Work.

JonOne

Work.

Post by JonOne »

There’s not enough work in this game.
It’s a bit far away from a simulation now.
I’m not enamoured with production chains why do I want a warehouse and haulage operation when I’m meant to be farming hmm?
There’s now literally a third party mod to harvest your crops for you! I know that’s third party but still, the easiest target for giants encouraging this is the cow shed and robot feed mixer.

So firstly, there’s just “cows” in this game. There’s no calves, heifers or dry cows. Sure there’s three age groups but you just leave headroom in your shed and they multiply and as long as you throw them “tmr” (silage straw hay is not TMR) you’re golden. Fire and forget.
But I can get the PF mod and scan fields and get a detailed soil map? What about calories in my feedstock? Don’t I need molasses? Wet grain vs dry grain for protein? “Corn” in FS is fodder, maize, grain corn, BMR its one size fits all? But there’s no benefit versus grass silage? And there’s no such thing as base game alfalfa pr haylage? It’s just backward.

And my other annoyance is there’s no manual work at all. You don’t hitch anything, you don’t lube anything. If it’s “worn” it gets scratched paint not lousy hydros or dodgy connections. I can start a semi at minus 20 on the first turn from a cold storage shed. I’m not asking for ultimate realism or anything but it’s just not an accurate depiction and it’s a bit cynical sure but the intro vt to FS22 is very much removed from the finished article.
Just me or? Are we all happy now we got our gravity wagon(s) and big rollercoaster in the forest map? It’s still got the monopoly on the farming theme but it’s not really delivered for me on the promise of a “simulator” and I’ve been around since FS15.
Jon, 29
Somewhere near the River Parishes.
I enjoy long slow drives in my combine, cold starts and red bird win streaks.
Please don’t feed the trolls.
Noraf

Re: Work.

Post by Noraf »

In short, you're not alone, but most players don't want that, just a few hardcore players.
And Giants would do a massive mistake if they tuned to towards the hardcore players, that would be a short run towards the end of Giants
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

Shouldn't be to difficult to add some of these things and add toggles for them just like with stones, weeds,lime,etc.... Don't see why they can't do the same with manual hook ups, but as for the maintenance aspect would prove a bit much. I would settle for a timer for repairs depending on how bad you need the repair.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I've been around since FS2011. Yeah, I'm happy. There's always going to be room to grow in any simulator. I welcome any and all realism Giants wants to add. Remember that we just now have seasonal changes in the base game. We're a long way from faulty electrical connections and hydraulic hoses leaking. Also, 99% of the player base (citation needed, LOL) know absolutely nothing about real farming, just something to keep in mind.

Manual connecting is something I really can't understand why it's not already an option. That's been a mod for over 10 years now and it really does add a lot of immersion. I don't even care if I have to hook up hoses and electrical connections, just make me get out and hit a button. :lol:
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Still because of the player base, and consoles.
Without consoles they could have done so much more, and the price of the game would have tripled.....
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Ekan

Post by Ekan »

Noraf wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:59 pm Still because of the player base, and consoles.
Without consoles they could have done so much more, and the price of the game would have tripled.....
*thumbsup*
FS since 2012 :hi:
"Immersive farmplay & detail fanatic"

PC: :gamer:
Acer "28" NItro XVO (4k)
Geforce RTX 3070
i7-8700k 5ghz (OC) (3.70ghz)
HyperX fury 32gb RAM
M.2 970 evoPlus (500gb)
M.2 MP500 (150gb)
ROG strix Z370-F
EVGA 750w psu, Corsair cooling & chassi
steveW

Post by steveW »

I often wonder why more Animals were not included, I do not have a problem with production, you either use it or you don't.
Farmers nowadays especially in UK have to diversify, mainly down to the useless Government. I think it was FS17, which had lots of Mods, for Animals and was a great game.
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

Game is more suited to arcade players instead of simulator players, because most of the players are not real life farmers, but spoiled kids and they play this game just to drive fast tractors, have millions of dollars, drive harvesters with 500meters working width, plow with 50km/h etc.
As long as the playerbase is such, this game will not evolve into a real simulator.
/thread
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

As a guy who grew up on a farm, but by new standards I now identify as 'a spoiled kid'. I feel offended. :geeknew:

To reply to what's on topic; the vast majority of gamers (not being spoiled..) don't know any better, and probably wouldn't hang around for long if it got too deep. I agree anything too deep and complex should be a toggle.

But put yourself in the developers' shoes. What percentage of players will use this feature?
How much time does it take to develop the core system, and make it right?
How much time does it take to add these features (and possibly new models and other graphics) to every single vehicle and piece of equipment in the game?

A very simplified equation is x amount of time for y amount of players who leave an estimated z amount of money.
In the end; is it worth it? Does it definitely attract new players (to "spread the cost")?
How much time is required for each new vehicle or equipment for future DLC's and other content?
How is this handled for modders? It adds another layer of complexity in mod testing - are we OK with waiting longer? More returns/resubmits?
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

bojanh66 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:22 am Game is more suited to arcade players instead of simulator players, because most of the players are not real life farmers, but spoiled kids and they play this game just to drive fast tractors, have millions of dollars, drive harvesters with 500meters working width, plow with 50km/h etc.
As long as the playerbase is such, this game will not evolve into a real simulator.
/thread
I am a real farmer and the last thing I want to do after a long day of work is fix a flat tire on a video game or replace o-rings, etc. I fine that some people want that, but don't force everyone. Also, I could care less about manual attachment, too.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

I just want AI drivers to work properly for all maps on console...
BitFarmer

Post by BitFarmer »

I would like to get the ability to manually open the bins on seeders, planters and fertilizer spreaders. As it is, you have to attach a tractor first, which gets annoying when you only have one tractor.
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

BitFarmer wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:40 pm I would like to get the ability to manually open the bins on seeders, planters and fertilizer spreaders. As it is, you have to attach a tractor first, which gets annoying when you only have one tractor.
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

BitFarmer wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:40 pm I would like to get the ability to manually open the bins on seeders, planters and fertilizer spreaders. As it is, you have to attach a tractor first, which gets annoying when you only have one tractor.
If you are on pc, try this https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022

Shame its not a base game thing but it is what it is. It scratches my itch.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
BitFarmer

Post by BitFarmer »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:27 pm If you are on pc, try this https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022

Shame its not a base game thing but it is what it is. It scratches my itch.
Thanks to both of you for pointing me to that mod. *thumbsup*