This isn’t farming anymore.

yorkie

Re: This isn’t farming anymore.

Post by yorkie »

pre ordered game as normal , started at the beginning with the first one , wish I hadn't bought season pass or fs 22 , should now be called logging and productions simulator , is going to childish with un realistic mod made and passed where as proper and realistic mods are rejected , will not be buying the next one , have now gone back to fs 19
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

Productions is something that avoid beacuse simply i do not intend to play a pallet simulator that is utterly boring. It can be avoided and if you know little modding you can customize the game to your liking. For me it isnt such a big issue beacuse its optional but i kinda feel that productions dont belong into farm sim.
StoneTheCrows

Post by StoneTheCrows »

Terrier930 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:31 pm ... The cycle with seasons take months for anything to grow aswell ...
Doesn't this make it more of a farming simulator?

But what do I know .... I'm a gamer not a farmer. There is more games content in 22 than previous versions. I appreciate being able to start a new save and role play it in an entirely different way.
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

StoneTheCrows wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:03 am
Terrier930 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:31 pm ... The cycle with seasons take months for anything to grow aswell ...
Doesn't this make it more of a farming simulator?

But what do I know .... I'm a gamer not a farmer. There is more games content in 22 than previous versions. I appreciate being able to start a new save and role play it in an entirely different way.
"There is more games content in 22 than previous versions"
That is the problem, IMO. Rather than improving existing farming mechanics, they keep adding new features, and are straying away from the kind of farming that a lot of players want. And they're not even doing a good job of it.

How many "farmers" lay awake at night wondering if they'll be able to transport enough ore from some mine to build a roller coaster?

A lot of people say "you don't have to do logging or production chains", and they are right. And if you avoid those activity then what was the point of even being a new version of the game. The only new farming content I can think of is stones in fields. No wonder people who want a farming game are disappointed.
Boots

Post by Boots »

Terrier930 - you beat me to it.
I was going to put up a post saying - is this the begining of the End of FARMING Simulator ?

The way the game is going I wont upgrade to the new version.
I would like to have seen more crop types and how to plant, grow and harvest them.

I guess them at Giants dont like their vegetables (ha ha)

Production is OK but it takes away from the farming side which the game is all about.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

I assumed that productions was GIANTS response to "Global Company" just as season cycles is the response to "Seasons 17/19" -- that is, it seemed to be what the punters wanted.

There's a wide spread of opinion about how well these have been implemented, or rather there's a spread of opinion about whether these should have been implemented, remember the outcry that season cycles couldn't be turned off for casual "sow/harvest/sell" players? And yet, seasons cycles falls short of Seasons 19 in so many areas. Productions seems easier to ignore, although I suspect the early bug where some people suffered a crash at the dairy on one map was possibly related.

On the other hand - stones are a bit strange, but it does give some differentiation between types of cultivator. That is, albeit rather small, progress in farming simulation.

Maybe if there were popular mods focussed on improving the farming in the game -- Maize Plus for example, ProSeed, Guidance steering to mention a few -- maybe those would be included too?
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Dan279

Post by Dan279 »

Farm heroes saga is on the play store if you guys don't like the production chains, seasons and all the newish feature's that Giants brought to the table, if it's more like your kinda farming.
Just another guy playing farm sim, at least until I'm allowed to go back to work.

Playing on Xbox Series x : Griffin Indiana 22
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

All these negative comments about OPTIONAL stuff. This is by far the best fs as far as OPTIONAL content....if you don't like logging, don't log...if you don't like productions, don't use them. The game is evolving. If you just want to do a full on soy bean farm....guess what?....you have that OPTION. you wanna small farm? Do it....you wanna big boy farm....do it....stop coming in here complaining about OPTIONS you're not required to do.....now 8m going to take a nap, hug mamma and anything else y'all can say I need to do....but I'm also going to play this game the way I want to and enjoy the mountain of options
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

^^ "The game is evolving"
Imagine if our hands evolved without thumbs, because evolution decided to move on to our feet before finishing our hands. Maybe the evolution of our thumbs could have been a WIP like the in-game AI was supposed to be.

Edit: Thanks to my thumbs, this comment has spaces. *thumbsup*
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Decriptus wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:13 pm All these negative comments about OPTIONAL stuff. This is by far the best fs as far as OPTIONAL content....if you don't like logging, don't log...if you don't like productions, don't use them. The game is evolving. If you just want to do a full on soy bean farm....guess what?....you have that OPTION. you wanna small farm? Do it....you wanna big boy farm....do it....stop coming in here complaining about OPTIONS you're not required to do.....now 8m going to take a nap, hug mamma and anything else y'all can say I need to do....but I'm also going to play this game the way I want to and enjoy the mountain of options
The problem most people have that people who get upset about folks discussing the way the game is going don’t understand is all those options were available in 19 except worse in 22, we got a butchered version of seasons that so far kept the season modders from doing anything with 22, they butchered the standard mode so seasons people and non seasons people are both disappointed, a butchered productions feature that’s not anything as intricate as global company was, and a whole bunch of features that everyone keeps saying are options that have little to nothing to do with the core idea of farming and before you tell me you know a guy who knows a guy I know a guy who has a tank in his shop, should giants add world of tanks in too? I mean the guys a farmer and has a tank🤷‍♂️
Dan279

Post by Dan279 »

As far as I know season's, global company, Maize plus, etc were not base game options on FS19, they were made by third parties.

Giants took some of the base ideas from those and incorporated them into the base game of fs22. They incorporated them because of the popularity of those mods. Whether they botched the job or not, they at least tried to add what the community wanted.
Just another guy playing farm sim, at least until I'm allowed to go back to work.

Honkyfarmer_v1010

Post by Honkyfarmer_v1010 »

I'm glad some of you are OK with drinking Mr. Pibb.
FTF
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

Dan279 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:45 pm As far as I know season's, global company, Maize plus, etc were not base game options on FS19, they were made by third parties.

Giants took some of the base ideas from those and incorporated them into the base game of fs22. They incorporated them because of the popularity of those mods. Whether they botched the job or not, they at least tried to add what the community wanted.
Seasons and seasonal growth are two different things, global economy and maize plus are PC only. I'm speaking of the optional stuff for all platforms. As for seasonal growth (not seasons) I think it brings more realism to the simulator. Does it have it's shortcomings? Yes. But to have crops grow overnight is not very simulatorish. They never said we were getting the same seasons from 19 they've always said "seasonal growth". It's not giants fault people don't know the difference even when they explained it
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I haven't used productions yet. I take that back. The inclusion of being able to make corn and hay silage in upright silos has made a better more realistic farming experience to me, having grown up around that.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Dan279

Post by Dan279 »

Decriptus wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:03 pm
Dan279 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:45 pm As far as I know season's, global company, Maize plus, etc were not base game options on FS19, they were made by third parties.

Seasons and seasonal growth are two different things, global economy and maize plus are PC only. I'm speaking of the optional stuff for all platforms. As for seasonal growth (not seasons) I think it brings more realism to the simulator. Does it have it's shortcomings? Yes. But to have crops grow overnight is not very simulatorish. They never said we were getting the same seasons from 19 they've always said "seasonal growth". It's not giants fault people don't know the difference even when they explained it
My comment wasn't for you, and I agree 100% with what you said, it was against the general hatred that i have seen spewing in this forum for the last few days.

As for the PC only mods, i still believe Giants wanted and tried to integrate some features from the best mods for fs19. Whether it be PC or all platforms, they tried.

My final words in the matter shall be a from a brilliant author.

"Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves!"