Included mods for fs22

brewcrewer

Included mods for fs22

Post by brewcrewer »

Is there a list of everything included in game for 22 yet?
deerefarm

Re: Included mods for fs22

Post by deerefarm »

I'm assuming you mean gameplay features or equipment, and not mods as FS22 will not ship with any mods, everything will be "vanilla". As for gameplay, no there is not a complete list of everything included in the game yet. Giants have shown us a lot of info regarding gameplay but there are most likely several things that they are saving and will show more of the closer we come to release date, to help build excitement for the game and try to get those who are sitting on the fence to buy the game.
The mods will follow a couple of weeks after release likely first by Giants who usually release things that didn't make it into the base game. Mods from modders will follow as modders aren't getting the new editor till it's ready, no exact date has been released for that.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
brewcrewer

Post by brewcrewer »

Sorry, by mods I meant equipment/vehicles
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

This is a list they update weekly with new equipment
https://www.farming-simulator.com/about ... latform=pc
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

deerefarm wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:56 am The mods will follow a couple of weeks after release likely first by Giants who usually release things that didn't make it into the base game.
Well isn't there any chances if we'll get the government subsidy mod?
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Alma, Missouri: 140 Hours
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

ASOLANDRI wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:34 am
deerefarm wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:56 am The mods will follow a couple of weeks after release likely first by Giants who usually release things that didn't make it into the base game.
That will probably be one of the first mods because it is an easy way to get a good rating on the modhub, but I don't think any FS game has had mods on day 1.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Looking at the ModHub for FS19 there were GIANTS mods already available before release - I managed to download some FS19 models in summer 2018 which I was able to open in GE7 (useless of course as GE7 didn't understand the new materials or shaders obviously, but the model was there and could be exported). They've since updated the ModHub to hide such mods, so the trick I used doesn't work anymore - indeed it was just for testing the ModHub anyway as the tractor (the Lintrac 90) was actually in the base game. Still now though there are a bunch of prefab mods dated July 2018, four months before FS19 was released.

It looks like the first non-prefab mods (all GIANTS own mods) came out a couple of days after FS19's release, though I can't say that with any certainty as all of the vehicles have been updated since.

The first non-GIANTS mod (which hasn't been updated since) is VertexDezign's Composite Machine Sheds, released 4th December 2018. I suppose we've got to remember that in the weeks after a game's release the team will be concentrating on confirming and fixing bugs players report, with testing of mods a long way down the list. After the first post-release patch (or patches) we can probably expect to see the mod rate improve.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

If not included in the game this time, I really hope that the 'disable vehicle camera collision' mod comes out fast.
Even if I primary play in 1st person view, I do sometimes have it in 3rd, and the camera have a spastic behavior without that mod.....
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Noraf wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:20 pm If not included in the game this time, I really hope that the 'disable vehicle camera collision' mod comes out fast.
Even if I primary play in 1st person view, I do sometimes have it in 3rd, and the camera have a spastic behavior without that mod.....
It would make little sense too me if it was not included given it is by Giants, should be in with the option to switch on or off depending on what you want. I really dislike playing the game without it.
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

MrSquealypig wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:37 am
ASOLANDRI wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:34 am
That will probably be one of the first mods because it is an easy way to get a good rating on the modhub, but I don't think any FS game has had mods on day 1.
And I did hear someone on r/farmingsimulator saying that they would start on a different farm in Elmcreek.
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Alma, Missouri: 140 Hours
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Noraf wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:20 pm If not included in the game this time, I really hope that the 'disable vehicle camera collision' mod comes out fast.
+1, that mod is a lifesaver for my sanity when I decide to use 3rd person *thumbsup* Even better would be someone converting Additional Game Settings, since that mod has a camera collision toggle built-in and lots of other quality of life features as well.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

I'm presuming OxygenDavid's two new UK maps will ship pretty soon after release? He's been showing off images with the FS22 stamp on them so presumably he's got a pre release copy of the game so as to get a head start.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Mobias wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:28 pm I'm presuming OxygenDavid's two new UK maps will ship pretty soon after release? He's been showing off images with the FS22 stamp on them so presumably he's got a pre release copy of the game so as to get a head start.
It's just FS19. Even he is saying "it will probably take into the new year before we start seeing good mods or maps". All the badge is showing is that the map will be released for FS22 - nothing more.

Modders won't, and shouldn't get pre-release versions (not selectively anyway). It would be grossly unfair on new modders or those who aren't among the chosen few - the community would, rightly, be in uproar. For all or for none.
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

We will have to wait 4 to 6 months until good mods start to drop as for converts maybe a little bit sooner depends how easy converting will be. It is usually like this and thats why i plan to stick with fs19 until stuff i need gets made for fs22. I might try fs22 and probably after 2 weeks leave it as i will be missing my essential mods
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Conversions of vehicles and equipment has never been easier. As far as I know the models and textures won't have to change at all. You can probably open them with the new editor, save them and use that as a base with the rest XML and sound work.

I expect the biggest challenge will be creating decent sounds as the old sounds will probably work but be very poor compared to the new base sounds - you could of course take some sounds from one of the base-game vehicles as a base, tweaking them a little here and there to make them sound unique. Things like trailers clanking will just be a link to the existing files, just needing to ensure they happen at the correct point in the animation sequence.

Other than that the only unknown is how the gearing works. I assume it's just in the vehicle XML <motorized> section but we'll have to see how it's set up, especially the amination on older tractors with the gearsticks.