Banning of popular Modders.

TZ441

Re: Banning of popular Modders.

Post by TZ441 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:11 pm Custom modding is banned now too.
Under what grounds is custom banned? They have no mods with 3D tracks and the model most of their stuff themselves.
FS15, FS17, FS19 all on Xbox.
FS19 on PC
4th Generation Cattle rancher in South Dakota.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

TZ441 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:30 pm
Under what grounds is custom banned? They have no mods with 3D tracks and the model most of their stuff themselves.
They don’t know, they said the message was vague and they aren’t sure
TZ441

Post by TZ441 »

So far the 9RT is the only mod of customs thats been removed from what i can tell.
FS19 on PC
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Well I'm glad I download everything right away and never delete stuff. This is just starting to look like a trainwreck, with Custom Modding involved. Those dudes take forever to put mods out because they make everything from scratch and do a dang excellent job doing it.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I think giants needed some of your Christmas spirit Chedly ha.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I think there would be a lot less issues if Giants could explain personally to each modder what went wrong. Right now all they know is that they have been accused of cracking a DLC. Whether that's true or not has yet to be said, but the descriptions from Giants leave a lot of gray area.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:40 pm I think giants needed some of your Christmas spirit Chedly ha.
I honestly hope level heads prevail in the end. It is a shame for kids getting the game on their new XBox X's won't be able to download some good American style mods.

TZ441

Post by TZ441 »

Update: Steenkamp has dug into the tracks on his quad that i belive are the same ones 99% of modders used and the only thing that he thunks it could be is the track array (Gives the tracks their shape). Other then that the models have no resemblance to the DLC ones.
FS19 on PC
lawm

Post by lawm »

......is this the Christmas surprise everyone was mentioning?
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

lawm wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:51 pm ......is this the Christmas surprise everyone was mentioning?
Jelly of the month club is still worse.

Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

chedly_farms wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:44 pm I honestly hope level heads prevail in the end. It is a shame for kids getting the game on their new XBox X's won't be able to download some good American style mods.
That's why I think it is bad timing. Yes, don't allow new mod to be released with it, but others have been on there for months, so what is a few more days?
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

This entire thread is nothing more than gossip. The matter at hand is between Giants and the modders and should be left that way.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

I really hope Giants reads this and I really don't give a ****... I'm a grown ass adult and I'm going to speak my mind. In regards to Guil, You're not wrong... If there's an issue with those mods and someone reported it in Giants missed it whatever the excuse may be... Then pull the mods and stop the process get it figured out. But to wait until Christmas Eve when everyone's supposed to be closed and banned them with little to no explanation is outright appalling! I believe it was spoken previously that there's other modders I have not been banned that have done the exact same thing supposedly. This is more of giants' bias bull stuff and from what I can tell it's everything that is the US or American version which has been no secret Giants has hated ever since his game has come out.

Everyone's talking about level heads in the end prevailing and trying to get this figured out... I don't see that happening. There's been a lot of issues with mods in the past and there was never a strong ban like this one... I play the game cuz I enjoy it which I assume everyone does. Whether it's PC or console people have different games I don't have to play this game I don't have to give money to Giants. And everyone that is on the fence, tell me that the modders in this game aren't the ones that make the game for what it is?! Giants made the game there's no question about that obviously... But what makes me keep coming back to the game is the new mods that come out or the new mods that are in line which all the matters that were banned had an amazing list coming between custom modding and SIID those two alone as examples had enough coming in the pipeline that made me feel like a teenager again wanting to play this game. That's gone and over with... Don't get me wrong I'm as hopeful as everyone else that maybe this is a huge mistake and it'll get fixed January whenever they get back... call me negative call me pessimistic I don't care but I don't see that getting fixed.
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
The Real Justin

Post by The Real Justin »

Crazof wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:58 pm This entire thread is nothing more than gossip. The matter at hand is between Giants and the modders and should be left that way.
Which is why they should settle it like men...in the squared circle...on PPV.
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

Oh, that's alot of modders and mods gone in one go. That's so sad just on Christmas to. To think that modders spend months on one mod and then have it taken down is sad, but I guess from what we hear, maybe it was going to happen sooner rather than later. 😟 :frown:

Have these mods been removed yet, hopefully the mods and their creators return for 2021, it's a big commotion over something small, but from what I can read they cracked a DLC, which presumably isn't a good thing.

It's just a Shame that it's right on Christmas, and that they've been released for months now in some cases.
:sadnew:
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.