how do you guys play your maps?

Kamiko

how do you guys play your maps?

Post by Kamiko »

Do you play few maps, changing them as you feel like it, or do you stick to only one map, doing your own challenge/scenario till the end of it?
Ravenport - 152 hours (platinum trophy)
Bajeczna - 17 hours
UncleRico

Re: how do you guys play your maps?

Post by UncleRico »

Just one once I find one I like. I’m usually messing with stuff and then usually don’t finish haha
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

I go all in. My Griffin save is epic at this point. Really hard to be patient while I work on building up Alma...
Old fat guy with a day job...
Massey44

Post by Massey44 »

Unfortunately even after nearly 400 hours in this game I have never really settled on a map so I have a habit of changing after about 20-30 hours. Never really found the right map to put hundreds of hours into yet.
Qwikstreet

Post by Qwikstreet »

In FS19 I only played 3 maps in over 1000hours. 95% of those hours were on a MP Server Madison County.

I'm only 2 weeks in on FS22 and have 50hrs on Elm Creek. My plan is to play this map for the rest of October. After that Im guessing I will only be actually playing on 2-3 maps for the remainder of my time on FS22. One map will be my large animal and production empire attempt.
combine2988

Post by combine2988 »

It's hard for me to stick to one map when so many good maps come out, But i'll play on one until i get bored of it but i would never delete the save i'll just come back to that map when i feel like playing on it

Right now i'm having fun on Court Farm i'm running two farms on that map ;) the main farm and the ''Home Farm'' i have all the animals i'm taking care of

Then i started on Alma, Missouri but i'm waiting for the update because im harvesting peas and i can't unload them right now
Burekcina

Post by Burekcina »

All the maps feel empty for me and i can't play a map for more than 20-30 hours. Most of them become boring after that. There is just no life...it's just me and traffic on rails. The few maps i played for more than 100 hours i had my farm in the corner of the map and didn't really drive around much.

This game is desperate for more life in maps, more interaction with the world, neighbours, unpredictable traffic and pedestrians, other farmers working,... IT NEEDS LIFE!
Lawma

Post by Lawma »

I'm a map jumper. I always see greener grass or start picking apart aspects that are not how I like. 17 Lone Oak was my perfection map. 19 was Griffin . 22 is Alma. Gonna be hard to pull me from this map
farmer_bell

Post by farmer_bell »

I have a few that I move between. I tend to keep the same maps until I have accomplished my goals. I do not cheat in any money. Always start new farmer on hard difficulty. For each map I set a goal and play till I get there.
I’ve 200+ hours on Haut Beyleron.
150+ on elengrate.
I’ve got around 80 hours in court farms as I’ve just started. I expect this save will see me well over 300+ hours.
I’ve got another 200 in wosnice and around 170 in Rennebu.
Unless a particularly spectacular map comes out, I doubt I’ll move from this line up now.
Kamiko

Post by Kamiko »

please feel free to share your usual personal goals for maps too ^^

My goal for Haut Beyleron right now is to buy a big tractor (at least 350 hp) - not rushing anything, just going with humble work with my 3 starting fields (new farmer on normal difficulty, stones, weeds, lime, etc.)
Ravenport - 152 hours (platinum trophy)
Bajeczna - 17 hours
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Usually I start with a farm of a certain kind, like now I have a small dairy with only essential equipment. My goals are to just expand until I’m doing everything play until I’m out of debt from that expansion and then I’m kind of done
Lawma

Post by Lawma »

I start off with IH86 series, farmall m, and field boss. Tlx 1986. Small equipment and implements. I've yet to have animals in any farm sim game or map lol. Or anything considered large. Tractors, equipment, anything. Started Alma harvest last night. My goal is to do it all finally.

Last night I realized I've been a farm sim nomad for the past 4 years. SMH
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

This is a good discussion. On a new map, I try to start with one good sized field, and one tractor with enough grunt to pull medium sized (6m or so) tools. I usually buy the tractor and lease everything else until income stabilizes. If something good pops up used, I'll grab it, otherwise I like the MF 8S. I'll work every single contract that comes up (slogging through two potato jobs in Alma right now...) and add fields as income allows. Only two days in on Alam, but still hooked...
Old fat guy with a day job...
Massey44

Post by Massey44 »

Ideally I start with one 200hp or higher tractor, MF 7700, JCB Fastrac or Fendt Vario. Usually its more cost effective to buy a tractor I can upgrade with a more powerful engine later. Although if I have the money available at the start I usually buy my favourite MF 8740S. If I start with a field ready to harvest I always lease a harvester and will only buy one later when I have enough land to justify having it sitting in the shed for a year.

If any fields I own can be expanded or merged I do it all in the first year. It really depends on how much I want to diversify what I am growing. Quite often I'll put in a long narrow field for potatoes or set aside a small field for poplar to make biobales during winter for something else to do.

I normally put down at least one large greenhouse and have it grow and autosell lettuce because that will cover the property expenses for a few years. For fields I don't generally buy anything under 8 acres beause I feel the profit isn't high enough to give me the kind of progression I want playing with normal economy. I don't do sillage unless I own cows because I feel the profit from it is ridiculously high and its too easy for me to be drowning in money far too early and it tends to ruin my enjoyment too quickly.

I look for a second tractor with about 150hp and put the Precision Farming Isaria mirror sensors on it and use it for all weed spraying and fertlizing work. The recent Claas Ares mod is proving ideal for this. Implements have to be at least 6m working width, anything less feels too time consuming and inefficient.

I never buy sheds or other buildings until I have enough fields generating a decent profit becausue sheds don't make me money. Apart from the one greenhouse I never do productions because playing with pallets doesn't appeal to me and I prefer farming to playing industrial tycoon.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I've been on Ohio Richlands since it came out. I have slowly put a lot of time really building an old school home grown cattle operation on it, uitilizing two of the base game farms and adding to them. One farm is mine that "used to be my grandfathers" and the other is my "father's". The quotes are there to indicate my role play. My plan is to eventually expand to other parts of the map, and have "cousins" and "uncles" running those farms using other equipment. That way I can enjoy eveything on one map. The low slot count on this map really helps that out.

Using EY modding and Rooster modding and others who make mods in these styles like Sluetjes mods, really make it fun.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----