FS22 on XBOX, thoughts and some bugs?

MagicBoy

Re: FS22 on XBOX, thoughts and some bugs?

Post by MagicBoy »

CoreyTr wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 10:38 am
raran wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:19 am
Airborne82nd wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 12:44 am

Yeah that's nuts. Any word that they may be patching in a change to make it more like the prior games with Seasons off? Anyhow, my GP ended, and being i haven't been w/o Farm Sim since 15 i went and bought it. I personally love that Construction Map. It looks like Wyoming, and i love the character customizations. The only issue i have is this growing time issue, and maybe the need for some more American midwest styled maps.
It's called Farming Simulator for a reason, otherwise it would be Harvesting Simulator which would get pretty boring if you ask me.
That's a weak argument. Some people want to play the game they way they used to, without having to sleep away 80% of the game.
Some people only have little time for gaming, and don't want to spend that time hitting a sleep button.

What wrong with wanting to just plant crops and harvest them?
Not exactly a hardship having to press a button to sleep a couple of times....
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

MagicBoy wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 12:50 pm

It's called Farming Simulator for a reason, otherwise it would be Harvesting Simulator which would get pretty boring if you ask me.
That's a weak argument. Some people want to play the game they way they used to, without having to sleep away 80% of the game.
Some people only have little time for gaming, and don't want to spend that time hitting a sleep button.

I didn't say it was a hardship.
The guy sarcastically said "It's called Farming Simulator for a reason". I just mentioned that some people have to sleep most of the game time away to get to what they want to do.
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

I don’t mean to be critical here, and in the past, Ive done my share of griping. I’m an oddball player. I’m always trying different things, like trying to make a living with just chickens or with no animals at all or no crops at all (just buying feed, etc. like many do here in Florida USA) or just making a “pretty farm.” I, honestly, don’t see why there can’t be an option to have growth rates become uniform in time for people who want to go back to the past. But, then, I’m not a coder. I do remember as a network admin at a school for 8 years that things were much more complex than they seemed. There were so many times teachers thought all I had to do was “push a button”, and sometimes, I’d try it…then spend 20 hours cleaning up the mess I made.

So, while I sometimes feel frustrated by having to use the sleep button or speed the game up, I realize I’m the one playing in my own way that might seem, stupid by others. The good part is that we have so many more options than in the past and, well, there are millions of copies out there and I’ll bet everyone has a wish list.

I’m an RPG person, really. At the moment, all of the sequels to my Fav Five are in development. So, FS is a great game for me AND I play it, even when I have the RPGs.

I’ve, also, tried some of the other FS type games and not one suits me. And, @CoreyTr, I wish it would happen as you say, regarding scripts.
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

Unless i'm doing something wrong, i'm having sleep like 10 times, and 10 months to grow a crop on a video game. "Farming Simulator'. Not "Sleep Simulator", and quite frankly, idt they meant it to be this way. I think it's a bug that needs to be fixed, which is why i asked if there were any plans to patch it in. And given nobody responded to that question, would tell me we just don't know. And that's good news, meaning it may happen.
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

Airborne82nd wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 2:40 pm

Unless i'm doing something wrong, i'm having sleep like 10 times, and 10 months to grow a crop on a video game. "Farming Simulator'. Not "Sleep Simulator", and quite frankly, idt they meant it to be this way. I think it's a bug that needs to be fixed, which is why i asked if there were any plans to patch it in. And given nobody responded to that question, would tell me we just don't know. And that's good news, meaning it may happen.
Key word is simulator.

I don't know any real life farmers who plant a crop and disappear for 10 months then come back to harvest it. There's other thing to do like fertilise it, weed it. Plant other types of crops, delivering last years harvest etc.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I don't think it is a "bug" in my opinion it is done by design because of the addition of the productions.
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

MagicBoy wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:25 am

.... i'm having sleep like 10 times, and 10 months to grow a crop on a video game. "Farming Simulator'. Not "Sleep Simulator"....
Key word is simulator.

I don't know any real life farmers who plant a crop and disappear for 10 months then come back to harvest it. There's other thing to do like fertilise it, weed it. Plant other types of crops, delivering last years harvest etc.
I don't think "simulator" is a key word here. All the things you say he can do to fill the 10 months can easily be done in a day or 2.
He wants an option to set growth to the same speed it's been for every other version of the game. I think when Giants said you could disable seasons, people thought that meant the game would play as it always has. That's what I thought when I heard it.
SimulatedFarmer

Quote from MagicBoy: “He wants an option to set growth to the same speed it's been for every other version of the game. I think when Giants said you could disable seasons, people thought that meant the game would play as it always has. That's what I thought when I heard it.”

Well, to be honest, that’s what I thought it meant, too, and that’s what I wish it meant. I’m a master of sleep button pushing and, sometimes, if I don’t have more than fields, I speed the game up. That kind of creates an “either/or” situation: just fields and logging or adding animals, production, etc. and playing the looooong game. There’s no way of making it ideal for ALL of us at the same time, I guess. Giants is, truly, trying to figure this out, I believe. Every one of us wants to play our way. How do they manage that??? I do not know.
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

It was actually a quote from me, but that's ok :mrgreen:

Hopefully they can add something in the future, but I'm not holding my breath.
I think they have ruined the game for some casual players.
SimulatedFarmer

My apologies, @CoreyTr. My husband bought this game for me as a joke in 2015. Oops! I’m still here, much to his dismay. It’s grown so much and I’m sure it’s a nightmare to be dealing with the wide interests of us all. And, that’s their job. I’m just a bit of a Pollyanna, but I’m 76 and female AND have worked in technology as a school network admin. I used to feel like I was running uphill while the students (lovingly, I’m sure) tried to “hack” me all night. It was both the best and worst job of my life. I miss those kids!

Keep the faith, my friend. *thumbsup*
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

CoreyTr wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:50 am

.... i'm having sleep like 10 times, and 10 months to grow a crop on a video game. "Farming Simulator'. Not "Sleep Simulator"....
Key word is simulator.

I don't think "simulator" is a key word here. All the things you say he can do to fill the 10 months can easily be done in a day or 2.
He wants an option to set growth to the same speed it's been for every other version of the game. I think when Giants said you could disable seasons, people thought that meant the game would play as it always has. That's what I thought when I heard it.
That's your opinion. I disagree.
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

MagicBoy wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:27 pm
CoreyTr wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:50 am

Key word is simulator.

That's your opinion. I disagree.
I commend you for acknowledging my opinion, whether you agree or disagree.
This forum may be moving in the right direction with regards to respecting others opinions. *thumbsup* *thumbsup*
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

There’s not exactly a lot going on with farming certain times of the year if you don’t have Livestock. The dead times are filled with maintenance and equipment prep which are things that for the most part probably never be represented in farm sim due to being pretty complicated. Most farmers would likely tell you they would have quite a bit of free time without maintenance. I think giants messed up adding season cycles and they should have been more complicated and the base game should have been left alone as an option. Seems like they landed somewhere in the middle of two large groups.
Last edited by Mwal on Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SimulatedFarmer

But (some un-sim farmer weigh in here, please) don’t some crops take an entire year, or almost? Animal feed goes bad or gets moldy left in the trough, or animals get sick eating too much at once. Put less feed in and deliver it daily like in reality. There’s a TON of cleanup, which we don’t do anymore. Part of the problem is we don’t want to do the “grunt work,” but seed, fertilize, harvest and MAKE FAST MONEY. Don’t get angry…I do it, too. I do miss crop rotation and things like that. I, also, notice that crop growth times are NOTHING like they are here in Florida, USA. Stuff grows FAST here and we can get 3 hay crops, sometimes. Also, tomatoes and strawberries grow in Jan., Feb., and April here ( not to mention citrus, which is currently not available). So, what’s my point . There’s no way to satisfy us all. I’d LOVE someone to do a Florida map with Florida weather and crops, but I’m not holding my breath. So, I hit the sleep key a lot. I turn up the speed a little. I buy as much land as I can. I’ve, even, started to log and it’s taken me from 2015 to do it BADLY.

In my opinion, simulation doesn’t mean absolutely realistic. If it does, we are doomed from the start. To make this REAL for us all would require a supercomputer, I think (no, I do NOT know that for a fact).

OK. I’ll shut up. I’m going to farm rather than debate. All is well.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

SimulatedFarmer wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:45 pm But (some un-sim farmer weigh in here, please) don’t some crops take an entire year, or almost? Animal feed goes bad or gets moldy left in the trough, or animals get sick eating too much at once. Put less feed in and deliver it daily like in reality. There’s a TON of cleanup, which we don’t do anymore. Part of the problem is we don’t want to do the “grunt work,” but seed, fertilize, harvest and MAKE FAST MONEY. Don’t get angry…I do it, too. I do miss crop rotation and things like that. I, also, notice that crop growth times are NOTHING like they are here in Florida, USA. Stuff grows FAST here and we can get 3 hay crops, sometimes. Also, tomatoes and strawberries grow in Jan., Feb., and April here ( not to mention citrus, which is currently not available). So, what’s my point . There’s no way to satisfy us all. I’d LOVE someone to do a Florida map with Florida weather and crops, but I’m not holding my breath. So, I hit the sleep key a lot. I turn up the speed a little. I buy as much land as I can. I’ve, even, started to log and it’s taken me from 2015 to do it BADLY.

In my opinion, simulation doesn’t mean absolutely realistic. If it does, we are doomed from the start. To make this REAL for us all would require a supercomputer, I think (no, I do NOT know that for a fact).

OK. I’ll shut up. I’m going to farm rather than debate. All is well.
You are correct animals could also use serious love to bring in more busy work and to be more true to real life. Things like grinding feed or cleaning pens would add a lot to the game, I agree, and they are less complicated to understand for the average player