AMD Ryzen 7 5800H @ 3.2Ghz
32 Gb RAM
Separate Nvidia RTX3080 Graphics card 16Gb RAM
2x 1TB PCiE NvME SSDs
Laptop monitor 2560x1600 @ 165Hz

Both Machines are running:
Windows 10 Pro OS Build 19044.1415 Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0
All windows updates installed
All Drivers updated to most recent version.

On paper, the laptop is far more powerful than the desktop and, in reality, outperforms the desktop on all games played (MS Flight Sim, Civilisation 6, FS19, Battlefield 2042). It also blows the desktop out of the water when comparing benchmarks. On the laptop all of these can be played at max graphics - in fact the laptop can have any 2 of these running at the same time, whilst doing downloads and not even break into a sweat!

The desktop can run FS22 all day on max graphics and loaded with mods no problem at all. Autodrive and Courseplay work fine as do modded maps and items.

BUT, and this is the problem, FS22 keeps crashing out on the laptop.
It doesn’t matter what I set the graphics level to, even on low it fails after about 2 minutes.
I have tried altering the programmes priority but still falls over.
I am trying this on a base game, with zero mods installed and it just won’t work.
I have completely rebuilt the laptop software wise with a total wipe and new install but still won’t work.

I have 2 copies of the game, a boxed DVD and a separate download (direct from Giants) NO STEAM! and I have tried clean installs of the game with both formats but that makes no difference.
I have installed to both Custom and Default locations (desktop is running custom location no problem as is laptop for FS19).

The only way I can get it to run for more than 5 minutes on the laptop is to install the base game, NOT take any of the updates (so version 1.0.0.0), turn the graphics down to medium at the most, and set the programmes priority as Realtime (rather than normal).
This will work for the first session but if I come out of the game and go back in, with exactly the same settings, then it falls over after about 2 mins

Does anyone have any ideas on what the issue is, if there is a fix?
Is anyone else having similar issues?

I am reaching out to the community because so far I have heard nothing back from Giants, not even an acknowledgement that they have seen my emails. :confusednew: *thumbsdown*
Platform: PC - Lenovo Legion 7, AMD Ryzen 7 5800H, 32 GB Ram, Nvidia GTX3080 16GB VRAM, 2 x 1TB NVME SSDs

Controls: Keyboard, Mouse, Logitech Heavy Equipment Wheel and Side Controller

NOT STEAM DRIVEN!!