Why am i paying these workers?

Metalgeekzy

Why am i paying these workers?

Post by Metalgeekzy »

:gamer:
For starters, i do play mostly modded maps with equipment mods. So, i guess maybe that could be part of the problem? But if it is i guess maybe these mod creators could have spent a bit more time to make sure things work correctly?

So, workers are dumb. They get hung up on a fence or a building, they go home.
Some do part of a field but skip entire sections. And then go home.
Some make really weird backup loops around the field and i feel like im paying them extra for driving around weirdly.
Im on one map where a field is next to a pretty steep hill. Workers will very often get hung up on the hill. Then go home.

Why am i baby sitting people that are supposed to be working? Why are the AI workers not smarter?Is this mechanic supposed to make my life easier, because it does not feel like it. I very often do fields myself because the workers cant figure it out when i have other things i need to be doing.

When i see the message Worker A has completed there task, my only thought is. Ya, but how much have they screwed up?

Now, i do know about course play and other such mods. But do i really need to rely on a mod to correct a base game function?
Mwal

Re: Why am i paying these workers?

Post by Mwal »

It’s pretty common knowledge that the workers don’t work very well and are extremely simple so expecting them to work perfectly in every situation is only going to disappoint. If map creators only cared about making the workers operate correctly the only field shape would be a slight rectangle with giant grass areas around the fields, that sounds awful. Just use courseplay then you could be playing right now instead of being frustrated.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

We can but hope that 22 will see a vast improvement though I am not expecting much.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Mwal wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:36 am It’s pretty common knowledge that the workers don’t work very well and are extremely simple so expecting them to work perfectly in every situation is only going to disappoint. If map creators only cared about making the workers operate correctly the only field shape would be a slight rectangle with giant grass areas around the fields, that sounds awful. Just use courseplay then you could be playing right now instead of being frustrated.
Until Courseplay does it’s stupid stuff…
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

DEERE317 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:14 am
99% of courseplay issues are related to mod conflicts. I hardly ever have a problem with it anymore
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Mwal wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:14 am
DEERE317 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:14 am
99% of courseplay issues are related to mod conflicts. I hardly ever have a problem with it anymore
It’s pretty good until it has a stupid streak/something weird, and then it’s frustrating beyond belief.
Or something buried in a menu that is impossible to find (have 2 identical JHHG Console S780’s, one doesn’t unload on the go, couldn’t figure out where the options causing that behavior are)
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Depending on what version you use i believe it’s in the combine menu
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Mwal wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:35 pm Depending on what version you use i believe it’s in the combine menu
It may be, I ultimately just live with it, 2 S780’s in corn usually are stopped by the time I get across the field from the other one. :lol: