Found a workaround for the infamous Welker tire

Bryan83

Found a workaround for the infamous Welker tire

Post by Bryan83 »

I know a few players here have talked about the tire by field 2 stopping them from taking out the original farmyard and expanding the field. If you have the patience, I've found that with the landscaping tool you can "bury" the tire and cut a new field over it with a plow.

When I did it, I raised the terrain 2 "clicks" above the tire, then in gradual steps from the center out. To finish, I used the "Smooth" option.

I don't have any screenshots now, but I can take some later if anyone wants to see them.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
vondeylenfarms

Re: Found a workaround for the infamous Welker tire

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Neat idea, thanks for sharing! I actually just made a grass patch with a old red decorative barn out there like I see here in Ohio
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
jah6575

Post by jah6575 »

I went even simpler. I planted 4 of Alien Jim’s Medium pines around it in a grass patch and left it there. I can barely see it and I know it’s there.

I agree it is a great idea though.
whughes

Post by whughes »

I would like to see Picts. I tried but no luck
Atomixx

Post by Atomixx »

Confirmed! Raising up the terrain above the top pf this tire and smoothly flatten the surrounding terrain worked for me too!
Viele Grüße,

TOM

------------------
LS22 (PC) (i9-13900KF, RTX 4090 Gigabyte OC, 64 GB DDR5, 3 TB m2.SSD, Samsung G9 Odyssey 49")
LS19 (PS5)
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Still got that stupid small tree not far from the tire... I wish they would update and fix this map. It's all I play on, almost 500hrs
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Yeah, the tree bugs me too. Can't cut it down and it won't grow so I can. And you can't landscape under a tree, so it gets to stay there. I smoothed out around it and what I did (though in this picture it's not complete yet) was use the paint tool to make a small island in the field for it. Kind of like in field 17.

Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

ValhallSN95

Post by ValhallSN95 »

The tree can be cut down, use the Trex, just position the tree on the far right side of the cutter, keep working with the height and distance and you will cut a piece off then save and reload your save and the tree will be full size and easy to to cut down.
Chris Birdsong Wolfforth, TX
Grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm

Xbox Series X / Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
FS22 7,545hrs FS19 10,965hrs
FS17 (XB1) 7,910hrs FS17 (PC) 1,297hrs
FS15 7,620hrs FS13 7,877hrs
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

ValhallSN95 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:17 pm The tree can be cut down, use the Trex, just position the tree on the far right side of the cutter, keep working with the height and distance and you will cut a piece off then save and reload your save and the tree will be full size and easy to to cut down.
Thanks for that. I used the trex from a few different angles and had no luck. I'll try again this weekend.

REN56

Post by REN56 »

ValhallSN95 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:17 pm The tree can be cut down, use the Trex, just position the tree on the far right side of the cutter, keep working with the height and distance and you will cut a piece off then save and reload your save and the tree will be full size and easy to to cut down.
Great find Valhall! Thanks for sharing this! I’ve been trying to get that particular tree ‘gone’ for many months without any luck. I’d used the “Lizard Trex600” on it several times many months ago, but it didn’t work for me, so I gave up on it and assumed it was hopeless to remove it.

I can confirm that this method above (as Valhall described) absolutely *does* work - though it took me several ‘tries’ - it finally did work just as described above. After going all around the tree at almost every possible angle, and moving the front end cutting section on the Trex600 up & down, etc. - not having luck and almost giving up - when I worked on approximately the middle height level of the tree (go figure) - that’s when it finally worked for me. :)

A quick mention of the famous tire that won’t go away - I used a hedge strip (from a hedge mod) - and placed it almost on top of the tire - covered & hidden now. The landscaping route sounds like the better way to do it overall, but I just wasn’t in the mood for landscaping that entire area just for that one tire.

Happy Holidays & happy farming everyone! :)
Life is too short... smile & be happy!
PS5 & PS4 Pro > FS22 & FS19 & FS17
Xbox Series X > FS19
PC > FS19