Engine Sounds Post Platinum Release

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Faelandaea

Engine Sounds Post Platinum Release

Post by Faelandaea »

As searches reveal nothing on the topic, I can only properly assess that no one else is experiencing any issue with modded engine sounds since the release of the Platinum expansion. Yet I am experiencing such issues, and cannot find anywhere in the code any differences between the engine sounds modders bring into mods and the default engine sounds of the game.

Specifically, my main issue is when I load a vehicle into the game, or load any of my saves, the FIRST time I start a vehicle, the running sound starts immediately and does not wait for the startup sound to complete. Oddly enough, if I wait a few moments, shut the vehicle off, then try to start it again, it starts normally.

One other oddity that I have encountered is the 5M from Farmcon: https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022 On this tractor, when I start the engine, the same as above occurs, with the addition that the idle engine sound is stuck on, even when actively accelerating and driving. The other sounds play fine, but the idle engine sound remains playing, also, ruining an otherwise outstanding engine sound.

As I am the only one who seems to be experiencing this, I thought of mod conflicts, but even trying the mods one at a time still yield this result. So I am wondering if anyone else has any tricks up their sleeve to trying to track and solve this issue? Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you so much.
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
don_apple

Re: Engine Sounds Post Platinum Release

Post by don_apple »

I tried to reproduce your issues with the 5M from https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022 with the latest version of FS22 (1.8.2.0) on a new career without any other mods on Elmcreek and also on a new career with no mods on Silverrun Forest.

In both cases the sounds worked as they should, the engine start sound is playing when the engine is started and then switches to the running sound after a couple of seconds. And there is no stuck idle engine sound.

I would therefore recommend to try to remove all other mods from the mods folder and then just test the 5M on a new career on any of the standard maps.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

Hmmm. Wow, okay. Thanks. I'll start going through mods again. So odd because I have no mods that alter sounds but I must have missed something. I had tried mods one at a time, but to no avail. Hmmm ...
Last edited by Faelandaea on Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

Got it. It was the REA Distant Motor Sound mod. That is what was jacking with all of my vehicles. I remember now that I installed that *censored* about the same time that I got the Platinum DLC, but spaced it, which is why I thought it was the Platinum DLC jacking with my sounds. Once I uninstalled the REA mods (all of them ... just nuked them all) all of my sounds in game returned to working beautifully again.

I am sorry for the confusion I had when originally starting this thread, but I hope this helps in case someone else encounters this.

So to clarify ... if you have ONLY default sounds in game, and you want to use the REA Distant Motor Sound, that is fine. BUT ... if you want to use ANY mods that use custom sounds (most pickup trucks and mod semi trucks as well, mainly, and some tractors with custom sounds) then do NOT use the REA mod as it will make your startup sounds jumbled and the idle sounds will play even while you are actively moving the vehicle. Real game killer on the ears.

I must have missed deactivating this one when I tried to have the 5M by itself for my tests. It took deleting it completely from my mod folder to fix the issue.
Faelandaea Dravin
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Glad you were able to figure out what was causing the issue. and thanks for sharing the mod that was responsible.

Locking this thread since this issue is resolved.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules