Weird prices Premium Edition

Guil

Re: Weird prices Premium Edition

Post by Guil »

Lexie wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:07 pm
Urinal2001 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:49 pm It's not stupid though, as a product gets older, it will get cheaper. This is the same for everything. You pay a premium for getting stuff right away
As mentioned, 3 of the 5 DLC's from season 2 are not yet released, so you cannot speak about old. If a complete edition has the same price as only Season Pass 2, for wich people are still waiting to get the products included, it's just a middlefinger to eveyone who did buy Season Pass 2.
Pricing on MS store is down to MS, not Giants
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

Guil wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:04 pm
Urinal2001 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:49 pm It's not stupid though, as a product gets older, it will get cheaper. This is the same for everything. You pay a premium for getting stuff right away
As mentioned, 3 of the 5 DLC's from season 2 are not yet released, so you cannot speak about old. If a complete edition has the same price as only Season Pass 2, for wich people are still waiting to get the products included, it's just a middlefinger to eveyone who did buy Season Pass 2.
It's just Giants price with a fee for Microsoft. But on the Giants store it's even worse, Season Pass 2 and Premium Edtion are the same price.
JonasKaizer

Post by JonasKaizer »

Lexie wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:52 pm

It's just Giants price with a fee for Microsoft. But on the Giants store it's even worse, Season Pass 2 and Premium Edtion are the same price.

But if you have Year 2 season pass, you will get the three dlc's still not released. What you get extra with the premium edition is year 1 season pass, whic ended with the platinum edition 7 months ago.

And if I recall correctly, I think there was a pre order bonus on the year 2 season pass so alot of people didn't pay 39.99.

But at the end of the day, this is just a company trying to get new players to buy their games.
Ashtooth

Post by Ashtooth »

Pricing on MS store is definitely NOT dictated by MS, not sure where you got that idea.

The developer sets the price, for example 10, and MS takes a percentage, for example 30% = 3.
Works the same PS, Apple and Google.
Disclaimer:
This name has been brought to you by the creative geniuses of the generic brand name....lizard.
Shadow250

Post by Shadow250 »

its the same on steam it was $30 for base game $39.99 for season 1 and 39.99 for season 2. about $110 in total without the not included dlcs and now they offer the whole thing for $40. seems like a ripoff for the people who bought it before now. this company is getting to be like EA with all the separate dlcs as well. i am probably not going to buy anymore games from giants. i do like the game but the prices are getting too high.
JonasKaizer

Post by JonasKaizer »

Shadow250 wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:41 pm its the same on steam it was $30 for base game $39.99 for season 1 and 39.99 for season 2. about $110 in total without the not included dlcs and now they offer the whole thing for $40. seems like a ripoff for the people who bought it before now. this company is getting to be like EA with all the separate dlcs as well. i am probably not going to buy anymore games from giants. i do like the game but the prices are getting too high.
This is basically how prices work for most games. The only exception is Nintendo. If you want to buy Mario Odyssey wich was released 6 years ago, it's still $59.99.
I buy Xbox and PS5 games after the games have been on the market for a while, and I pay maybe $20 for a game that was $69.99 at launch like a year prior.

If you feel ripped of because of the Premium Edition then I suggest that for the next farming simulator you wait until the end of it's lifespan to buy a bundle with everything. Because there will be a similar deal once again.
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

Shadow250 wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:41 pm $110 in total without the not included dlcs and now they offer the whole thing for $40. seems like a ripoff for the people who bought it before now.
Still can't fathom how this is a rip-off in some people's eyes, if you want access to something as soon as it's released, you obviously pay a higher price. If the money is a factor to someone, perfectly reasonably btw, they can wait for the price to drop further down the line.
keralan

Post by keralan »

Shadow250 wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:41 pm its the same on steam it was $30 for base game $39.99 for season 1 and 39.99 for season 2. about $110 in total without the not included dlcs and now they offer the whole thing for $40. seems like a ripoff for the people who bought it before now. this company is getting to be like EA with all the separate dlcs as well. i am probably not going to buy anymore games from giants. i do like the game but the prices are getting too high.
It's worse than that, only people who don't have the base game can take advantage of the offer.
If you already have the base game and you want to take the season pass, you cannot buy the pack for yourself, you have to pay the season pass separately, that is to say 80€!
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

Urinal2001 wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:55 am
Shadow250 wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:41 pm $110 in total without the not included dlcs and now they offer the whole thing for $40. seems like a ripoff for the people who bought it before now.
Still can't fathom how this is a rip-off in some people's eyes, if you want access to something as soon as it's released, you obviously pay a higher price. If the money is a factor to someone, perfectly reasonably btw, they can wait for the price to drop further down the line.
People are still waiting for the release of the remaining 3 DLC's of Season Pass 2, and now you can buy a complete edition for the same price as only Season Pass 2. I have no problem with a discount for a complete edition, but giving away this complete edition for the same price as one Season Pass is just a knife in the back for everyone who did buy the Season Pass or want to buy.

First release everything, so everyone who paid for the Season Pass has access to all the content, afterwards you can drop the price for the Season Passes and release a cheaper complete edition.

Beside this, you don't know in advance what is included in a Season Pass, so with buying one you take already a risk. With the price of the Premium Edtion they just fool the people who did take the risk and did buy the Season Pass. Also if you want to buy a Season Pass later, why should you as the price for a Season Pass is the same as the Premium Edition?
Ashtooth

Post by Ashtooth »

Lexie wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:52 pm
People are still waiting for the release of the remaining 3 DLC's of Season Pass 2, and now you can buy a complete edition for the same price as only Season Pass 2. I have no problem with a discount for a complete edition, but giving away this complete edition for the same price as one Season Pass is just a knife in the back for everyone who did buy the Season Pass or want to buy.

First release everything, so everyone who paid for the Season Pass has access to all the content, afterwards you can drop the price for the Season Passes and release a cheaper complete edition.

Beside this, you don't know in advance what is included in a Season Pass, so with buying one you take already a risk. With the price of the Premium Edtion they just fool the people who did take the risk and did buy the Season Pass. Also if you want to buy a Season Pass later, why should you as the price for a Season Pass is the same as the Premium Edition?
I like your use of the phrase complete edition.
Disclaimer:
This name has been brought to you by the creative geniuses of the generic brand name....lizard.
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

JillAnnoyedFarmer wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:29 pm

Thanks, it sounds at least better then Premium Edition, this make it sounds like the other editions are inferior :wink3:
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

Then you are in luck! There is a whole extra 'complete edition' in the second paragraph that went unnoticed. Even more value for money!
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

Urinal2001 wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:34 pm

Then you are in luck! There is a whole extra 'complete edition' in the second paragraph that went unnoticed. Even more value for money!
I think you did not read the whole conversation and especially the first post..
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

Lexie wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:47 pm I think you did not read the whole conversation and especially the first post..

I've read every word. I think YOU did not understand the point I was making.
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

Urinal2001 wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 4:11 pm
Lexie wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:47 pm I think you did not read the whole conversation and especially the first post..

I've read every word. I think YOU did not understand the point I was making.
My point, the complete edition, including base game + season 1 + season 2 is only 39,99. Only Season Pass 2 is also 39,99, so for onwners of the base game or Seaons Pass 1, there is no luck at all.