Griffin Indiana 22 Support Thread

ajFarmer

Re: Griffin Indiana 22 Support Thread

Post by ajFarmer »

@chedly_farms- I would love to add music to the train that would be awesome, but unfortunately copyrights would be a huge problem for me
Yes I did make it a touch darker by decreasing saturation and increasing contrast just a tiny bit though, Its really easy to mess up shadows with color adjustments and I still wanted it to look sunny when it was sunny

@dan1109-The train is on a giant loop or spline that goes way out past the map and back again. The loop is around 16k long and continuously drives around it until you call it.This is the only way to make it not drive through the map play area every minute which would really break immersion. Every 15 minutes is almost not enough in my opinion. GRIN19 was around 25min I believe. If you remember on GRIN19 when people would tab to it you would be floating in space "The Trippy Train" that's why. In FS22 Giants added a simple solution by kicking you from the train and you can no longer tab to it. Probably after they looked at GRIN19 for Elmcreek :lol:
So the train does not always take 15 minutes it depends on were its at on the Loop. If its only 1k away its going to take less then a minute. Regarding " Train Kept a Rollin" I like the Yard Birds version my self. Choo...Choo......
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

@AJFarming, I was just joking as I know the copyright is certainly an issue.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
sidekikd34

Post by sidekikd34 »

ajFarmer wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:31 pm @sidekikd34- The train does not block the crossing if it stops were its supposed to. If it is rolling forward enter the train and exit it and it will stop well ahead of the crossing. Also it does not take 15minutes every time. It depends on were its at on the loop. You can easily teleport to call box and check its distance away by renting then returning. Then rent it when its closer if the rolling is a issue for you. It does not always roll its hit or miss, and there's is nothing I can do about it. The GW elevator holds 10million liters now more then enough to to do all your harvest work and load it up then call the train. There will be no more changes to the train in any future update because it now works perfectly fine. The rental fee is only $100 hour so you can call it way early if you like, enter and exit it and it will not roll. I hope this helps for you.

Edit: I have no plans to add cameras because t relies on base game i3D's . I do not want to add to slot count by altering them in any way. With the new configuration of the cars in 1.2.0.0 additional cameras are no longer necessary
I'm not surprised it sometimes rolls and sometimes not. The game can be quirky like that. I think the updated grain elevator capacity will be a big help because the whole harvest can be stored, even beets and potatoes. Thanks for the updates, and the reply!
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I am curious, What are everyone's long term goals for this map.

For example, starting a huge feed lot or working up to buy all brand new shiny machines? I kind of want to start mutliple farms across the map. I want to do grapes for sure somewhere. I also want to devote one of my farms to cotton farming. I think because of the slot count, it's possible to do things that I was not capable of doing on 19.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

@chedley_Farms- My goal is to finish the Map :mrgreen:
In my Hard, Start From Scratch, with zero dollars and PF DLC "ZeroDolla Farm" I plan to slowly work up to buy the French House on the Hill and start a complete self-sufficient farm that relies solely on the land. Fertilizer from animals for my crops, Wind/Solar Generators and tiny Bga for electricity for my off grid house and Electric tractor that I will use on the farm, Produce methane for my Methane tractor that I pull a mechanical weeder with. Produce my own seeds the whole enchilada if you get were I'm going with this. I want a large vineyard operation along with a onsite "Winery" to make that "grape juice". One day save up enough to buy the baseball stadium so I can have the parking spot by the entrance for my restored Black Cadillac that puffs out Co2 gas :lol:. Along the way to the Ultra tree hunger farm I will use conventional farming and may purchase the starter farm then sell everything off when I'm ready for the big change.

Edit: I Use all hard settings except for stones because its not a issue in the area in real life, Also because I don't like them.
I also have house rules for loans I can only borrow 10k a year and has to be paid off in a year with a 1k loan fee plus normal interest and can only use my own equipment for contracts. 3days/3x speed
Honkyfarmer_v1010

Post by Honkyfarmer_v1010 »

@Chedly

I'm gonna rearrange the main farm keeping the old barn and silo and move the house. Then it will be me having a loan as I purchased a defunct farm and need to start fresh. Buying what I need when I need and being frugal to not go deep on debt. End goal is turning old farm into a medium dairyand beef operation while doing custom harvesting until I can afford one or 2 of the larger plains fields. Set up a milennial farms newer farm buildings for large equipment grain farming. I'm thinking medium settings otherwise this will take me forever to get big with my limited playing time.

I have yet to see or hear rumors of another map being worked on with this much diversity and detail based on a realistic location so I think I'm good

Edit: oh and logging. Another plus for this map, I wanna deep dive into logging during winter. Never did a lot of logging but have always been tempted. The DLC with the zipline rig may be the only DLC that I purchase but it's very tempting if it works how it should
FTF
Dan279

Post by Dan279 »

@Chedly_Farms

I've just finished my first year, 3 days/3x, hard mode, start from scratch. I've just finished paying off the loan, bought myself the two plots between the animal dealer and the train silo, the old barn plot south of it and the other little plot just below that one as well.

My main goal, setup a little ranch. Shame there is still no big pastures for cattle. Only one I've seen is by Elk Mountain modding but it's a pc only mod.

If your still on xbox, maybe we could hook up someday so I could give you a quick tour. :smileynew:

@AJ

That could be a good quick mod for you. Something with a big nav mesh, so we could see cattle really wandering around the plot.
Just another guy playing farm sim, at least until I'm allowed to go back to work.

Playing on Xbox Series x : Griffin Indiana 22
LoneWolf5841

Post by LoneWolf5841 »

ajFarmer wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:21 pm If you remember on GRIN19 when people would tab to it you would be floating in space "The Trippy Train" that's why. In FS22 Giants added a simple solution by kicking you from the train and you can no longer tab to it. Probably after they looked at GRIN19 for Elmcreek :lol:
Fun fact you can still visit "The Trippy Train" since tension straps actually strap down equipment now all you got to do is park a vehicle on the flat bed section of the train and then strap it down, then return the train and tab to that vehicle.

Will say once you hit the map border the vehicle gets pinned to the invisible wall for a bit and really freaks out but eventually it'll break through and you'll be outside the map. :biggrin2:

I actually do this on every map (it's tradition lol) I like to ride the whole train loop even the part outside the map (though the game really doesn't like to be outside the map if I look in a certain direction the screen will go pitch black with only the UI visible. (Curious on why this occurs actually)

Here's a screenshot when I did this on Griffin Indiana when it released
As for the time for the train to arrive I actually like that about your map, I was playing on a map (not mentioning name as I don't want to call out a map) previously that had the train loop way too quickly (it felt like less than a minute it would arrive) and it kinda irritated me because if I hired workers with the go to task they'd always get hit by the train, I could never time it to prevent it because it was such a short loop. Even I got caught off guard and got hit by the train so many times that now I've gotten into habit of checking the map before crossing the tracks :lol:. (Couldn't rely on the crossing as it engages a bit too late to be a good warning)
Playing FS22 on PS4.

Thanks to all the modders for the wonderful mods they bring to consoles :hi:
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

@Chedly - My goal, like every map, is to buy and farm all the land. Nearly did it on Elm Creek, the Calmsden came out. I've been gone for +4 months from Farm Sim, so I'm coming back in normal difficulty, farm manager - but I have a house rule where I only use my equipment for contracts - the borrowed equipment cost is ridiculously too cheap IMO. But also, I hate doing solo work without Guidance Steering. Mulchin, Rolling, stone picking new farm plots I buy and paying the higher repair cost for running equipment on med/large rocky fields. Year 3 now, year 1 I did contracts exclusively till winter, bought field/farm 23 that winter, and last winter I bought fields 24 and 11. Besides the bailing contracts, have rule where I won't buy grasss land for silage/hay until I as well have the money to buy/support cows using the elk farm pasture mod, and wont expand until I fill it up with cows. I tested out the elk mountain mod on a test save, and it beautifully places the cows correctly on the large hills there....it will look awesome (I feared cows would be floating as I have only seen people place it on flat land). So in essence, I will have my own silage business, but I won't buy more land than I need. The map can fit 6-7 Elk Farm pastures, so it would be awesome to hit 1000 cows. I'll probably hold off buyig the grass land for 2 more winters, I want to get a multitude of crops available, as I am planning for Maize Plus coming soon. Holy #$%@, the realistic ingredients on the trailer today showed +10 different ingredients, which probably includes a few different forage crops as well, so I'll need several plots of land to feed the cows. Edit - oh, and this shall be a Case farm - only buying Case Tractors, and implements if available in the HP range. Except my first tractor, a JD 8R which was on sale for $160k (I was not going to start off plowing with 2.5m plows using the other much much smaller tractors I bought). The green beast will be retired though in a few years (won't sell any, all retired tractors go into a future museum I plan to build).
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

Here's my Starting equipment I used with my 10k loan, I got the Farmall cheep. Man I have long road ahead but I'm loving it.
Honkyfarmer_v1010

Post by Honkyfarmer_v1010 »

@aj

Your screenshot reminds me of Craig Morgans "international Harvester". Smile and wave, and tip your hat, to the man up on the tractor lol

@LoneWolf5841

Have you seen the movie "Event Horizon"? Sometime that TLX is gonna go on a trip and come back possessed lol
FTF
JKeller Farming

Post by JKeller Farming »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:11 pm I am curious, What are everyone's long term goals for this map.

For example, starting a huge feed lot or working up to buy all brand new shiny machines? I kind of want to start mutliple farms across the map. I want to do grapes for sure somewhere. I also want to devote one of my farms to cotton farming. I think because of the slot count, it's possible to do things that I was not capable of doing on 19.
I am recreating the dairy/crop farm I had in Griffin19 on the fields East of town just off the Upper Griffin road curve. Plan is to have a large dairy operation, then we'll see.
Just a desktop farmer living the life in Griffin, IN
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

SAVE SAFE UPDATE 1.2.0.0
Release Date:

Notes: It is now in testing with Giants

Changelog 1.2.0.0:
-Fixed visual pedestrian head visible above ground by Laundromat while walking
-Fixed Larson's Manure Buying station to allow filling of manure spreaders
-Fixed can not sell corner house lot West of baseball field after purchase
-Fixed visual light from lanterns still visible regardless of seasonal changes
-Changed code in sellingStationTrain.xml to alleviate mod conflicts with train contracts
-Changed train cars to ease loading and increased fill capacity to 1.71 million liters
-Changed GW Elevator Storage Silo to 10 Million liters, Storage fee remained unchanged at .005 per 1000 liters
-Changed Fermenting Silo Mod input/output order for better viewing in Production Menu
-Changed foliage and terrain around Farmers Market grate
-Changed wall and utility pole position intersection of Main St. and Larson's Animal Dealer road
-Changed made adjustments to dealership vehicle spawn and fencing to add more space
-Added Potato and Sugar beet to Larson's Livestock Buying Station
-Added Cotton to Farmers Market
-Added Canola, Soybeans, Sunflowers, and Maize to Farmers Market
-Added Contracts to Farmers Market
-Added Contracts to Spinnery
-Removed siren sound from downtown
NOTES:
-SAVE SAFE UPDATE
-Fix for corner lot by baseball field only takes effect on New Save
-Foliage and terrain changes around Farmers Market Grate only take effect on New Save
-Train car changes only take effect on New Save
-WARNING Baling contracts to Mount Vernon,Ill via Train should NOT be generating
-WARNING DO NOT except any bale contracts including cotton to Mount Vernon,Ill via Train
Dan279

Post by Dan279 »

@AJ

Contracts were already enabled on the spinnery, I did one this morning. :hmm:
Just another guy playing farm sim, at least until I'm allowed to go back to work.

Playing on Xbox Series x : Griffin Indiana 22
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

@Dan279- Yes they were by Giants mission.lua as is all productions that can except crops from missions. However I added this Line allowMissions="true" to the spinnery.xml to make sure nothing were to overwrite it.
allowMissions="false" is usually used to override the mission.lua if a map maker choices to do so . So its more of precautionary step against a potential mod conflict. Change logs are usually detailed for the testers to help them know what has been changed. At least that's how I like to write them up.