Update download - where is it?

Hefilump

Update download - where is it?

Post by Hefilump »

Having spent the last 2 days trying to get the game to run correctly, I have now been downloading a 3GB update for 5 hours!! Ans apparently still have 2 hours to go. Download speeds fluctuate from 5 MB/s to 0.002MB/s. :shock:

Some would say that this is not an issue but as I have a 900MB fibre connection and have during the same period managed to download 4 4K HDR movies of 50GB+ each, there is definitely something wrong at Giants end.

And the only way to get the update is to uninstall the game and then re-install - it has to do it itself, as the popup that appears on the start screen, which says 'Visit Website' doesn't take you to any update.

There are updates for all the other versions but nothing for FS22.

When are Giants actually going to start publishing updates that we can install in isolation? :confusednew:

Two days from release and no support that I can see from them - come on guys, get your fingers out and start supporting your users!!
Platform: PC - Lenovo Legion 7, AMD Ryzen 7 5800H, 32 GB Ram, Nvidia GTX3080 16GB VRAM, 2 x 1TB NVME SSDs

Controls: Keyboard, Mouse, Logitech Heavy Equipment Wheel and Side Controller

NOT STEAM DRIVEN!!
roggek

Re: Update download - where is it?

Post by roggek »

The solution is to delete the files in the update folder:
C:\\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2022\updater

Then the updater should find the updates.
ampm

Post by ampm »

At least your offered a patch, the broken gsme on ps4 doesn't even have one
Doodoo5220

Post by Doodoo5220 »

I read earlier tonight that the patch is ready for PlayStation and that it's slowly rolling out but it still hasn't roled out for me and I refuse to play this game anymore until they fix it. Back to the snowrunner DLC's for a while.
Hefilump

Post by Hefilump »

Why can't we have downloadable patches like previous version?

All previous versions of FS came with downloadable patch file that you could install in your own time.

Currently I have managed to download 25% of the current patch - only taken an hour!! And cannot turn the computer off until it has fisihed.

I can download a 75GB file in 15 minutes normally - I have a 900MB/s download speed.

Why does it take sooooo long?

Come on Giants - get your act together!
Platform: PC - Lenovo Legion 7, AMD Ryzen 7 5800H, 32 GB Ram, Nvidia GTX3080 16GB VRAM, 2 x 1TB NVME SSDs

Controls: Keyboard, Mouse, Logitech Heavy Equipment Wheel and Side Controller

NOT STEAM DRIVEN!!