Banning of popular Modders.

Alagos

Re: Banning of popular Modders.

Post by Alagos »

USAproudfarmer wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:58 am “If you steal and car you get in trouble too”🤔 is that the same as USEING a 120mb file to improve the gameplay with a mod that more people will download then the dlc? Because I can confidently say “no one bought this dlc for the 3D tracks”. This is not a attack on anyone but more of a question of why these guys got insta banned instead of asked or told not to use this model. I will leave you with this, as a 6th generation Idaho farmer, i was always happy to see all of these cool American mods that i get to use IRL but now I seem to be left with “euro” mods that are not only slightly congested in game machines but a very boring sight to see as a American. I hope that you guys can have irk out a deal that gives these great people a second chance.
According to the laws, yes, it's the same thing. Theft is theft, no matter what way it's used.
It's also in the User agreement of the game, which means that by playing/modding the game you agree with all of this. Not that people ever read those things.
And as to why they got insta-banned, I've got no clue. Might be because they were all using the same set of parts or there were other prior infractions regarding the user agreement. But that's all speculation. I don't get this kind of info from Giants either :)
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
eric21

Post by eric21 »

FarmerNobby2008 wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:22 am
Guil wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:15 pm They stole parts, they should be banned and forever. Like it or loathe it but Giants should sue them. Maybe it will teach other wanna be fools from trying to rip off locked DLC. I left the mod team at giants on bad terms so believe me I have little to defend them for but this is the right course of action. Yes it was missed in testing but testers are only human and make mistakes, there is no way on earth the said modders mistakenly cracked protected DLC and used assets from it.
what the hell are you talking about, the 3D Tracks have existed in FS15 or was it in FS17 and were the idea of and made by a Modder ... Giants later took the idea and sold it as theirs ... so come again ... it has always been this way, Modders come up with these new ideas and put them in their mods and Giants in their laziness takes that idea of course without giving credits to the original Modders and sells it as a new feature in their new installment of Games. When it comes to new machinery with new features etc. Modders are light years ahead of Giants ... Precision Farming it's based off Soil Management Mod ... Giants will Fall if they keep doing this kind of **** sooner than later ... Giants owes it's reputation and huge success to all Modders that put their time and effort into new stuff that all you people are longing for ... yes it is true without Giants FS Game the Modders wouldn't be this successful either, but most of the success is due to the Modders ... you know everyone is replaceable, I am just saying ... there are other farming games out there that are just waiting to rise from the ashes ... Don't slap the hand that feeds you most of the new ideas ...
The prescion farming wasnt totally made by 100% it was a joint project with John Deere and universities.
3d tracks came from the claas dlc not in fs17 of fs15.
punchi

Post by punchi »

That must be the dumbest thing I've heard so far 😅
Not like the reality is where giants could take their ideas from.
So modders are only stealing their ideas from real farmers?! Come on modders, you could do better than that 😂😂😂
USAproudfarmer

Post by USAproudfarmer »

I guess I have a different opinion of what is a law and what is social curtesy. No one is really profiting off those 3 D tracks and the modders ( if they knew they were using them or not) are just producing a cool machine that is fun to play with that they made for free. It would be different if they were profiting. And let’s face it, without modders like SIID and the other good people modding, this game would not be as highly rated among its community. I hope that this can be resolved soon.
Bersson

Post by Bersson »

Correct me if I’m wrong: These modders used tracks from the cracked JD 9RX series instead of studying the freely available Claas Axion with Terra Tracs, which has everything they need (shaders and stuff) to model tracks on their own?

@punchi: Best post of the year! Real-life farmers must be furious about modders stealing their ideas :mrgreen:
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

As for Giants not having an americanized version of all the equipment, do we know that they got licenses for that?
Everything they include, they need to have licenses for. A bit easier for mods, even if Giants needs the brand license for consoles.

Regarding modders not knowing - unfortunately that isn't a legally excuse for using it.
And I do belive they monetize from mods published on the modhub? If that hasn't changed. And that means they are using something stolen to earn money witch is an even worse offense...

And merry Christmas to you all, take some time to enjoy the holidays with your closest ones.

And if the info Alagos says is right, and I see no reason why it shouldn't be, this whole mess seems to be a coordinated attack by the modders, aimed at Giants, and started afther they went on vacation. Thus aimed to cause the most damage to them while they aren't working...
And that is quite a nasty trick.
Is there a list somewhere of the modders involved?
I want to make sure I uninstall mods I might have from them
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Theres about 4 or 5. But seems other modders are distancing themselves from them
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

So, the bunch that already have been in trouble with Giants before I assume? And have been sent out into the cold, and later let back in again, now have gotten themself into trouble again by using parts they shouldn't have?

(Saw a list in another tread)
If that list is correct, then I really understand that other modders stand up against them. They have definently not learned that using stolen parts aren't ok.

