Griffin Indiana 22 Support Thread

ajFarmer

Re: Griffin Indiana 22 Support Thread

Post by ajFarmer »

I figure Giants May have removed contracts from the Elmcreek train due to instant sell causing you to loose the excess. My personal opinion is it does not bother me because its to easy to make money anyway that’s why I use Real Life Numbers Mod.In real life if you were a contractor you get payed for acre/Ha worked. I think if you took a cut of the harvest for your own you might end up in a ditch somewhere :lol:

I will defiantly look into the bale shredder trigger method, although it might not be realistic dumping into GW Elevator it would solve the issue with Better Contracts Mod that a lot of pc players use.Including myself. I mainly use it for amount needed to fill contract part of it. It is handy for fixing the contracts disappearing as soon as you open menu as well. I will try to reach out to the Author of Better Contracts Mod as well.
jlettiere7

Post by jlettiere7 »

@ ajfarmer Is there a way to remove buildings on the map that are not production ones? This would also include the little trail signs?
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

Train Bale Contract Bug- I have posted a Issue on Mmtrx Github for Better Contracts, I will keep you posted

@jlettiere7- There is a fair amount on the Auxiliary farms but other buildings no, All in a effort to reduce slot counts.
Unless your on PC there are few ways to do it.
Dan279

Post by Dan279 »

@AJ

There seems to be something invisible here, maybe Bigfoot with and invisibility cloak? 🤣

Here's the coordinates

1358, 593
Just another guy playing farm sim, at least until I'm allowed to go back to work.

Playing on Xbox Series x : Griffin Indiana 22
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

Hello, thank you for the great map!
I'm having a lot of fun, starting out a small dairy operation on the starter farm.

I've also took some contracts to help with the expenses, so I've made use of the train which is great and much closer to real life length!
An addition I would like to see is more cameras on the train wagons. I had to zoom out a lot and rely on the refill prompt to load the train.

Thanks again!
LoneWolf5841

Post by LoneWolf5841 »

ajFarmer wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:02 pm However in Elmcreek and Frankenmuth sellingStationTrain.xml the lines are set to allowMissions="false" were mine is allowMissions="true"
So is there no contracts to "Goldcrest Valley" via train on either map?
I felt like in FS22 early days contracts for "Goldcrest Valley" were available on Elmcreek.
There definitely was contracts on Elmcreek that used the train, I remember clearly doing them but having issues with not getting enough from the harvest to complete them.

You can see some contracts that uses the train here on MrSealyp's first video on Elmcreek around the 10 minute mark.

https://youtu.be/h-BA8dqAbsk

It has been a while since I last played on Elmcreek and I didn't realize that contracts was disabled for the trains in a patch, I'm curious on why they was disabled? :hmm:
Playing FS22 on PS4.

Thanks to all the modders for the wonderful mods they bring to consoles :hi:
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

@LoneWolf5841- I believe the issue with not having enough to finish contracts, and not getting the extra may have caused them to can it.
Hopefully by me lowering the Purchasable crops and train rental fee it wont be that bad if your a little short.
I also think the reason it was always higher prices for train was to offset the extra you did not get to profit from as well.

I have had one person comment on a Youtube video about a bailing contract would not finish via train that was on console, so no Better Contracts Mod. I am hoping they read the contract wrong. If not then that would be another reason they canned them on Elmcreek.
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

@Dan279- That is a seasons visual change object, I probably should have put a fence around the area :lol:
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

Dan279 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:25 am @AJ

There seems to be something invisible here, maybe Bigfoot with and invisibility cloak? 🤣

Here's the coordinates

1358, 593
I saw it on farmer klein's video as well.
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Alma, Missouri: 140 Hours
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
LoneWolf5841

Post by LoneWolf5841 »

@ajFarmer I've just skipped a whole bunch of days to cycle the contracts a few times just to see if any bailing contracts was asking to be delivered via train and so far I haven't had any pop up, most are wanting me to deliver them to Larsons Livestock and a few to the biogas plant. I did get a cotton contract that's asking to be delivered via train and since that is sold as bales I'd assume it might have an issue if regular bales are.

