Where's the 1.3 patch???

Tranceformer81

Re: Where's the 1.3 patch???

Post by Tranceformer81 »

DEERE318 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:15 pm
It might be good advice though.
FS isn't flying under the radar anymore. Selling millions of copies will make other developers take notice, and they might want a piece of the pie, or strawberry cake.
So far, it has only been startups or indies trying to cash in, but if the big boys take notice, Giants could be left in the dust.
Yep,  imagine say EA got hold of the franchise, you could say goodbye to mods being free, they would turn them into cash cows via micro transactions.
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

Tranceformer81 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:42 pm
DEERE318 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:15 pm
It might be good advice though.
FS isn't flying under the radar anymore. Selling millions of copies will make other developers take notice, and they might want a piece of the pie, or strawberry cake.
So far, it has only been startups or indies trying to cash in, but if the big boys take notice, Giants could be left in the dust.
Yep,  imagine say EA got hold of the franchise, you could say goodbye to mods being free, they would turn them into cash cows via micro transactions.
I doubt they'd try to acquire the franchise. They'd likely build their own. By the looks of things, some of these people are all too happy to pay for mods. DLC for this game is really just a few mods thrown together in an encrypted package.
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

DEERE318 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:12 amDLC for this game is really just a few mods thrown together in an encrypted package.
It really isn't. The premise of that suggestion is faulty. The way that mods are packaged doesn't make any base content or DLC a mod.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Technically a mod you download is also a dlc.......

And that part Giants really got right in 22 by the way :biggrin2:
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

It’s the 4th of February already.
It’s about time we heard of the first DLC and patch 1.3 that comes with it.
Ignorance is bliss
lawm

Post by lawm »

NWJ22 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:58 pm I assume you posted this crying session on Groundhog Day intentionally? I mean history is repeating itself, melting down over a free mod that may or may not have ever existed...
I assume you only commented to be a douche
lawm

Post by lawm »

Tranceformer81 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:42 pm

Nobody big will acquire this game. Theres no exclusivity. Anyone can make a farm game. They would just make their own. EA is one of the reasons I'm all for going to PC. You cant even play certain features on Madden without being connected to the internet. My son likes to do the "make your player start from high school mode" cant if the wifi is off. But hell BMW kicked around charging subscription service to access your heated seats. They want you connected to gather user info. Your paying so they can analyze and put you into an algorithm to help their sales lol
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

chedly_farms wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:46 pm So, what did I miss?
Buying the first round :mrgreen:
h3rich

Post by h3rich »

MagicBoy wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:36 am
DEERE318 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:12 amDLC for this game is really just a few mods thrown together in an encrypted package.
It really isn't. The premise of that suggestion is faulty. The way that mods are packaged doesn't make any base content or DLC a mod.
Yes it is! You really don't know enough about the game by the looks of it. DLCs are just mods in a different package. All the DLC content is still moddable..
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

My point is, you can go to the mod hub and download tractors, harvesters and so on.
Periodically Giants will sell tractors, harvesters and so on.
I understand why they do it, I'm just saying there's really no difference between a tractor on the hub for free, and one you pay for in DLC.
When Giants is working on a new version of their game, they probably pick and choose what equipment they will include in the base game, what equipment they will offer free on the hub, and what equipment they will ask you to pay for as DLC.
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

h3rich wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:19 am
Yes it is! You really don't know enough about the game by the looks of it. DLCs are just mods in a different package. All the DLC content is still moddable..
No it isn't. An extensible standard format for content doesn't make eveyrthing a mod.
h3rich

Post by h3rich »

MagicBoy wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:12 pm
h3rich wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:19 am

No it isn't. An extensible standard format for content doesn't make eveyrthing a mod.
And an example of that would be? You have no clue what you are talking about...right?
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Not sure if you do either to be honest....
Not every dlc is a mod, but every mod you download are a dlc.
Paid dlcs from Giants, and authorized 3rd parties, can't legally be modified.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

You guys don't seem to get my point about mods vs DLC.
I'm trying to point out that you might pay for tractor x in a paid DLC, and at the same time some modder could be building the same tractor x, and then release it on the hub where it's free.
h3rich

Post by h3rich »

Exactly, with the difference that the free moded one will probably be more functional. The only DLC worth getting is the Precision Farming DLC and that comes free. It's the only one that actually improves the game.