*If that list isn't correct, this comment might be invalid

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

FarmerNobby2008

Post by FarmerNobby2008 »

eric21 wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:11 am
Guil wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:15 pm They stole parts, they should be banned and forever. Like it or loathe it but Giants should sue them. Maybe it will teach other wanna be fools from trying to rip off locked DLC. I left the mod team at giants on bad terms so believe me I have little to defend them for but this is the right course of action. Yes it was missed in testing but testers are only human and make mistakes, there is no way on earth the said modders mistakenly cracked protected DLC and used assets from it.
what the hell are you talking about, the 3D Tracks have existed in FS15 or was it in FS17 and were the idea of and made by a Modder ... Giants later took the idea and sold it as theirs ... so come again ... it has always been this way, Modders come up with these new ideas and put them in their mods and Giants in their laziness takes that idea of course without giving credits to the original Modders and sells it as a new feature in their new installment of Games. When it comes to new machinery with new features etc. Modders are light years ahead of Giants ... Precision Farming it's based off Soil Management Mod ... Giants will Fall if they keep doing this kind of **** sooner than later ... Giants owes it's reputation and huge success to all Modders that put their time and effort into new stuff that all you people are longing for ... yes it is true without Giants FS Game the Modders wouldn't be this successful either, but most of the success is due to the Modders ... you know everyone is replaceable, I am just saying ... there are other farming games out there that are just waiting to rise from the ashes ... Don't slap the hand that feeds you most of the new ideas ...
The prescion farming wasnt totally made by 100% it was a joint project with John Deere and universities.
watch video here, 3D Tracks were made in FS17 by a Modder and Giants took the idea and sold it as theirs, nice move ... without giving credit to the original modder ... all nicely explained for every dummy to understand ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNRKEiJ ... Hg-FZPOVI5
FarmerNobby2008

Post by FarmerNobby2008 »

FarmerNobby2008 wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:59 am
eric21 wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:11 am

watch video here, 3D Tracks were made in FS17 by a Modder and Giants took the idea and sold it as theirs, nice move ... without giving credit to the original modder ... all nicely explained for every dummy to understand ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNRKEiJ ... Hg-FZPOVI5 ... and I would like to point out the Mod with 3D Tracks from FS 17 ... well would you look at that "FS17 John Deere 8520 T by Beavers Modding" long before Giants took that idea from him and made it theirs or sold it as theirs ... so if we hold Modders accountable for their apparently wrong doing, than that includes Giants as well or not? Oh, I see it works only one way, which is the Giants way, right?
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Noraf wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:31 am

And if the info Alagos says is right, and I see no reason why it shouldn't be, this whole mess seems to be a coordinated attack by the modders, aimed at Giants, and started afther they went on vacation. Thus aimed to cause the most damage to them while they aren't working...
And that is quite a nasty trick.
Their are many aspects of how Giants operate that I dislike, but in this instance I fully agree with you.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

People steal stuff from Giants. They send it back to Giants. Giants testers gives it a pass and distribute it. Isn't that like helping a burglar get your TV out to their van (Lizard of course)?
Stolen fragments making it to the ModHub just goes to prove how skilled and knowledgeable Giants testing team is. Giants really needs to do something with their QA/Testing personal. If they're going to dish out punishment, their own staff should be included.

I don't understand why Giants would even lock DLC, considering their game really needs mods in order to survive until the next version. However, it's their game and they'll do what they want.
I wonder how many kids saw many of these mods and were the reason they asked for the game for Christmas. Then they wake up this morning, open the game, and discover the mods aren't there.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

FarmerNobby2008 wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:31 am ... and I would like to point out the Mod with 3D Tracks from FS 17 ... well would you look at that "FS17 John Deere 8520 T by Beavers Modding" long before Giants took that idea from him and made it theirs or sold it as theirs ... so if we hold Modders accountable for their apparently wrong doing, than that includes Giants as well or not? Oh, I see it works only one way, which is the Giants way, right?
....Snipped it a bit, to contain just the part i'll coment on.

I'm pretty sure that the tos for giants editor will include something in the lines of "what's made with the GE, Giants can use free of charge."
That's a pretty standard way of doing things like that.

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Farming101

Post by Farming101 »

It seems that the parts were given to them to use. How can you say that the testers are humans and can make mistakes but not the modders. I have nothing against either side. Giants brought us the game, modders kept it alive. Yes, the modders need to correct the issue with 3D tracks, not sure banning was the right option, but I have nothing (majorly at least) against giants. After all someone has been releasing mods throughout their break for us to use. This is just a tough situation, and I know Siid at least has released the fixed X9 on 3rd party sights. Hopefully in the new year giants will simply unban the modders and allow them to fix the tracks. I think that being banned during Christmas is enough of a warning. At least it would be for me. There was never any intent of harm on either side of this. The modders mistakenly used tracks, and Giants banned them as they had to somehow penalize for the usage of the DLC parts.
Last edited by Farming101 on Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
560 acre family farm, grain and beef operation. FS19 on XBOX ONE and PC. Growing YouTube channel!

IronHorse Modding
punchi

Post by punchi »

FarmBoss wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:48 am I don't understand why Giants would even lock DLC, considering their game really needs mods in order to survive until the next version.
Simple. They want to sell the dlc. If it's open, you can find it easily on the internet 😉