Hyper-slow growth, 0 fun, dead game

blue_painted

Re: Hyper-slow growth, 0 fun, dead game

Post by blue_painted »

Iconia Star wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:20 pm I was giving plenty of proof, you just didn't want to hear it.
I don't think you have given any proof, certainly not that GIANTS stole the code and assets because you said that you do not understand the contents of a mod. I don't think you have given any proof that GIANTS stole the ideas of any mods - yes you can point out that that similar functionality was previously supplied by mods but you have no proof they took something to which they were not entitled.

What you have said, as below, is ...
Iconia Star wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:28 am My exact opinion is simple.

Farming Simulator 22 is nothing more than Farming Simulator 19 with a few of the more popular mods implemented as part of the base game. There are parts that are completely original ideas (Grapes and Olives) but that's all.
... and I have no quarrel with you having that opinion. I disagree with your opinion because I think there are several other improvements in this version but that is a different matter.

I understand that you are disappointed that you paid in advance for a game that didn't meet the expectations you had for it. I do not agree that that can reasonably be considered "a scam" or GIANTS implementing functions that were previously provided by mod is "theft".
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Iconia Star

Post by Iconia Star »

blue_painted wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:59 pm
Iconia Star wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:20 pm I was giving plenty of proof, you just didn't want to hear it.
I don't think you have given any proof, certainly not that GIANTS stole the code and assets because you said that you do not understand the contents of a mod. I don't think you have given any proof that GIANTS stole the ideas of any mods - yes you can point out that that similar functionality was previously supplied by mods but you have no proof they took something to which they were not entitled.
Proof that I believe something is ummm... proof that I believe something? Which part confuses you?

Demonstrating that the "new additions" are similar or identical to previous mods is still demonstrating that they stole the ideas. Okay, you don't like the idea that I call it "stole" so let's call it (just for you, Of course) "took" the idea. It's just a personal definition on whether or not the word "stole" is always wrong and/or nefarious.

And again... I never said they weren't "entitled" to take the ideas. I just said that they took the ideas. I just referred to it as stole.

Hopefully at some point one of us is going to drop the subject since it's unlikely we're going to come to any kind of agreement (it's just unlikely to be me since you're the one making claims against me and it's up to me to defend my own words.)

You also can't seem to get over the idea that I've never once... not even a little bit... said that Giants did something wrong or that they weren't entitled. Even though I've said it in so many different posts.

Oh, I have an idea. Maybe you'll listen to it this way...

I HAVE NEVER, EVER SAID THAT GIANTS SOFTWARE HAVE DONE ANYTHING WRONG OR NEFARIOUS BY TURNING MODS FROM FS19 AND ADDING THEM TO THE BASE GAME OF FS22!

Would you like me to make it my signature so you can get your mind around it? I can pick up a crowbar for you while I'm picking up one for Illinois Farmer if that'll help.

I'd like to add onto that... I didn't call it a "scam" I said "It KIND OF is..." Again, all in the perceptions of those who felt cheated.

I'm getting as bored with this conversation as I got when I spent four game-months sleeping!
Phi258

Post by Phi258 »

Completely agree with this thread. I don't want to waste my time doing contracts. I spent 2 hours plowing a field for 5,000, just dull and boring and provides almost zero benefit to my long term playing. I want to be growing my own farm, harvesting my own fields. Not doing mindless repeats of the same contracts over and over for little to no gain. And in between all this I'm sleeping then losing money constantly without any income on loans, maintenance etc. The whole economy system needs a revamp and the state the game had released in with game breaking bugs, crashes and all the other issues is beyond a joke for the price of the game. Little to no contact from the developers either beyond vaguely worded Twitter replies of "a patch before Christmas"
Iconia Star

Post by Iconia Star »

Phi258 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:38 am Completely agree with this thread. I don't want to waste my time doing contracts. I spent 2 hours plowing a field for 5,000, just dull and boring and provides almost zero benefit to my long term playing.

Got a little tip for you... wait till the "neighbour's" fields are ready for harvest. Buy the field, harvest the crops, sell the crops then sell the field and wait till they are ready for harvest again.

