Rain Pain - new Mod

BazTheHat

Re: Rain Pain - new Mod

Post by BazTheHat »

I don't know Yumi, but I do use CombineXP. I know there's a fake-moisture setting in it, where harvest speed is crippled before noon. That, coupled with Rain Pain making the yield less if the ground isn't perfectly dry, makes a good combo for realism / pain.

Would be more than happy to chat with Yumi about a collaboration, though.
llork1984

Post by llork1984 »

Hello BazTheHat,

I'm using your mod but when it's raining the effects I have are the status of the fields and the sound of footsteps on the damp ground, the implements continue to work at normal speed and the damage suffered by them is the same as if it weren't raining.

What could I be doing wrong?

Thank you very much.
BazTheHat

Post by BazTheHat »

Can you tell me which implements you are using? Do they come with the base game or are they mods?
llork1984

Post by llork1984 »

I did the tests with mod and without mod but I didn't see any change in the speed of work or in the damage of the equipment, the same happened with a youtuber.

Here's the link to the video where he takes the test and doesn't notice any changes.

https://youtu.be/QODR9FvTrhw?t=293

Thank you for your attention.
BazTheHat

Post by BazTheHat »

I'm afraid I don't speak Portuguese, so I'm struggling to understand the youtube video. Can I check what language are you running FS 22 in? I'm thinking it might be a translation error, but to confirm I need to know what language you are using and which implements, please?
llork1984

Post by llork1984 »

Hello,

I'm running in Portuguese and using a plow along with a standard tractor in the game, in the video it says that the mod is apparently not having an effect on the implement, that the working speed and the condition of the implement have not been changed.
BazTheHat

Post by BazTheHat »

Thank you, I will check it soon. My guess is that for some reason the name of the plow internally within the game is different in Portuguese than in English, and so the mod isn't "seeing" it. I will confirm soon and make a bug fix as soon as I can.
BazTheHat

Post by BazTheHat »

I've found the problem and fixed it. I've also added Portuguese localisation as well. I don't know how long it will be before Giants clears the new mod for release, but as soon as you see an update for version 1.0.0.1 then it will work.

Thank you so much for bring this to my attention.

I don't know if you have any means of contacting that YouTube and letting him know, too?
llork1984

Post by llork1984 »

Hello,
Thank you very much, I'm very anxious to use your mood, I'll let the youtuber know about the correction.
johandenver

Post by johandenver »

I just wanted to seriously thank you BazTheHat for this mod. In my opinion, water effecting different aspects is THE main thing missing from the game at the moment and I'm so thankful that someone with modding knowledge has taken time to make this.

Another thing that would be amazing to add is to somehow calculate yeild loss/gain depending on the amount of rain/sun/temperatures during a season but I guess that could be of of scope for your mod in particular :-)

I also would love a mod that make vehicles take damage if not parked under a roof or in a garage. Say 0% damage in a heated garage, 5% damage in a cold garage, 20% under a roof and 100% with no cover at all. Would be nice to have that but unfortunately I have no modding skills in FS22 so I'll have to wait and see.

Anyway, thanks again for your excellent contribution!
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

johandenver wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:44 am I just wanted to seriously thank you BazTheHat for this mod. In my opinion, water effecting different aspects is THE main thing missing from the game at the moment and I'm so thankful that someone with modding knowledge has taken time to make this.

Another thing that would be amazing to add is to somehow calculate yeild loss/gain depending on the amount of rain/sun/temperatures during a season but I guess that could be of of scope for your mod in particular :-)

I also would love a mod that make vehicles take damage if not parked under a roof or in a garage. Say 0% damage in a heated garage, 5% damage in a cold garage, 20% under a roof and 100% with no cover at all. Would be nice to have that but unfortunately I have no modding skills in FS22 so I'll have to wait and see.

I’ve always wondered about having some kind of mod where vehicles need to be under the cover of some kind. Alway was a concern on the farm, with the power of the sun. Hydraulic hoses and tires.
BazTheHat

Post by BazTheHat »

johandenver wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:44 am I just wanted to seriously thank you BazTheHat for this mod. In my opinion, water effecting different aspects is THE main thing missing from the game at the moment and I'm so thankful that someone with modding knowledge has taken time to make this.

Thank you for your kind words!

I love the idea of vehicles and implements being damaged in the rain when left for too long, it's something I've wondered about adding already, so I'll try to include it in an update.

I also love the yield/loss idea. I've got a crop disease mod in the pipeline where excess sun/moisture will play a part on affecting yield, so it might be better suited in there.
BazTheHat

Post by BazTheHat »

Beanbrother wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:59 pm I’ve always wondered about having some kind of mod where vehicles need to be under the cover of some kind. Alway was a concern on the farm, with the power of the sun. Hydraulic hoses and tires.
Definitely will include this in a future update. Thank you for the ideas: keep 'em coming. *thumbsup*
johandenver

Post by johandenver »

Wow you're fast becoming my favorite modder all time :-)

I didn't actually think someone would ever make these ideas a reality so I haven't thought that much about other things. I will have think for sure :-)
johandenver

Post by johandenver »

Here are 3 things that could be interesting.

Weather report for last month - If rain/temperature/moisture effects are implemented, we would need some kind of report to be able to track/predict how this will affect yeild.

Delay when filling silos and containers (with fert, diesel etc.) until goods appear in the silo - to simulate delivery time (perhaps with an option for express delivery)

Delay when repairing vehicles & equipment - the equipment will be unavailable until fixed, the more damaged, the longer time until equipment is available again