Gramma25

Post by Gramma25 »

hello I bought this game the other day on sale. I love farming games I harvested my field and cultivated another I tried to access the learning academie aparently it didn't work. i don't know what to do now can anybody give me any tips not everyone is experienced at this game

Edit don_apple: topic moved from german to english section.
ScotsDude73

Re: newbie

Post by ScotsDude73 »

Learn the basic first. When you harvest a field you can mulch the field after you have harvested to get a yield bonus. After mulching you are ready to prepare the field for seeding. Depending on what settings you have turned on. Liming, stones, periodic plowing and weeds as well as crop destruction can be turned off in settings for you just to learn the basics. You can also turn off seasonal cycles as well so you are not restricted to what you can seed. To prepare your field either use a plow, cultivator, power harrow or disc harrow or sub soiler. You can also use a seeder that can sow crops without any field preparation. There are various seeders in the store that allow this. Some seed as they cultivate. Some seed and fertilize as they cultivate depending on the seeder. Pay attention to the information in the top right as you look through the seeders in the store. Once you have seeded your field you can roll the field to get a further yield bonus. Field info screen is important so pay attention to it. Make sure you have 100% fertilization before your crop is ready to harvest. To get the field information screen simply stand on the field. The growth filter on the map shows growth. The darker the green of the field on the map the more your crop has grown. Orange means it ready to harvest. Use the sleep trigger at the house to skip the night Use these basic to get comfortable with the game. If you stick to crops like wheat, barley, oats, canola, sorghum and soybeans these can be sown with a seeder and harvested with a regular grain header. One thing to do is read the in game help menu. A new person can learn a lot from just reading the in game help menu. Play one of the in game maps like Haut Beyleron or Elkcreek and play with the tutorial on. Play around with the game, dont be frightened it wont bite you!!

Sunflowers require a planter as well as sugar beets, cotton, corn and potatoes. The are specialized crops that require in the case of sugar beets, cotton and potatoes expensive pieces of equipment and is advanced for a beginner.
Last edited by ScotsDude73 on Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:46 am, edited 6 times in total.
Pafarmer

Post by Pafarmer »

Welcome to the game! I would suggest maybe watching some YouTube channels to get started I personally like Mr SealyP he has some really good how to videos on his channel. There are some really helpful people on this forum also and some really good threads on different aspects of the game. Would be tough to describe all the steps in a post here. Hope this helps! Good luck learning the game and don’t be afraid to post any questions like I said there are lots of helpful people here.
ScotsDude73

Post by ScotsDude73 »

Farming Simulator Academy

https://farming-simulator.com/newsArtic ... ews_id=280

I recommend watching some these. If you are looking for a specific aspect of the game that you want to learn the best place to look is YouTube. Loads of YouTube channels do tutorials specifically aimed at beginners. Simply search what you are looking to learn. Loads of videos out there.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=fa ... ORM=HDRSC3

MrSealyP Guide Videos

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... s73LiMVL_N
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

When you are in the store if you scroll down to packages it will give a list of everything you will need to do a specific item. Like if you wanna do cows it'll show you all the equipment you will need. Kinda helpful for new comers. There is also in game tips in the menue section where the map views are
XBOX/ FS22