Remember the Day...

HC1Gunner

Remember the Day...

Post by HC1Gunner »

Remember the day when we primarily used CoursePlay to create routes on the road from field to sell points, silos, etc. When you activated the vehicle on a route the vehicle’s light came on appropriately. Then AutoDrive took over, and everyone start using AD to create routes on the roads. No one has explained this, either the authors creating mods, or the creators of AD, but when I activate any truck using AD, none of the lights come on, and some only have parking lights, and if you already have lights on, AD turns them off. I’m kind of tired of driving at night, and being T-boned by a one my trucks running an AD course with no lights on. All of sudden bam, you’re hit by an invisible truck/tailer. AD keeps getting updates, but this problem never goes away. Why is it the creators of CP can control vehicle lights, even switch them into different mods and off a field, but AD can’t seem to do this.

Edit don_apple: topic moved from "General Discussion" to "Technical Support", since it is about an issue with a mod and not the game itself.
Asus ROG STRIX X670E-A GAMING
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D
32GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo AMD EXPO 32GB DDR5 6000 F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR
SSD NVMe 2 TB - Crucial T700 Gen5
Sapphire NITRO+ RX 7900 XTX Vapor-X
Corsair HX1200 1200 Watt Pwr Sup
NZXT Kraken Z73 360 AIO CPU Cooler
Sennheiser Game One headset / Sennheiser GSX 1000 Gaming Audio Amplifier
LG 32GK850G-B 32" QHD 65Hz Refresh Rate
Win 11 Pro 64bit
anthu

Re: Remember the Day...

Post by anthu »

At the beginning of FS22, the CP developers said that they wanted to concentrate on field work because AD made route driving and recording easier.
I am of the same opinion.
The point to be reached can be selected from an existing route network and you don't have to record your own route from each field to the sales point.
So with a map with 40 fields I neet to record 40 courses from each field to one point of sale.
i must record 480 courses at 12 points of sale on the map...
There are also various other necessary connections...
because of the light, for me AD switches it on when it gets evening, rains or snows,...
There is even a menu option where the work light at loading and unloading points is also switched on.
which AD version are you using? I have the current one from the github.
lg
andreas
snekko

Post by snekko »

AutoDrive turn on the lights when streetlights and ai drivers turn the light on. But, some maps use light shaders where it is way to dark before ai turn the lights on. On some maps ai drives also without light until its pitsblack.

In addition, AutoDrive turns on light state 1 when the turn on the lights. Lot of mods use lightstate 1 only for parking lights, and not for the headlights. I usaly changed the mods that they turn on the headlights on lightstate 1 and not 2.

I also wished AutoDrive had an option to turn lights always on when using AutoDrive, and which light state to use per vehicle.
HC1Gunner

Post by HC1Gunner »

Anthu;

I'm using the latest version of AD, yes it turns on lights when gets to a work area, but everywhere between the field and the travel point, headlights are turned off on every truck I used. Basically, while driving on any road the truck is running with no lights. Just seems like either mod creators could fix this, seeming every truck I use has the issue, or the AD dev team could add some type of setting to force lights on. Doesn't matter what map shaders are set to, all the way through the entire night, my trucks never have working lights on the road.

Snekko;
Thanks, for the info the light state in the xml, I will have to look at that and give it a try, but I really think there should be fix instead of having edit every truck's xml.
It was either in FS17 or 19, someone had released a mod that allowed you to use the keyboard command to on the lights overriding CP or AD. I'm surprised by now that someone has released something similar for 22. For example, I use the speed control mod that allows you to have (3) cruise control settings (speeds) this will override both CP and AD, but can be activate while these mod is running a course, and the tractor will slow down. I see no reason why someone could create a mod that would override AD's lights.

don apple moved this to tech support where it definitely does not belong, now it's going to get buried and no one is going to see it, the post will just die. Don its not about a mod problem or the mod, it was about comparing how a mod worked in 17, 19, and now 22. About 95% of the players use one type of mod or another just because it's not base-game related, I see no reason it can be discussed under General, that gets the most attention (viewers) and is more likely to be seen by mod creators or the AutoDrive dev team.
Asus ROG STRIX X670E-A GAMING
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D
32GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo AMD EXPO 32GB DDR5 6000 F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR
SSD NVMe 2 TB - Crucial T700 Gen5
Sapphire NITRO+ RX 7900 XTX Vapor-X
Corsair HX1200 1200 Watt Pwr Sup
NZXT Kraken Z73 360 AIO CPU Cooler
Sennheiser Game One headset / Sennheiser GSX 1000 Gaming Audio Amplifier
LG 32GK850G-B 32" QHD 65Hz Refresh Rate
Win 11 Pro 64bit