Sod the economy. The price of the field doesn't change just because you've removed the crops ^.^
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Iconia Star wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:36 am I HAVE NEVER, EVER SAID THAT GIANTS SOFTWARE HAVE DONE ANYTHING WRONG OR NEFARIOUS BY TURNING MODS FROM FS19 AND ADDING THEM TO THE BASE GAME OF FS22!
Okay, one last time, in capitals in case that helps you:

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SAY THAT GIANTS SOFTWARE HAVE DONE ANYTHING WRONG, DON'T USE WORDS LIKE "STEAL" OR "STOLEN" OR "SCAM" BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT THOSE WORDS MEAN. WORDS MEAN THINGS. IT IS HOW THIS COMMUNICATION THING (is supposed to) WORK(s).
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Iconia Star

Post by Iconia Star »

blue_painted wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:34 am
Iconia Star wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:36 am I HAVE NEVER, EVER SAID THAT GIANTS SOFTWARE HAVE DONE ANYTHING WRONG OR NEFARIOUS BY TURNING MODS FROM FS19 AND ADDING THEM TO THE BASE GAME OF FS22!
Okay, one last time, in capitals in case that helps you:

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SAY THAT GIANTS SOFTWARE HAVE DONE ANYTHING WRONG, DON'T USE WORDS LIKE "STEAL" OR "STOLEN" OR "SCAM" BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT THOSE WORDS MEAN. WORDS MEAN THINGS. IT IS HOW THIS COMMUNICATION THING (is supposed to) WORK(s).
I didn't say scam did you forget to read that? You might be trying to communicate, but you don't do a very good job if you don't pay attention to the entire comment.

I also said JUST for you, I'd start using the word "took" instead of "stole". It can still mean the same thing but you're of the opinion that stealing is always wrong or nefarious. Because you still don't know how to communicate properly. That's not my problem now, is it?

Quick question though. If stealing is always wrong... what about "stealing a kiss"?

Do you understand yet that while words have meaning, most words have multiple meanings depending on how and why you're using them? Just because you don't like the word, doesn't put it out of place.

For Pete's sake, I said multiple times that using mods from previous versions is a good business practice because those are things that the customers want... but you ignored all that and just sought out the negative that you thought you could see as well didn't you?
chedder_farms

Post by chedder_farms »

They've made too many changes and removed the usual, casual enjoyment out of the game. When this version ages, and players start to brag how many hours they have played, the real question will be, how many of those hours were spent sleeping in-game.
They get plenty of sales due to their CGI trailers, but the people who will stick around because of the gameplay, are the hard core fans here on the forum. The same people who are undoubtedly getting ready to pick this message apart.
Iconia Star

Post by Iconia Star »

chedder_farms wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:55 am They've made too many changes and removed the usual, casual enjoyment out of the game. When this version ages, and players start to brag how many hours they have played, the real question will be, how many of those hours were spent sleeping in-game.
They get plenty of sales due to their CGI trailers, but the people who will stick around because of the gameplay, are the hard core fans here on the forum. The same people who are undoubtedly getting ready to pick this message apart.
Or just make stuff up that they WANT you to have said so that they can disagree with you and feel so righteous. As if big daddy Giants cares about them more than their wallets.

Oh, I have a brag for you... In one save game... 1,152 game hours of play... 368 game hours of being awake.

(settings: 1 day per month on real time.)
swrunyan

Post by swrunyan »

I think what people are saying is, when it comes to "theft" as you call it, there is no deviation of the item stolen from the original. That is the proof you are not showing.

Now I'll give you this; If you want to accuse Giants of stealing an idea, then all your previous statements could be seen as somewhat credible. But that is not the direction you took.

Thus most arguments against your statements are valid.
Iconia Star

Post by Iconia Star »

swrunyan wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:14 pm
I think what people are saying is, when it comes to "theft" as you call it, there is no deviation of the item stolen from the original. That is the proof you are not showing.

Now I'll give you this; If you want to accuse Giants of stealing an idea, then all your previous statements could be seen as somewhat credible. But that is not the direction you took.

Thus most arguments against your statements are valid.
I did mean theft of ideas. I'm pretty sure that I mentioned stealing ideas in several different ways. Let me check...

