Rain Pain - new Mod

BazTheHat

Re: Rain Pain - new Mod

Post by BazTheHat »

johandenver wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:58 pm Here are 3 things that could be interesting.

Weather report for last month - If rain/temperature/moisture effects are implemented, we would need some kind of report to be able to track/predict how this will affect yeild.

Delay when filling silos and containers (with fert, diesel etc.) until goods appear in the silo - to simulate delivery time (perhaps with an option for express delivery)

Delay when repairing vehicles & equipment - the equipment will be unavailable until fixed, the more damaged, the longer time until equipment is available again
The weather report thing sounds perfect for the crop disease mod I'm working on, will definitely include that now, thank you.

The other two should be feasible, though probably as separate mods. I see we both like inflicting pain on the user!

I'm also thinking of making a mod where you have to return the tools you borrowed to do a contract before you get paid for it.
johandenver

Post by johandenver »

Hehe yes, I guess so :-)

I agree, the delay things are probably their own mod. I do like the idea of having to return the equipment before getting paid, hope you get that working as well if you do decide to do that.
johandenver

Post by johandenver »

Just thought I'd throw some more ideas out there, not at all related to rain though but all of them related to adding realism :-)

- The delay thing for products like lime,fert, diesel etc. would be so nice to have as a separate "store" in game.
Like a tab where you it lists all your containers capable of receiving goods and you get to order units that then appears in the container after a specific amount of time, could also be a slightly randomized time, like rain currently is in the game.

- Another thing that would be cool, but certainly inflict pain again, is to have random breakdowns in machinery. The risk of a total breakdown would of course be higher as equipment gets older and especially when in need of repairs. This would mean that there would actually be a need to use more than your best tractor all the time. Also a need for towing equipment. There could also be damage inflicted on your equipment that wouldn't mean a total breakdown, say 25% instant damage and a message indicating that something has happened. There could even be different things happening to different equipment types with sounds to accompany those events.

- The ability to sleep until a specific date/time would also be very nice. Perhaps combined with an ability to set custom time scales. For instance, I want the game to run at x5 between 7-23 and x20 during night.

- Dynamic prices for all inputs like fert, diesel, lime etc. would certainly add some realism to the game. It would also mean there would be a point of stockpiling fert when it's cheap.

- Limits for how long you can keep crops in silos before value would decrease. It would have to be longer than in real life, even I would probably turn this off otherwise, but it would give some sort of strategic element that you actually have to sell your wheat soon rather than waiting another year for a better price.
Lambdacat

Post by Lambdacat »

Hi so I absolutely love this mod but I've discovered an issue, when trying to use the goweil vario-master v140 baler with this mod enabled it will just completely freeze the game but in a strange way like all the stuff in the environment will move but the vehicle camera and your character cannot move at all, its a very strange issue. If you could look into this that would be great. Thanks in advance!!
haker146

Post by haker146 »

Hi @BazTheHat I am the author of RealSeason for FS22. I think in your Rain Pain mod it would be good to separate soil moisture and temperature from plant moisture. It would then be necessary to add a mathematical equation for drying plants where wind speed, temperature and lack of precipitation would affect the humidity of plants. If you are interested in such a solution, let me know because I have ready formulas for plant humidity.
BazTheHat

Post by BazTheHat »

Lambdacat wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:52 am Hi so I absolutely love this mod but I've discovered an issue, when trying to use the goweil vario-master v140 baler with this mod enabled it will just completely freeze the game but in a strange way like all the stuff in the environment will move but the vehicle camera and your character cannot move at all, its a very strange issue. If you could look into this that would be great. Thanks in advance!!
Oh no, sorry to hear that! I'm currently on holiday, but will get the goweil dlc and test it out when I get back.

