Griffin Indiana 22 Support Thread

george.earlslight

Re: Griffin Indiana 22 Support Thread

Post by george.earlslight »

sidekikd34 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:35 pm I like the map overall, just some thoughts on the train in particular.
-15 minutes is really long to wait for it to arrive when I rent it
-It rolls slowly across the map when parked, blocking all roads to the loading area
-It's so long, it blocks the only access to load it. Visually it's cool to see a long train rolling along, but it is a pain to use from the entire north side of the map. Couldn't you just double the car sizes and use a shorter, more easily managed train?
-I might be dreaming here, but if the train is so long, is it possible to add another camera position so we can see the loading area?

I've done some modding and map making, I know how much work you must have done to get it working this well.
Some points to help out, as the trains work fine for me, considering the upcoming changes

- 15 minutes wait
Maybe try to do something else while waiting, like do a contract or plan ahead while you're already doing something.

- Blocking the crossings
You can fully unload your field harvest in the train station silo and then use the train. No need to call it multiple times.

- There's a post from AJ detailing the upcoming changes, he rearranged the cars so it's easier to unload by checking the "Refill" prompt on the top right info menu.
sidekikd34

Post by sidekikd34 »

george.earlslight wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:12 pm
- 15 minutes wait
Maybe try to do something else while waiting, like do a contract or plan ahead while you're already doing something.

- Blocking the crossings
You can fully unload your field harvest in the train station silo and then use the train. No need to call it multiple times.

- There's a post from AJ detailing the upcoming changes, he rearranged the cars so it's easier to unload by checking the "Refill" prompt on the top right info menu.
You don't see the catch-22 there? If I call the train earlier, "plan ahead", it blocks the crossing. If it isn't blocking the crossing, so I can unload my harvest, I have to wait 15 minutes.

The updated grain elevator storage will help with this in a way, though it doesn't change the train at all.

I didn't have any issue with the order of the cars, I can use the F1 window, I just prefer to visually line up the train. This is somewhat of an issue on all maps because of the train camera position. Even 6 cars are pretty distant.
coleislazy

Post by coleislazy »

calling the train shouldn't block the crossing, but pulling it up to the elevator will. so i just call it when i know i will need it shortly and let it sit at the depot next to the bga, then pull it up when i'm ready to unload.
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

@sidekikd34- The train does not block the crossing if it stops were its supposed to. If it is rolling forward enter the train and exit it and it will stop well ahead of the crossing. Also it does not take 15minutes every time. It depends on were its at on the loop. You can easily teleport to call box and check its distance away by renting then returning. Then rent it when its closer if the rolling is a issue for you. It does not always roll its hit or miss, and there's is nothing I can do about it. The GW elevator holds 10million liters now more then enough to to do all your harvest work and load it up then call the train. There will be no more changes to the train in any future update because it now works perfectly fine. The rental fee is only $100 hour so you can call it way early if you like, enter and exit it and it will not roll. I hope this helps for you.

Edit: I have no plans to add cameras because t relies on base game i3D's . I do not want to add to slot count by altering them in any way. With the new configuration of the cars in 1.2.0.0 additional cameras are no longer necessary
Last edited by ajFarmer on Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

@World Hunter- I made a few slight changes to vehicle spawn location and fence at dealer to hopefully give you more space behind the vehicles
@EJ_Modding- Console players are limited to 7500 trees on any map, The map currently has 10250. If you read back into the thread there is detailed discussions about the trees.
Enitan

Post by Enitan »

ajFarmer wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:38 pm @World Hunter- I made a few slight changes to vehicle spawn location and fence at dealer to hopefully give you more space behind the vehicles
@EJ_Modding- Console players are limited to 7500 trees on any map, The map currently has 10250. If you read back into the thread there is detailed discussions about the trees.

Just quoting this to “tag” you

Playing on Xbox series x latest map version I’ve noticed there’s a few spots coming out of the vehicle lot where tow behind trailers will get stuck half underground (they can be reset and eventually wiggles out) seems to be located on the path coming next to the grain mill as you’re exiting to the main road.

The main road going north and south in the respective right side lane (ie driving on the right) in front of about 3 houses as you’re headed north there’s spots where you’ll slam into something invisible there but when the wreckage stops you can continue. There’s a few coming down southbound as well. — you don’t get caught on these when you’re walking and only seem to get caught if you’re going faster than 10mph. Under 10 it doesn’t seem to catch ya - it’s just a hair on the road side of the curbs.

I can see if I can get exact locations for ya if you want.
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

BTW, removing the Auger with Lime mod immediately fixed my price lists - I don't anymore see silage or hay being sold at the train station, hence no bailing contracts now to the train station. Definitely fixed the problem. That mod also might have been screwing with all crop prices as well, it seemed like all crops were a month ahead in the pricing schedule. Corn and other typical January Crops all had their high price in December...My Sunflowers hit high price in the morning of Feb 1. Sometimes it seems that pricings are whacky the first year, but I'm on my 2nd-3rd year.
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

This is very disappointing bc lime to augerwagon is a very crucial mod lol
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

@Enitan- No worries about quoting me, some times its necessary. I will look in those issues for sure. Especially the trailer getting stuck, I can see that being a pain. The side walk could be the ghost of big foot roaming the streets in search of the coins everyone picked up. :lol:
If you would post a screen shot of the trailer sticking if you can. That may help with a fix if there is one. Unfortunately it wont be in 1.2.0.0. You can use this link to upload pics https://image.giants-software.com/

@World Hunter and dan1109- Thanks for posting about the Augerwagon With Lime mod and confirming it . I will test on my Testing save with the new changes for 1.2.0.0 and hopefully they will fix that.

@Honkyfarmer_v1010- Thanks for the Thanks :hi:

@ALL does the Augerwagon With Lime mod mess with any other maps?
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

TO ALL- Great News.....
After looking at the xmls of Auger with Lime Mod and my sellingStationtrain.xml it should be fixed on the New Update 1.2.0.0 Again Thanks to sashaman for the suggestion. Look At the Codes below and you will see how it is now fixed in GRIN22 1.2. As you can clearly see Auger With Lime was adding those to the train by overwriting fillTypeCategory name="TRAINWAGON" and in inadvertently messing with contracts. Now my sellingStationTrain.xml no longer uses filltypeCategory there is nothing to overwrite. I would consider the bug squashed in the 1.2.0.0 update. I will try to reach out to TF 2020 MODS author of Auger With Lime to let them know. It can however be rectified on any map with trains and active contracts for them.

EDIT: Can someone please reach out to TF 2020 MODS through Facebook and kindly direct them to my post so he or she is aware of a potential
bug. I don't have Facebook, Thanks

Auger With Lime

Code: Select all

<fillTypeCategories>
        <fillTypeCategory name="AUGERWAGON" >LIME PIGFOOD</fillTypeCategory>
        <fillTypeCategory name="TRAINWAGON" >WHEAT BARLEY OAT CANOLA SUNFLOWER SOYBEAN MAIZE POTATO SUGARBEET SUGARBEET_CUT MANURE SEEDS FORAGE FORAGE_MIXING CHAFF WOODCHIPS SILAGE STRAW GRASS_WINDROW DRYGRASS_WINDROW SUGARCANE FERTILIZER PIGFOOD LIME SNOW ROADSALT SORGHUM OLIVE STONE MINERAL_FEED</fillTypeCategory>
    </fillTypeCategories>
GRIN22 1.0 and 1.1 sellingStationTrain.xml same as vanilla Elmcreek

<sellingStation fillTypeCategories="TRAINWAGON" supportsExtension="false" litersForFullPriceDrop="400000" fullPriceRecoverHours="48" allowMissions="true">
GRIN22 1.2 sellingStationTrain.xml Fixed

<sellingStation fillTypes="WHEAT BARLEY OAT CANOLA SORGHUM GRAPE OLIVE SUNFLOWER SOYBEAN MAIZE POTATO SUGARBEET WOODCHIPS SUGARCANE SEEDS" supportsExtension="false" litersForFullPriceDrop="400000" fullPriceRecoverHours="48" allowMissions="true">
Last edited by ajFarmer on Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

ajFarmer wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:27 pm
@ALL does the Augerwagon With Lime mod mess with any other maps?
Before this, I was playing Calmsden....no train.
DanL58

Post by DanL58 »

To all regarding calling the train. If you use the mod Train Stop you can call the train whenever you want and when it arrives move it out of the way until needed and hit the return train button. You will not be charged again. You can still get in and work the train until you send it off map or you close and restart your game. Then you will have to hire it again, but it will already be there waiting.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

@AJFarmer

1. Is there a way to make "City of New Orleans" by Willie Nelson play when you drive the train?

2. Did you make the lighting, darker for the last update? I like the lighting a little better than when I first started and I wasn't sure if it was because I'm later in the year. Also, my first question was a joke but not really.
Last edited by chedly_farms on Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

DanL58 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:26 pm To all regarding calling the train. If you use the mod Train Stop you can call the train whenever you want and when it arrives move it out of the way until needed and hit the return train button. You will not be charged again. You can still get in and work the train until you send it off map or you close and restart your game. Then you will have to hire it again, but it will already be there waiting.
Thanks for the tip - I find that the train on this map does take quite a while to show up. A small pain for people running multiple train contracts, trying to repeatedly send the train to send the least amount of crops...or during winter and selling lots of different crops and the train (for now until 1.2) is the only place to sell. I might use this in the future.

@AJ, was it your intention for the train to be so far away and take so long to appear? I can go either way on this, a short or long wait time both have merits (easier vs more realistic). Just curious.
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:45 pm
1. Is there a way to make "City of New Orleans" by Willie Nelson play when you drive the train?
Well, if music can be played, I'd prefer Aerosmith's Train Kept a Rollin''