Game crashing when quiting

gruszon18

Game crashing when quiting

Post by gruszon18 »

Does any one else faced a problem like mine ? My game every time crashes when i quite the game..
humbe

Re: Game crashing when quiting

Post by humbe »

Have you tried without any mods?
StoneTheCrows

Post by StoneTheCrows »

I used to get this on FS19. It was caused by the mods.

However ... I also discovered it is not actually crashing. With a lot of mods it just takes a long time to return to the main menu.

Leave the machine for a few minutes and see if it catches up.
ipodule

Post by ipodule »

I did, it was a mod
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

gruszon18 wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:44 pm Does any one else faced a problem like mine ? My game every time crashes when i quite the game..
I get this, too. Game engine crashes to desktop on exit. I, too, suspect it is a Mod, or at least that mods are contributing. However, I (currently) only have ModHub mods, which makes it more surprising to me. And, perhaps more significantly, I have another PC with the same mods (though older hardware) that does NOT crash on exit. So, color me a little perplexed by it. While I suspect mods are a factor, I think there may still be a bug in the game itself, too.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

parad0x177 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:31 am
gruszon18 wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:44 pm Does any one else faced a problem like mine ? My game every time crashes when i quite the game..
I get this, too. Game engine crashes to desktop on exit. I, too, suspect it is a Mod, or at least that mods are contributing. However, I (currently) only have ModHub mods, which makes it more surprising to me. And, perhaps more significantly, I have another PC with the same mods (though older hardware) that does NOT crash on exit. So, color me a little perplexed by it. While I suspect mods are a factor, I think there may still be a bug in the game itself, too.
It happens with script mods including those of the modhub, for me since the last patch it happens less often than it did.
gruszon18

Post by gruszon18 »

Boys, I spent over 3 hours today to try fix or diagnose what is the problem.. I can play with as many mods i want.. I can save the game, when it crashes i can still play on my save no problem. But when i try to quit to main menu, game close to desktop. every time. SO, i decided to check all mods. At first i put in folder those what i really like, Courseplay or Superstrenght etc. But it doesn't matter which mode i put in mods folder as long there's only 3 mods in it.. If i put another one game crashes ... I even change graphics setting to lowest.. Im really pi**. I even reinstall windows.. Twice to be honest, once installing again Win10 and now im on win11 and game still does that..
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

I submitted a bug report on this to Giant's when script mods first came out and they said that they were aware of it and it would be fixed in the next patch. Patch 1.2 came and it's still not fixed so I submitted another bug report and got the same answer LOL. Next patch.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
gruszon18

Post by gruszon18 »

So im not the only one with that problem ?
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

gruszon18 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:11 pm Boys, I spent over 3 hours today to try fix or diagnose what is the problem.. I can play with as many mods i want.. I can save the game, when it crashes i can still play on my save no problem. But when i try to quit to main menu, game close to desktop. every time. SO, i decided to check all mods. At first i put in folder those what i really like, Courseplay or Superstrenght etc. But it doesn't matter which mode i put in mods folder as long there's only 3 mods in it.. If i put another one game crashes ... I even change graphics setting to lowest.. Im really pi**. I even reinstall windows.. Twice to be honest, once installing again Win10 and now im on win11 and game still does that..
... have you tried using the “backspace” key to quit the game instead of clicking with the mouse ... ??? ... 😁
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

deerefarm wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:57 pm I submitted a bug report on this to Giant's when script mods first came out and they said that they were aware of it and it would be fixed in the next patch. Patch 1.2 came and it's still not fixed so I submitted another bug report and got the same answer LOL. Next patch.
For me it is not fixed completely nut now happens less often than pre patch when it did it every time.
Happy-Farmer!

Post by Happy-Farmer! »

I also have the same problem, I'm on pc with a fair amount of mods some from modhub and some from third party sites and sometimes the game quits to desktop and sometimes to the game main menu. There doesn't seem to be any pattern in this bug just happens at random.
GothicKing

Post by GothicKing »

I too have this issue and I have many mods. I have noticed, if it's only a couple hours that I play or need to close it for something like getting a new mod, it don't take that long. So waiting the game every couple hrs or so will help it.
Crashmac

Post by Crashmac »

I've seen some people report this issue occasionally when using the Poettinger Impress 200VCPro Multi Baler, it's only happened to me once when using it but it could be the issue.