the farm but i like seeing others opinions
iw_shawn

Post by iw_shawn »

In game I go for none. The planter I’ve been using has a liquid fertilizer tank, but it is to small and empties well before half the seed is gone. I find it easier to fertilize with a dry spreader, or slurry/digestate then to constantly refill the planter with liquid fertilizer.

Playing with Seasons on Eiersholt
My wheat/oat/barley after fall harvest gets dry fertilizer, planted to canola no till and immediately fertilized. In early spring I dry fertilize again.

Canola after fall harvest gets digestate, then plant oilseed radish, early spring gets cultivated followed by another application of digestate, corn is planted late spring/early summer.

Corn silage ground get same treatment as Canola, but subsoiled and planted to soybeans

Grain corn gets dry fertilizer, subsoiled, digestate in the spring, planted to soybeans followed immediately by dry fertilizer.

Grass gets, digestate after harvest, dry fertilizer after growth.
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

I never run any fertilizer in planters or seeders for the sole reason that if you put down fert with the seed you cannot preemptive spray effectively on the down field. I try to get my fields 100% fertilized before sowing
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
Cmtaylor

Post by Cmtaylor »

Make sense
Phantoms

Post by Phantoms »

On a planter w/fertilizer I use I have to fertilize before plowing/cultivating for it to count as the second application. If I fertilize after plowing/cultivating then it will still put down fertilizer but not increase the fertilizer count thus wasting it.
Playing on PC
Cmtaylor

Post by Cmtaylor »

Well on our farm we are no till cover crops so its a must