Though If I look under the prices menu I don't even see the train sell point listed for grass, hay or silage so I don't see how it could even ask for bales to be delivered there since it's technically not a valid sell point for those products, cotton is listed so it makes sense that contracts can request cotton to be sold there, however I'm not a modder myself so I'm unsure if it's as simple as "if sell point accepts product=contracts can request product to be delivered there"

As for the person on console that had bailing contracts going to the train, I'm unsure on how they got them to appear as I couldn't (I'd have to assume a mod is causing it or maybe I just didn't cycle for long enough? If I see one appear I'll be sure to report it though) though my guess on the reason they had issues with it is because it's technically not a valid sell point.
Playing FS22 on PS4.

Gerry Mac24

Post by Gerry Mac24 »

ajFarmer wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:54 am @All- There have been couple reports of bale contracts going to Mt Vernon, Ill. This should not be happening, and I don't believe its on my end. Train does not accept bales of any kind nor does it except silage. It could be a vanilla Mission.lua bug or mod conflict. However was that ever a issue on Elmcreek? If you have had that happen on any map with a train will you please post or PM me what contract mods you have running if any. I am trying to build up some type of base line to find out what's going on. Contract mods would be a good start.

Thanks!

EDIT: Also let me know if your on Console or PC, I have had one report as using Better Contracts Mod which is a script PC mod.
I have two contracts for hay bales to be delivered to Mt Vernon, one for Field 33 and one for Field 37. Like a fool, I forgot about the train issue and accepted the contract on Field 33 (hiring equipment). After a few hours doing the harvest I managed to load some bales on the train (on one of the flatbed cars) and the bales registered on the train but when sending some of the bales to Mt Vernon, obviously this did not do anything. I quit and restarted the game and decided I would try my luck and moved the 80+ hay bales of the field and cancel the contract. I got a failed contract, "nil" charge and was left with 80+ hay bales for my efforts so not a bad days work. I'm seriously considering doing the contract on Field 37 now to see if lady luck will shine again!!
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

@LoneWolf5841- If you read back into the thread few pages you will see I have detailed post confirming that its Better Contracts.
Don't take any bale contracts for Mt Vernon including cotton as its not supposed to be listed either. If you would just to double confirm, Remove Better Contracts and see if you still have cotton in price list for Mt Vernon and Bale contracts for Mt Vernon.

I have not experienced the bug and I use Better Contracts but I never Clear/Refresh them. I just use it to know how much to deliver.

Edit: You should not be even be getting cotton contracts because the spinnery which is the only place to sell cotton does not allow missions.
That will change to allow missions: true on next update though
Last edited by ajFarmer on Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

I have had one more Console player say the had a contract for Cotton for Mt Vernon, it is beginning to look like more more its a Giants mission lua bug Regarding train contracts. Better Contracts I believe now might just expose it more.

PLEASE if your a console player and you have had Contracts for bales including Cotton to Mt.Vernon via Train please post on this thread. make sure to include your game system type. :this:

To file a bug report I probably need more then two occurrences If they are valid
Honkyfarmer_v1010

Post by Honkyfarmer_v1010 »

@aj

I dont know how you did it but your helper driving is bananas. I only took a look around and told you about the farm road pole collision and held off due to time and waiting on update since you were pushing that thru. I spent a few hours just watching the helpers drive to and from store. They fly down the back street lol. Only issues isnif an npc car stops in an awkward spot but that's no surprise and it's very sporadic. Still wondering what happens if my helper doesnt stop for a train lol. Also the color change, please dont change .....looks perfect. Color combos for vehicles arent messed up like I've seen elsewhere with wheel metal colors etc. Thanks for your work on this map!
FTF
LoneWolf5841

Post by LoneWolf5841 »

@ajFarmer I'm on console myself (PS4) so don't have that mod, I'll be trying that cotton contract simply because I'm curious if it'll work as I have another mod called Open Air Garden which has a hidden feature that allows cotton to be stored as bulk in a silo and gives the cotton fill type to trailers, unsure if it gives it to trains but I'm going to try it and see. I'd imagine if I can send the cotton as bulk it should work like any other crop.

Edit: hmm now that I'm thinking about it I wonder if the Open Air Garden mod is why the train sell point is listing cotton and is giving me contracts for cotton to be delivered by train? Might give a test by disabling that mod real quick and see if the listing goes away I'll report back and add a 2nd edit to this reply if it's the case.

Edit 2: yep deactivated the open Air Garden mod and cotton was no longer listed for the train sell point.

(Extra edits was for spelling corrections)
Last edited by LoneWolf5841 on Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:47 am, edited 5 times in total.
Playing FS22 on PS4.