Come on gaints release american life farming already

MagicBoy

Re: Come on gaints release american life farming already

Post by MagicBoy »

njuska11 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:32 pm Giants sure love to complicate things with this map
So to clarify what you'd like to see Is :-

Problem : 3rd party Map repeatedly fails testing

Solution : Change the tests so it passes.

:confusednew:
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

That seems like a solid solution in my good ole 'merican mind
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
texasplowboy

Post by texasplowboy »

I'm no expert on Giants testing procedure. But its crazy at how many maps pass Giants testing just to be updated later and some multiple times.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

texasplowboy wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:43 pm I'm no expert on Giants testing procedure. But its crazy at how many maps pass Giants testing just to be updated later and some multiple times.
A bunch of different players playing in different ways with different mods on different hardware makes many different bugs/errors get found. GIANTS testing isn’t anywhere near as thorough as playing for hundreds/thousands of hours.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

MagicBoy wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:47 pm
njuska11 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:32 pm Giants sure love to complicate things with this map
So to clarify what you'd like to see Is :-

Problem : 3rd party Map repeatedly fails testing

Solution : Change the tests so it passes.

:confusednew:
If the brazilian mods and maps can get a slack so can lancyboi
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Put your tinfoil hats on ladies and gentlemen
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

texasplowboy wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:43 pm I'm no expert on Giants testing procedure. But its crazy at how many maps pass Giants testing just to be updated later and some multiple times.
I was one of a team of testers testing a popular map (several maps actually, but one I can recall clearer than others) released for FS17 and put months in testing things (occasionally for 5+ hours a day). We'd run out of issues and changes to suggest and I'm still confident it was one of the most issue-free maps ever made for FS (certainly since console mods were a thing from FS17 anyway). Even then it took a bit to pass GIANTS' testing (there were no means of checking for some issues like you can now) and the map itself still needed an update.

Even the best maps by the best modders with dedicated test teams putting in months of work will fail to find every issue. Different eyes see different things and there are thousands of ways to approach the game.

You should be thankful that mods get tested first (though there are certainly aspects of GIANTS' mod testing that need improved) and updates come to fix the issues there will inevitably be. Just like it's impossible to release software without bugs, it's almost impossible to release a map (or any major mod) without bugs - the only question is how game-breaking they are and whether any update will be save-game compatible.
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

There's a balance to be struck. Test everything with a play through in various styles and it'd take Giants weeks (and £thousands in wages) to test the mod. Sure, the first party maps that come with the base game will get extensive testing. On a third party mod that's free, makes no financial sense for Giants.

That they're doing basic sanity checks for things like poly count, testing sell/buy points etc with base game content and can turn it around in a couple of days makes sense. If the mod author wants to do some community testing before it's submitted to Giants, that's on them.
gmoody79

Post by gmoody79 »

Lancyboi posted to his FB page that the map should me released today. And if anyone is having map related issue to reply on the post he made.
lawm

Post by lawm »

Console version is out. Shows as new so maybe had to separate the pc version from console? Hopefully pc is out too
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

It is.
empato

Post by empato »

What does that mean: " anhydrous added"??
The map describtion in my language translate that with "no water" which seems a bit strange to me.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Anhydrous Ammonia
Nitrogen fertilizer
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
empato

Post by empato »

Thanks for clarification, so there is one more fertilizer option. That makes much more sense than what`s written in the german map describtion...
garyst

Post by garyst »

For some reason I had to update the map three times and lost an extra 20% of my modhub memory after doing so on my Xbox. :confusednew: