What is your favorite Farm Sim game?

Luftkopf

Re: What is your favorite Farm Sim game?

Post by Luftkopf »

I started with FS19, and thanks to the pandemic, spent a stupid number of hours playing it. When FS22 dropped, I liked it, but there weren't any maps that *really* caught my attention, like Geiselsberg, MVP 19, or Ravensberg, so I tried going back to 19 while waiting for more maps to drop. I just couldn't do it. 22 has too many small improvement across the board for me to be able to go back. I actually prefer the way seasons are handled in 22, and need far fewer mods to play happily.
FeldwebelNL

Post by FeldwebelNL »

Still playing FS19. Had lot's of fun in FS17, but Seasons is better in FS19. Won't switch to FS22 till it has a decent Seasons and Wopsters Manure System.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

The most unspoilt, innocent fun I've ever had in Farm Sim is Fs13. Playing with only minor knowledge of modding which was used solely for myself, on the excellent Alpental map was a great time.

The only other time is Fs17 and our FD Dedi server, which is still the most advanced and well managed Dedi server I've ever come across thanks to Ian898's superb management and skill.

Playing on an enjoyable map built with multiplayer in mind, hundreds of unique mods done up just for the dedi server and great friends who had a similar playing style was an incredible experience. Managing my own farm alongside the others and seeing each farm grow and expand, as well as the countless co-operative jobs was an incredibly rewarding experience.

The only downside is it has permanently soured and ruined any singleplayer gaming in FS. Having altered FS gameplay so much from GIANTS default towards a much more UK farm based playing style, nothing else seems to come close anymore.

My only hope is to make a new and better map, and hope Fs22 has advanced enough for me and my friends to be able to find that enjoyment again.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

FS17 for me. Thats when I started playing FS so it was a new experience. I was a console only gamer at that point so playing it on the PS4 and scraping every last scrap of enjoyment out of it. I loved it so much I ditched my Apple iMac and invested in a then top spec gaming PC. So I then started playing it on PC and FS17 on PC was a whole new experience, it was just such a different game to the console version back then. I know since then the gap between the two versions has narrowed a lot, particularly with FS22.

I could never get the same level of enjoyment out of FS19. Visually it just never did it for me. FS22 seems like a decent improvement but I just dabble in FS these days. I just can't seem to immerse myself in it like I could with FS17. I play a lot of Flight Simulator 2020 these days and I think Giants could learn a thing or two from it. Its a AAA game/sim of course with a top level production behind it but the attention to detail that goes into the world and making it seem alive I think Giants could learn from. I do find myself playing thinking I wish farm sim could have this feature. If farming simulator could come close to having the dynamic weather effects of flight simulator it was be incredible. Its crazy that the weather in farm sim seems like its from a long past era and treated as a bit of an after thought by Giants.

I'm still more interested to see what the next farm sim in the pipeline is going to be like. Is that coming next year or are Giants going for the three year cycle now?
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Best farming sim game is FS22, add courseplay and autodrive mod and that's all, nothing else needed. Finally a FS game which does have all brands, few bugs and runs well on my PC.
FS19 is also good, if you like mods, there are so much different mods out there for this game, sadly this game without mods is not good. Also it has too many problems: lighting, sounds, bugs and performance problems, it needs more powerful machine than FS22.
FS17 is worth to buy also, if you want simple farming game with few mods, works well on older PC and still looks very good.
If you are more into simulation, then Professional Farmer: Cattle and Crops is good choice, but it is full of bugs and lacks choices and equipment.
Other mentions are Snowrunner, more hauling game, but also has forestry and farming included.
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

Still playing FS17/19 mainly because of South Mountain Creamery, & Lone Oak, theses are my favorite maps, and the seasons Might plan on playing FS22 soon. *thumbsup*
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Alma, Missouri: 140 Hours
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
Griffin

Post by Griffin »

There are many great farm sim games out there, but my personal favorite is Farming Simulator 19. It's the most recent entry in the series and includes a huge variety of crops, animals, and equipment to keep you busy for hours on end.FM Whatsapp