Train logistic on french map

Flar

Train logistic on french map

Post by Flar »

There is an issue in the trainstation Marigold on the french map :
The zone to deposit crops is on the tracks of the train, litteraly in it's way.
I got hit by the train while deposing my potatoes and didn't see it coming before it was too late.
Got my tractor stuck in the wall in a buggy way, lost all the potatoes in the cart by reseting their position.
Not fun !
Let me advise maybe to separate the zone to deposit the crops and the train tracks or at least
to have an alert like on the roads that cross traintracks inside the Marigold trainstation to have the time to
exit the build in time before it's too late. Because for now it can happen to anyone by surprise !
deerefarm

Re: Train logistic on french map

Post by deerefarm »

Ok I'm playing on Haut Bayleron and don't / can't see a train station caller Marigold.
Secondly where exactly are you trying to deposit you potatoes??? Directly on the tracks?? Both of the train stations (North and South) have very clearly designated unload/fill points for both vehicles and trains. There's no way I could get hit by a train.

Are you perhaps playing on a modded/downloaded map?
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
Dixie Farmer

Post by Dixie Farmer »

I’m not sure what map you’re talking about either but to add to what deerefarm said, you don’t dump the material on the tracks where is says “Marigold”, instead you dump it in one of the grain elevators on the railway track, then look for a icon near the elevator that says “Train Hire”, stand on the blue icon and press R, then a train comes to you and waits for you to jump in the front end to control it, then you load it up at the elevator where you store your grain and drive it off the map where you dumped all your spuds on the track and it should sell.

Oh wait you probably can’t put taters in the elevator, you might need to load them onto the train manually?

Hope this helps
raran

Post by raran »

This topic made me smile, thanks.
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

Dixie Farmer wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:23 am Oh wait you probably can’t put taters in the elevator, you might need to load them onto the train manually?
You absolutely can drop potatoes at the elevator (as odd as that might seem) and that is exactly the right approach for getting crops to that particular sell point.
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

Dixie Farmer wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:23 am Oh wait you probably can’t put taters in the elevator, you might need to load them onto the train manually?
You can, and beets.
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

You can put all sorts of things in the train silos, Beets, Sugar Cane, Grapes, Manure, Lime, and a few other things too. I'm just looking at the map, and you can buy lime for $17 per 1000L at the lime buying station, and then load it onto a train and sell it for $450 per 1000L. Talk about a markup. LOL
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms