Is Windows 10 the problem?

farmboy002

Is Windows 10 the problem?

Post by farmboy002 »

Just thought I would throw this out there to see if anyone can figure this one out?
That new map I just made for fs15 has the liveticker mod installed and when I play the map on my Gateway P.C with windows 8 the PDAbeep sound will play when something is ready to be removed. But when I play the map on my other P.C with windows 10. It won't play the PDAbeep sound. The liveticker will scroll a crossed the top like it's suppose to do just don't get the beep sound. I'm guessing it has to do with windows 10? :confusednew: If I open the file in my player on windows 10 it plays just fine, Just not understanding why it won't play in game?
FarmBoss

Re: Is Windows 10 the problem?

Post by FarmBoss »

Possibly a filename typo/location issue moving between systems?
Eische

Post by Eische »

Did you checked the log file?
If the sound can't be played, because the file is not found, this should be mentioned in the log file.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
farmboy002

Post by farmboy002 »

Eische wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:00 pm Did you checked the log file?
If the sound can't be played, because the file is not found, this should be mentioned in the log file.
Yep! :search: You hit the nail on the head look what I found in the log file.
Error: Can't load resource 'C:/Users/w12/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2015/mods//FarmKing/Sound/pdaBeep.wav'.
Error: Can't load sample 'C:/Users/w12/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2015/mods//FarmKing/Sound/pdaBeep.wav'.

So is the file bad? or is the file path wrong?
Eische

Post by Eische »

farmboy002 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:39 pm
Eische wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:00 pm Did you checked the log file?
Yep! :search: You hit the nail on the head look what I found in the log file.
Error: Can't load resource 'C:/Users/w12/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2015/mods//FarmKing/Sound/pdaBeep.wav'.
Error: Can't load sample 'C:/Users/w12/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2015/mods//FarmKing/Sound/pdaBeep.wav'.

So is the file bad? or is the file path wrong?
I guess the double slash: /mods//FarmKing/ between mods and Farmking is the problem.
However this happened...
There should be no difference between Win10 and 8 in this regards... very weird.

Can you show the line in the mods xml file which is directing to that sound file?

Edit:
Usually Windows ignores those // inside of a path and replaces it with the single / automatically. Maybe Win 10 is more picky now?
I'm wondering why it does this.
Can you show the whole log file or a larger portion of it? Might be interesting to see how other mods will be loaded/recognized.
Last edited by Eische on Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
farmboy002

Post by farmboy002 »

Can you show the line in the mods xml file which is directing to that sound file?
Where do I find the mods xml file? And I bet your correct that it's because of the double slash is the problem?
Eische

Post by Eische »

farmboy002 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:01 pm
Where do I find the mods xml file? And I bet your correct that it's because of the double slash is the problem?
Not sure about FS15 but the mod should be a .zip file? So the xml file should be within the zip file.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
farmboy002

Post by farmboy002 »

Eische wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:03 pm
farmboy002 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:01 pm
Not sure about FS15 but the mod should be a .zip file? So the xml file should be within the zip file.
Maybe it's because I renamed the map folder FarmKing after I was done making the map? And then compressed it to a zip file. I'll go into the maps modDesc xml and change all the sample mod map titles to FarmKing and see if that fixes it?
Eische

Post by Eische »

Ok. I did some further investigation on this. And as you mentioned the map has the live ticker mod installed, I guess it clicked on my end.
There might be something wrong within that script.

- Check the folder structure of the map and search for a file called liveTicker.lua
- open this using a text editor
- within this file search for pdaBeep
- it should bring you to a line similar to this:

Code: Select all

loadSample(self.sample,  Utils.getFilename(self.dir.."i3dtech/Mischstation/pdaBeep.wav", self.baseDirectory), false);
- please post the whole line.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
farmboy002

Post by farmboy002 »

Eische wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:27 pm Ok. I did some further investigation on this. And as you mentioned the map has the live ticker mod installed, I guess it clicked on my end.
There might be something wrong within that script.

- Check the folder structure of the map and search for a file called liveTicker.lua
- open this using a text editor
- within this file search for pdaBeep
- it should bring you to a line similar to this:

Code: Select all

loadSample(self.sample,  Utils.getFilename(self.dir.."i3dtech/Mischstation/pdaBeep.wav", self.baseDirectory), false);
- please post the whole line.
loadSample(self.sample, Utils.getFilename(self.dir.."Sound/pdaBeep.wav", self.baseDirectory), false); :this:
farmboy002

Post by farmboy002 »

Found the problem thanks to Eische

loadSample(self.sample, Utils.getFilename(self.dir.."Sound/pdaBeep.wav", self.baseDirectory), false);

loadSample(self.sample, Utils.getFilename(self.dir.."map/sound/pdaBeep.wav", self.baseDirectory), false);

It works just fine now Eische Thanks *thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup*
Eische

Post by Eische »

Awesome!! Thanks for the feedback!

Have fun and Happy Farming :mrgreen:
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

[quote=Eische post_id=1364866 time=1612893847 user_id=125814
[/quote]

Well done Eische. That was right neighbourly of you. Just like (most :lol: ) real farmers would have tried to help *thumbsup*
farmboy002

Post by farmboy002 »

DirectCedar wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:54 pm [quote=Eische post_id=1364866 time=1612893847 user_id=125814
Well done Eische. That was right neighbourly of you. Just like (most :lol: ) real farmers would have tried to help *thumbsup*
[/quote]

Yes that was very good of Eische to take the time like that to help. And for the beep working on my other p.c. I had other maps in my mods folder that had the correct file path. And I only have just this map in my mods folder with windows 10 So it must have been reading it off one of those other maps on the other p.c., Would be my guess? I just thought it mite be windows 10 because I can't get giants editor to work on windows 10. I made the map on the other p.c with windows 8.... And then e-mailed the map file to myself to play on my new p.c.
And if it wasn't for Eische I'm not sure I would have been able to figure it out myself? I knew I could fix it if I knew what to fix, But that's the hard part for me most the time is figuring out what needs fixed..... :hi:
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Excellent, I was right, it was a filename typo/location issue. Good work everyone!