Writing books and changing parts,
Writing songs and editing words, lyrics, tunes, etc,
Producing movies that are remarkably similar,
Oh look, even there I mentioned stealing ideas directly,
Supermarkets stealing ideas... that's there.

I know what you're saying. It's definitely the direction I tried to take right from the start. It's not as if I've said that Giants snuck up behind the modders, slipped the mods out of their pockets and ran away laughing like maniacs, right?

I think that what's really going on, is exactly what Cheddar Farms said. There are certain users who got so bored with nothing to do in the game that they came to the forums looking to start a fight against anyone who said anything even slightly negative about the game or the developers.

It would certainly explain why my character was called into question in ridiculous proportions (like comparing me to domestic terrorists) and why a certain pair of users have repeatedly ignored any parts where I've stated outright that I don't think Giants did anything wrong or that they have in fact, used a good business practice. As well as their refusal to drop the subject.

They WANT me to be wrong which is why when someone shows that I was actually correct by directing to the Terms of Service, Giants actually DO take previous mods (or the ideas for the mods if you prefer,) then they still refuse to accept when I'm proven to be correct... by their own arguments against me.
Luftkopf

Post by Luftkopf »

Iconia Star wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:42 pm
I think that what's really going on, is exactly what Cheddar Farms said. There are certain users who got so bored with nothing to do in the game that they came to the forums looking to start a fight against anyone who said anything even slightly negative about the game or the developers.

It would certainly explain why my character was called into question in ridiculous proportions (like comparing me to domestic terrorists) and why a certain pair of users have repeatedly ignored any parts where I've stated outright that I don't think Giants did anything wrong or that they have in fact, used a good business practice. As well as their refusal to drop the subject.

They WANT me to be wrong which is why when someone shows that I was actually correct by directing to the Terms of Service, Giants actually DO take previous mods (or the ideas for the mods if you prefer,) then they still refuse to accept when I'm proven to be correct... by their own arguments against me.
I think it is a communication issue. When I read what you first wrote, I assumed you were criticising Giants, because I’m used to the word steal in this context to only be negative. You’ve since clarified that this was not your intent.

There are parts of your argument I still don’t understand, but I don’t think either of us want to keep hashing it out, so it’s ok.

It’s ok for you to do some character-assassination though, right? Those of us who think Giants are doing a good job, who enjoy the game, and are sick and tired of the large amount of Giants bashing that is around are ACTUALLY just bored of the game and looking to fight people who criticise Giants?
Iconia Star

Post by Iconia Star »

Luftkopf wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:36 pm
I think it is a communication issue. When I read what you first wrote, I assumed you were criticising Giants, because I’m used to the word steal in this context to only be negative. You’ve since clarified that this was not your intent.

There are parts of your argument I still don’t understand, but I don’t think either of us want to keep hashing it out, so it’s ok.

It’s ok for you to do some character-assassination though, right? Those of us who think Giants are doing a good job, who enjoy the game, and are sick and tired of the large amount of Giants bashing that is around are ACTUALLY just bored of the game and looking to fight people who criticise Giants?
If it was a "communication issue" that's partly my fault, of course. However, I spent 10 days saying "That's not what I'm saying at all" and then trying to clarify my position, only to have people ignoring that and going back to previous points. Even ones that I've already conceded as being outside the norms of the descriptions. "Waah! waah! One of the seasons team works for Giants!" ok fine, I won't use that example again but there are a few others. "Waaaah! You're not getting it, one of the seasons team works for Giants!"

Here's the thing though. You "thought" I was criticising Giants. Before you get back on the band-wagon, I'll mention that I'm not just to make sure there's no mis-communication... again!

But what if I WAS? Are Giants somehow ABOVE criticism? Are they not to be held accountable for their own actions? Am I not ALLOWED to think that they're not doing a good job. Are they not a strong enough company who can't survive unless every single one of their customers loves them unconditionally, grovels at their feet and stands up for them because they're too afraid to do it themselves?

Personally, I think they can fight their own battles. Do you NOT think that? (rhetorical question)

As for the character-assassination. I think I DID say "out of proportion" didn't I? It's right there in the same sentence even providing an example. I remember typing it. Do you honestly think that comparing me to people running around starting riots is even close to the same degree as making a claim that a company is taking the easy way out when they release a new version of a video game?

