Unable to get a nitrogen reading

manofmann

Unable to get a nitrogen reading

Post by manofmann »

I am having problems with nitrogen readings.
When I started my farm, I used a combined seeder and fertilizer. Now I am unable to get a PF nitrogen reading for those fields.
Has anyone else had this problem, and can anyone suggest a solution please?
Thanks
deerefarm

Re: Unable to get a nitrogen reading

Post by deerefarm »

First I'm assuming you took the soil samples needed, I know silly question but I had to ask.
Secondly a lot of time with PF the nitrogen reading doesn't show up until the crop is harvested.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
manofmann

Post by manofmann »

THanks Deerefarm
Yes - I took the samples - and just in case I had messed up I took them again
I have now had 2 crops off the fields and they still refuse to show a nitrogen reading.
I am wondering if I have to destrroy them and re-plough them? (NOT what I want to do!)
raran

Post by raran »

manofmann wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:18 am THanks Deerefarm
Yes - I took the samples - and just in case I had messed up I took them again
I have now had 2 crops off the fields and they still refuse to show a nitrogen reading.
I am wondering if I have to destrroy them and re-plough them? (NOT what I want to do!)
Are you using the crop-sensor?
dc71295

Post by dc71295 »

Did you happen to sell any fields? There is a bug with PF after the update that seems to mess up nitrogen readings if you sell land, especially on old save games.
mark68

Post by mark68 »

i reset all my fields and started over, i went to harvest and all my nitrogen disappeared except for the bean fields where it actually went from red to yellow, giant needs to fix their fix,, i dont think selling land has anything to do with the bug in pf , i havent bought or sold land in two seasons and my nitrogen keeps disappearing
manofmann

Post by manofmann »

Thanks everyone for your helpful suggestions
raran - yes I am using the crop sensor. The crops are canola, barley and sorghum (and grass)
dc71295 - no I haven't sold the fields. I am playing on Western Wilds so I am only expanding, but should the map make a difference?
mark68 - how did you reset your fields?

The reason I think it is related to the use of the combined seeder/fertilizer is that I have extended one of the fields then used a cultivator, and the extension has readings which the original part of the field does not.
mark68

Post by mark68 »

when you start your game uncheck precision farming, then save your game and quit, restart your game and recheck precision farming
raran

Post by raran »

mark68 wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:26 am when you start your game uncheck precision farming, then save your game and quit, restart your game and recheck precision farming
Do note you will have to resample all your fields and any equipment related to the PF mod is removed without reimbursement.
manofmann

Post by manofmann »

Thank you mark68. I have done as you suggested, and when I restarted with PF re-enabled the fields all had nitrogen readings.
Thank you everyone for your help
mark68

Post by mark68 »

your welcome
mark68

Post by mark68 »

raran wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:30 am
mark68 wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:26 am when you start your game uncheck precision farming, then save your game and quit, restart your game and recheck precision farming
Do note you will have to resample all your fields and any equipment related to the PF mod is removed without reimbursement.
i know it gets expensive so i just go into my save game folder and reimburse myself the cost
raran

Post by raran »

mark68 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:40 pm
raran wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:30 am
i know it gets expensive so i just go into my save game folder and reimburse myself the cost
You might want to check https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2022 then you can do it ingame. If you use Steam then it's best to remap the key for the hud to F11 instead of F12. *thumbsup*
Tut

Post by Tut »

I just got this too. It happened after a field had samples taken for the 2nd time (it worked fine up until then). No fertilizer applied when planting canola, so the yield *censored*, and this is what the nitrogen looked like after harvesting that *censored* canola. Weird how it only shows post-harvest nitrogen levels in random areas. It's the upper-right hunk of field 1. The lower-left hunk is also part of field 1, but it was fine after the 2nd sampling and planting. This bug killed my Environmental Score!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/urqhz5whtzjj0 ... .jpeg?dl=0
Vanquis081

Post by Vanquis081 »

There really is a problem (at least) in Precision Farming... Clearly the automatic application does not work as it applies the maximum nitrogen when this value is not optimal.

Vanquish81
PC: - i7 9700k / RTX 2070 Super / G.Skill 32 Gb ram / MSI Z390-A PRO - :PC