What map are you playing on?

BostonJohnny1226

Re: What map are you playing on?

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

I'm running 3 right now:
Stevie's ElmCreek 4x, Michigan Map and Pacific Northwest.
I've edited all 3 to my liking.
I've always loved Stevie's maps and mods. His edit and addon of ElmCreek is awesome! So many additional factories and more.
The PNW map has some really huge fields (CoursePlay and AutoDrive are a must!)
Michigan is really good too! (Gotta love the huge ramp, but watch out for the trenches around the fields.
Dpk172

Post by Dpk172 »

Well. I can relate to the game as being a calming factor in my life too. I have pts syndrome and playing fs is my way to empty my head. I play on different maps. Some big, some small. Currently I am on the gelderland map, because I am dutch and I live near one of the villages that are in the map. I rebuild it a bit. And I play at least 3 to 4 hours every evening. But there are more maps I love. The old stream map, maypole and several other English maps. I can realy loose myself in the game. Cheers and keep calm 👌
Voncarsteine

Post by Voncarsteine »

Maypole, until I found out I can't change the (animal abusive) 500 cows in the shed so now I'm back on Haut Beyleron
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Voncarsteine wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 9:44 pm Maypole, until I found out I can't change the (animal abusive) 500 cows in the shed so now I'm back on Haut Beyleron
Why not put less in the shed?
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

UncleRico wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 12:26 am
Voncarsteine wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 9:44 pm Maypole, until I found out I can't change the (animal abusive) 500 cows in the shed so now I'm back on Haut Beyleron
This guy...with common sense...shame on you
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Decriptus wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 5:29 pm
This guy...with common sense...shame on you
Yeah, I just don’t get it I guess. If you have a high capacity barn and you choose to put less in it isn’t that exactly what they would want?
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

Been trying to play Fichthal (sp?) Tried it a few times, wonderful map but for some reason I keep blue screening....and yes I've done the whole no mods and all that.
Gugernoot215

Post by Gugernoot215 »

I put about 200 hours on no mans land then tried out hinterland left that after 150hrs and after being unable to pick a map for a while I went to Elmcreek because I hadn't done a base game map.
Running on A refurbished 1.2k hp laptop which the graphics chip likes to crash (when playing fs22).
Image server (upload your images here): https://image.giants-software.com/
Voncarsteine

Post by Voncarsteine »

UncleRico wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 12:26 am
It feels 'weird' somehow. On one hand it's very inefficient to use a shed for only 20% of it's capacity but mainly the map doesn't seem to fit with 1000 cows on a farm. There is not enough grass/fields to feed them with maize plus. If I could just change the shed to hold 80 cows it'd be perfect for me
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Voncarsteine wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:24 pm It feels 'weird' somehow. On one hand it's very inefficient to use a shed for only 20% of it's capacity but mainly the map doesn't seem to fit with 1000 cows on a farm. There is not enough grass/fields to feed them with maize plus. If I could just change the shed to hold 80 cows it'd be perfect for me
It’s to give people options. You can buy feed for more cows. It’s just curious and I just don’t understand how it can bother you it’s inefficient yet also it’s cruel. In my opinion it’s actually very realistic you can decide what’s important to you.
Lawma

Post by Lawma »

Was Monette Farms Map Always on console or did it get added to consoles with this update? If it was I completely missed this one and I see Bucks County came out today. Looks like I'm gonna be doing some map walk through videos viewing tonight
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Lawma wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 5:50 pm Was Monette Farms Map Always on console or did it get added to consoles with this update? If it was I completely missed this one and I see Bucks County came out today. Looks like I'm gonna be doing some map walk through videos viewing tonight
Monette was released for Console for the 1st time today. Bucks county is ok. The cow barns house a lot of cows, which is peaking my interest. I may give it a go today. I'm not sure.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Lawma

Post by Lawma »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 9:41 pm

Monette was released for Console for the 1st time today. Bucks county is ok. The cow barns house a lot of cows, which is peaking my interest. I may give it a go today. I'm not sure.
I liked Bucks on 19, despite some objects being permanent. Definitely has my attention so far. Thanks for the hot take
Michael_Jones

Post by Michael_Jones »

It was very interesting to read, thank you for sharing your experience in such detail. Because I don't have as much experience as the guys.
Paco_86

Post by Paco_86 »

JohnDeere77 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 1:02 pm Rennebu! And playing like the startyear is 1985 and working my way up. So tools and equipment should be more or less correct for the given year, but one cannot be too rigid to make it work and playable. For the time beeing Im in 1995.
I like your idea!! Starting in a year and advancing to the future hahaha... It really can simulates a real farm.
I'm playing in a Hp pavilion gaming laptop: Core i5 10300H, Nvidia Gtx 1650, 8 gb RAM