It's fair for you to say "You're wrong and here's why I believe that..." and then give me a chance to say either "oh yeah, so I was." or "I don't think I was and here are my reasons..." BUT... "Oh the crow sound effects were already in the base game just not implemented..." "oh right, I see, I was incorrect about that, thanks" to get the response "Seee, you didn't go to the base code. Everything you said about EVERYTHING else is wrong and my proof is that you were wrong about this one thing."

But I'm the one starting an argument, aren't I?

Of course we have those who just refuse to understand that sometimes I can SEE the similarities and the only "proof" they want to see is that the code is character by character identical to the originals. As if I need to go back to the computer code to recognise the colours of little boxes that appear on my computer screen.

I had someone trying to show me where I was wrong and it turned out that I was correct, but still I got... "no, no, you're wrong, that's not proof!" Even when it's in Giants' own words.

Holy cats, to get people to recognise that Giants ARE using mods in future versions, you have to prove that they're gun-toting bank robbers, right?

If you can't accept that I have the right to have an opinion in opposition to yours, go back to Sleep Simulator and sleep some more.
Iconia Star

Post by Iconia Star »

Oh and just a side note... If Giants are getting more "bashing" than usual, maybe it's time to understand that they're not doing as good a job as you thought they were! When a large group suddenly sprouts up and speaks against a company, it has come from somewhere!
JonasKaizer

Post by JonasKaizer »

Iconia Star wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:43 am Oh and just a side note... If Giants are getting more "bashing" than usual, maybe it's time to understand that they're not doing as good a job as you thought they were! When a large group suddenly sprouts up and speaks against a company, it has come from somewhere!
No, this is pretty much normal. There was a lot of complaints after the release of FS19. not to mension FS17, the animal cleanliness "broke the game" and so on. And of course the silage pit bug. (wich I think we got this time as well?)

For me, the seasons in FS22 is perfect. not too complicated, but changes the gameplay completely.
Finally I can service and clean my harvester and implements and tuck them away in the sheds for the winter. in stead of just driving it to the next field and continue the rotation.

I hope they release a "fast growth setting" in the first patch so you guys can play the game the way you want, I really do.

The bottom line is that people should stop pre-ordering games if they are unsure about it.
And pre-ordering digital games, why?
Iconia Star

Post by Iconia Star »

JonasKaizer wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:59 pm
No, this is pretty much normal. There was a lot of complaints after the release of FS19. not to mension FS17, the animal cleanliness "broke the game" and so on. And of course the silage pit bug. (wich I think we got this time as well?)

For me, the seasons in FS22 is perfect. not too complicated, but changes the gameplay completely.
Finally I can service and clean my harvester and implements and tuck them away in the sheds for the winter. in stead of just driving it to the next field and continue the rotation.

I hope they release a "fast growth setting" in the first patch so you guys can play the game the way you want, I really do.

The bottom line is that people should stop pre-ordering games if they are unsure about it.
And pre-ordering digital games, why?
if it's normal for them to get complaints, then no one should be surprised by them. The point is that players shouldn't be fawning over companies, they are going to make mistakes and they're not perfect. Giants are not immune to criticism otherwise threads like this wouldn't exist.

I'm glad you enjoy the game. I haven't actually played it for a while because I was re-playing some old games to pass time till my next game release (and I just got another 6 games that are older but I've never played yet and I'll need to check them out.)

I don't know why other people pre-order games but in my case it really was because I thought it'd be as enjoyable as I found 19, I was just disappointed by it. I wanted to be able to use this one as a base on my YouTube channel to write stories about the games I play before YouTube became saturated by FS22 videos. It's the kind of thing that can kill a channel before it even starts if I release a video amidst a dozen other channels all of which are much bigger than mine because I disappear down a long list and no one can see my videos.

However, a game is boring if I'm working for an hour or two (in-game time) then going to sleep. Or skipping the entire winter because I have nothing at all to do.

I wanted to be among the first channels that showed the gameplay that didn't have early access. Now I have to either find a new base game for my platform or just abandon the idea. I don't like having games that I never play, though.