Engine sounds?

JD410

Re: Engine sounds?

Post by JD410 »

Eh, I’ve not noticed that. I only have 2 tractors though, the JD 8R and a Kubota M8 201, both of which have very different engine sounds. My other vehicles seem to all have unique sounds as well.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

Maybe you aren't using the right sound system? I use Sony MDR bluetooth, HK Kraken BT, and for actual speakers I use a 1000W logitech 5.1 and by and large, I find the sound to be nice. Get some good sound and put BB 750 under a load... the growl.. probs wouldn't have noticed on some sub par sound bar or tv speakers
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

I'm in the "sounds are good" group, and I'm the guy who listens to old race cars, warbirds, and steam locomotives on YouTube with the volume cranked. The basegame Massey 8s sounds amazing, and 82's Phoenix and Superliner sounds are brutal. I think the sounds are very distinct, and I have an 8s, a 1050, an 1167, and an 8RX to compare. I'll tell you which is which, blindfolded.
Old fat guy with a day job...
Farmeros Argentinos

Post by Farmeros Argentinos »

I totally agree... several tractors sound the same, even from different brands... they record 3 or 4 engines and put the same sound on several😑. Console 🙋🏻‍♂️
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:24 pm Maybe you aren't using the right sound system? I use Sony MDR bluetooth, HK Kraken BT, and for actual speakers I use a 1000W logitech 5.1 and by and large, I find the sound to be nice. Get some good sound and put BB 750 under a load... the growl.. probs wouldn't have noticed on some sub par sound bar or tv speakers
Yes, there’s some different sounds with headsets. Normally I go without or just Bose earbuds. I put on my headset and found sounds I missed. The NH T7 was definitely brawnier. The John Deere was nearly the same. Fendt 1050 (it was in used vehicles so I had to get it) was better but lacked the ferocious sound of the Agripower Silage compactor, which is wicked without headset. The most impressive change was Krone BiG M 450. This is excellent as I’m on Erlengrat and have many meadows to mow.
TCon215

Post by TCon215 »

Krone big m shouldnt sound like a standard mower. They usually have a distinct noise when mowing
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

I live in an apartment so I don’t have the privilege to crank my sounds. The deeper bass sounds aren’t noticed without a proper headset.
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

Farmeros Argentinos wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:56 am I totally agree... several tractors sound the same, even from different brands... they record 3 or 4 engines and put the same sound on several😑. Console 🙋🏻‍♂️
Definitely. I found the Claas Axion 930 and the Fendt 1050 to sound the same. And two different class of John Deeres were the same. Not as much of a problem as two different manufacturers, though. This isn’t new of course, the T6 and Case Puma from FS17 were identical, but those were under the same ownership umbrella. I expect overlap in that scenario. Then again, none of the AGCO tractors sounded alike in FS17.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Curious what brands and models sound the same as some of them might use the same engine even if they’re branded differently, especially small tractors.
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

Mwal wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:10 pm Curious what brands and models sound the same as some of them might use the same engine even if they’re branded differently, especially small tractors.
That’s a good point. I know Fendt uses an MAN engine. Deeres use Cummins, if I recall correctly. Time for some Googling.
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

I use a headset most of the time. Logitech G432 is not too pricey and has great bass response, for a headset. I used a $19 China, Inc. headset for years, and it was surprisingly decent, too. And, for the "they all sound the same" crew, remember we're dealing mostly with large displacement, low RPM, straight 6, turbocharged diesels. There isn't going to be a lot of variation in tone, and remember also the current gen stuff is engineered to be quiet.
Old fat guy with a day job...
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

Most tractors in game do not sound like the real ones, good headset or speakers can't change this. For example missing cvt noise, no tyre sound. New tractors do sound like vacuumcleaners, in game this sound is missing. So I do not know what sound they recorded.

Sounds in FS17 where better, altrough not always realistic.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

Its funny cause I have been around heavy equipment my ENTIRE life.. Started doing ride alongs as a very young child and eventually became an operator. Mostly big rigs but I have been around all manor of equipment and got to drive and/or operate a big variety. Most newer stuff actually doesn't sound the way most of you want. From in the machines, you can often not hear much over blowers, compressors and the like. The only time you will hear the straight up engine on a newer rig without modified exhaust is when its idling. While I cant speak for the MANY engines that would be present in the game as I don't know nor do I care what each one sounds like but by and large, most of the sounds are fairly spot on minus all the little background noises. I do agree tho that there are a few things really lacking in the sound dept.. mostly the tire noise... Most tires are NOISY on pavement, certainly anything with any profile.. period!
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
TCon215

Post by TCon215 »

wheelmansteve wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:25 pm I use a headset most of the time. Logitech G432 is not too pricey and has great bass response, for a headset. I used a $19 China, Inc. headset for years, and it was surprisingly decent, too. And, for the "they all sound the same" crew, remember we're dealing mostly with large displacement, low RPM, straight 6, turbocharged diesels. There isn't going to be a lot of variation in tone, and remember also the current gen stuff is engineered to be quiet.
As its engineered to be quiet then it shouldnt sound like a classic tractor that goes brr pow with blake smoke but thats not the case in fs
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

LittleWatt wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:17 pm
Mwal wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:10 pm Curious what brands and models sound the same as some of them might use the same engine even if they’re branded differently, especially small tractors.
That’s a good point. I know Fendt uses an MAN engine. Deeres use Cummins, if I recall correctly. Time for some Googling.

Only for the top 2 ratings In the 9R,9RX,9RT series. Rest are JD engines unless it's 100hp or less
XBOX/ FS22