Welker map sinkhole

vondeylenfarms

Welker map sinkhole

Post by vondeylenfarms »

So...I've seen people speak of this but I never had the issue...but after 500hrs I finally found a sinkhole on field 3. Can't make it go away 🤷 Is there a fix or am I screwed
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
eight_lugs

Re: Welker map sinkhole

Post by eight_lugs »

I have the same problem. Tried landscaping but it’s a no go.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

The only thing I've seen someone come up with was putting the placeable pond mod over it.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Bryan83 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:30 pm The only thing I've seen someone come up with was putting the placeable pond mod over it.
It won't let me place anything over it...also is it the same spot for everyone or different? Wonder if the map maker can update it

Platform-PS5
Onto FS22!
Atomixx

Post by Atomixx »

Also farming on Welkers, but here is no sinkhole or sth. Can someone please show me where it is? I'm just sowing my almost 900 acres, no issue at this time.
Viele Grüße,

TOM

------------------
LS22 (PC) (i9-13900KF, RTX 4090 Gigabyte OC, 64 GB DDR5, 3 TB m2.SSD, Samsung G9 Odyssey 49")
LS19 (PS5)
MappersParadise

Post by MappersParadise »

Hello

If you can get me a picture just to see whats going on guys i will look into it.

MP
Hoss1

Post by Hoss1 »

I had the same sinkhole after nearly 200 hours. There was nothing that could be done to cover it up or change the landscape. I just ignored it and never used the field. I’ve since deleted that save game and have nearly another 200 hours on a new Welker’s save... no sinkhole this time. I’m currently on Stone Valley for now (in anticipation of Millenial Farms :wink3: ) and haven’t been on Welker’s in nearly a month.
Playing on Xbox since FS15
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

MappersParadise wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:31 pm Hello

If you can get me a picture just to see whats going on guys i will look into it.

MP
There was a thread about this same issue started a little while ago, picture is in the third post :hi:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Pafarmer

Post by Pafarmer »

Don’t know if this will work for this problem but I’ve been able to use the large grain silo from TopAce888 to place where it says terrain can’t be deformed then after selling the silo am able to alter the terrain with landscape tool.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

MP

viewtopic.php?f=963&t=158536&hilit=Welker+sinkhole
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

MP
Mappers..I wrote a facebook message to you..can you respond and I'll send pictures on there (it's a easier) thank you for your response!

Platform-PS5
Onto FS22!
MappersParadise

Post by MappersParadise »

Thanks for the pictures Von

So first thing i did was to cut up tree logs and branches and chucked them in the hole... nope hole was still deep... so this time i chucked in whole trees and still no luck... then the light bulb appeared above my head and i remembered i had some old banger racing cars on the farm so i jumped into the big loader and piled on the old scrap cars and flung them down the hole.... i jumped out and had a look and still big hole... i stood back and scratched my head and said to myself "this is defo a sink hole" .... so my next step was i ran across the road to the workshop and grabbed a bit of 4 by 2 and a few timber slats and made a little sign.. I grabbed one of Nicks spray cans and of course it been white i thought thats perfect (dont worry Nick won't mind i used his paint) Carrying on i sprayed the words "Danger Sinkhole" onto the sign, ran across the road and placed the sign at the edge of the hole... i thought dam cos i suddenly realized that you could only see what the sign said from one direction so i quickly pulled the sign up and ran across to the workshop, grabbed more timber slats and nailed them to the other side of the sign, got the spray can and sprayed the same words on the new side.... i walked back over to the sinkhole feeling smug cos now you could read the sign from either direction so i hammered the sign at the edge of the hole and thought to myself job done..... then i thought oh no what about the hired workers so i had a brilliant idea and i went and wrote some new xml's where it tells the worker if he see's a sign and it says "Danger Sinkhole" then he has to go around or he will drown if he falls in the hole..... since then i have not had one hire worker or myself fall into that sinkhole..

So this is what you will need:

1.. logs, branches, trees
2.. scrap cars preferably ford's but anything will do
3.. big loader with forks
4.. bit of 4 by 2 and timber slats and get your own spray cos Nick said i owe him a can of white spray
5.. some xml's

Oh i forgot and get a big hammer as well..

I'll take a look and see whats up or if i can see any issues ...
farmerdonnie

Post by farmerdonnie »

MP
i do know its on field 3 but i have never had this issue it does not happen to many people for some reason
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Issue is being looked into by mappers. We had a long conversation and pics were sent of the issue. I will say I played for about 450hrs before it arrived on my map so no idea how it when you might find it.

Platform-PS5
Onto FS22!
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Oops, just realized I sent that post without putting thread link in the post :blushnew:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!