Can I check - does it still do it on the newly-released 1.0.0.1 version? And are you playing in English?
BazTheHat

Post by BazTheHat »

haker146 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:43 pm Hi @BazTheHat I am the author of RealSeason for FS22. I think in your Rain Pain mod it would be good to separate soil moisture and temperature from plant moisture. It would then be necessary to add a mathematical equation for drying plants where wind speed, temperature and lack of precipitation would affect the humidity of plants. If you are interested in such a solution, let me know because I have ready formulas for plant humidity.
I'm not 100% sure yet if that would be good for Rain Pain, as my mod is more focused on implements. However, I'm working on a crop disease mod that your formulae would be fantastic for.

Feel free to pm me anything you'd be happy to share, and if you've any ideas on what shouod be included I a disease mod, let me know.
BazTheHat

Post by BazTheHat »

BUG FIX RELEASED
================

There was a bug which meant the features of Rain Pain wouldn't work if you played in a non-English language. That bug has been squished and the update released.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

BazTheHat wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:58 pm
I'm not 100% sure yet if that would be good for Rain Pain, as my mod is more focused on implements. However, I'm working on a crop disease mod that your formulae would be fantastic for.

Feel free to pm me anything you'd be happy to share, and if you've any ideas on what shouod be included I a disease mod, let me know.
That disease mod with the real season stuff sounds like a fantastic mod
etrain

Post by etrain »

I think I found a mod conflict with this mod. I am playing on edge water Saskatchewan and am admittedly playing with a lot of mods, but sometimes after hiring a grain cart worker through courseplay, the field numbers disappear and animations such as crop going into the header and chaff leaving the combine freeze. There might be more problems, but I didn’t look further into it and am sad because this mod sounds awesome!!!
Sweet Wheat

Post by Sweet Wheat »

johandenver wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:38 am

- Another thing that would be cool, but certainly inflict pain again, is to have random breakdowns in machinery. The risk of a total breakdown would of course be higher as equipment gets older and especially when in need of repairs. This would mean that there would actually be a need to use more than your best tractor all the time. Also a need for towing equipment. There could also be damage inflicted on your equipment that wouldn't mean a total breakdown, say 25% instant damage and a message indicating that something has happened. There could even be different things happening to different equipment types with sounds to accompany those events.
To go along with this, one thing the game should have is when you repair equipment it shouldn't be back to 100%.
I do this manually on pc by adding back in some damage and paint wear.
Equipment ages and as time goes on and after many repairs there comes a time where you have to spend a lot to repair it and it's only half as good as brand new so maybe you should buy a better used or new piece of equipment.

Also, I like a lot of your ideas, some I've been doing manually in a spreadsheet system but you gave me some ideas for more.

Thanks for the mod Baz and especially if you are looking at doing more that can add some realism.
johandenver

Post by johandenver »

That's a great idea that I haven't even thought about. It makes perfect sense and would actually make a real difference between brand new and old machinery.
ChiefScotty420
1. Verwarnung

Post by ChiefScotty420 »

Does this mod have any effect on Maizeplus? Especially regarding MP's extra steps for drying hay?
PC. Modded. Still holding my breath for soilmod....
BazTheHat

Post by BazTheHat »

ChiefScotty420 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:03 pm Does this mod have any effect on Maizeplus? Especially regarding MP's extra steps for drying hay?
Honestly, I'm not sure as I haven't used MP myself. In terms of effect on harvesting, Rain Pain simply takes the same effect the base game does when harvesting in the rain, but applies it right up until the ground is perfectly dry.

Does anyone else know how MP effects harvest?
BazTheHat

Post by BazTheHat »

Sweet Wheat wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:50 am
johandenver wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:38 am

To go along with this, one thing the game should have is when you repair equipment it shouldn't be back to 100%.
I do this manually on pc by adding back in some damage and paint wear.
Equipment ages and as time goes on and after many repairs there comes a time where you have to spend a lot to repair it and it's only half as good as brand new so maybe you should buy a better used or new piece of equipment.

Also, I like a lot of your ideas, some I've been doing manually in a spreadsheet system but you gave me some ideas for more.

Thanks for the mod Baz and especially if you are looking at doing more that can add some realism.
Don't mind me *scribbles notes furiously*

I love all these ideas. Not sure they fit in Rain Pain, but I see some mechanical wear mod in my future now.