Landscaping in FS22 is Ridiculous

rabbitohsfan

Landscaping in FS22 is Ridiculous

Post by rabbitohsfan »

Landscaping is an absolute joke in this game. Example. I purchased field 40 on Elm Creek. Went into landscaping mode, set brush strength & size to max, go to flatten tab. Sweet. I'm on my way to having a nice flat area to put some production factories next to my farm. Or so I thought. I sat in 1 spot for nearly 3 minutes as my money rapidly decreased. I decided to drag to a new spot & continue on. Sat there for a bit, my money decreasing all the while, waiting for it to "flatten" out. After about 20 mins, my money sat idle. New spot...nothing. I thought "Awesome". I went to place a spinnery for $60,000. $60,857. What? Ok just do it I thought. It terraformed the area!!! What the heck? Now there are lumps and bumps all around the new building. So I decided to try smoothing. LMAO. Don't even get me started on smoothing. The landscaping system in FS22 is an absolute joke. There was no need to change from FS19. In FS19, it worked. When you clicked & dragged, flatten worked instantly. Smoothing was a bit slower, but it worked. At the moment, I'm seriously considering quitting this game. Anyway rant over. Enjoy your day.
StoneTheCrows

Re: Landscaping in FS22 is Ridiculous

Post by StoneTheCrows »

Try starting with a small brush size in an area that is already the height you want. Establish that area and work outwards from it. Increase the brush size as your flattened area increases. Starting with a large brush size confuses the tool because it covers a range of heights and it doesn't know which height you are trying to achieve.
JWE75

Post by JWE75 »

So learn to use it More better. I think The Tool is 3 Times better then it was on fs19. And Even that was revolutionary.
chedder_farms

Post by chedder_farms »

JWE75 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:03 am So learn to use it More better. I think The Tool is 3 Times better then it was on fs19. And Even that was revolutionary.
Revolutionary for giants, decades behind everyone else.
StoneTheCrows

Post by StoneTheCrows »

chedder_farms wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:09 pm
Revolutionary for giants, decades behind everyone else.
Your glass is half empty again. 😉
Vanquis081

Post by Vanquis081 »

Place your factory and after use landscaping, but yes, landscape mode is also very expensive.
Vanquish81
PC: - i7 9700k / RTX 2070 Super / G.Skill 32 Gb ram / MSI Z390-A PRO - :PC
Mafredr

Post by Mafredr »

I actualy think its beter than it was in 19
ipodule

Post by ipodule »

it's not entirely clear to me why you even have to pay to change the landscape, even perfectly flat terrain will terraform when something is put on it and create ridges around the thing you placed... the system is poor and that's being generous.
Timothy1176

Post by Timothy1176 »

i agree the terraform/landscaping option is absolute garbage in FS22. The soft lines rather than hard lines on the square brush are stupid and make it hard to paint borders for new fields and get it even...I cringe everytime I go to place a building now...no telling how bad it will mess the terrain up and there is no terraform indicators when placing a building to tell you how much might change before you plop it down...it could have been done alot better and I honestly think FS19 had a more intuitive way of doing it ...but then this is just opinion...but thus far I have had a lot harder time with it than i did with FS19
GrimHuffer

Post by GrimHuffer »

Improvements could certainly be made but to ease the pain of the current system somewhat I reccommend you use a couple of mods:

* Free Landscpaing Tools

* Paint and Terraform Anywhere

Both are available to download in-game.
michele1048

Post by michele1048 »

HI, giants have to be told that when a new game is released it should be new and not the old one getting worse and showing the movie trailers is not serious. It is good to remember that there are other simulators on the market, the base game is periodically updated, improved for free and various DLCs are released and sold with new means, scenarios, etc. etc. and when they update the game this works well remembering it for the future wouldn't hurt
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Well, they have taken, in my opinion, a giant step forward with 22, with a lot of improvement, also to the build mode.

I'm curious though, witch games competes with fs that's still going?
There have been some attempts....
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Dale Kieser

Post by Dale Kieser »

I Agree. FS 19 had the grid style which worked well for making clean lines. It locked into place for making a clean line. Now it is hit and miss making a straight line. In FS 22 when I flatten an area, its not flat ! Build a cow barn on flattened area and there are still weird bumps all around the building. I am sure Giants will work all this out in the future. But its still a pain right now. I still think 22 is miles ahead of 19. Just a few bugs to work out.
TomTom996

Post by TomTom996 »

FS22 building tool still needs some more polishing and functions. I really like how they added everyting in a single menu, how easy is to delete bulidings, and that we can paint bushes and flowers.
But landscaping and placing in my opinion is somehow worse, inacurate and clunky compared to FS19.
I really hope Giants reckognize this and do some updates on this in future months.
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

My biggest problem with placeables in FS22 is still the rotation. The slightest tap on a bumper is like 27.5 degree turn. It's nearly impossible to get anything lined up.
I agree on the flattening, I got a big area to flatten on a big brush, but it wasn't really the level I wanted, should've started with a smaller brush.
Make sure you flatten a bigger area than you need, or you will get "jaggies" at the edge you didn't know about.
ALWAYS save before you start landscaping, right before, and immediately after, if it turns out.