How long does it take sugarcane to start growing?

wiggersjoelt

How long does it take sugarcane to start growing?

Post by wiggersjoelt »

Hello,

I'm playing on the North East End map which has some extra crops added to it. The map maker to cotton and sugarcane off of the map and added Alfalfa, Clover, and Forage Sorghum. I wanted to grow some cotton on this map so I unzipped the mod and added the references to cotton back into the maps_growth.xml file and change the "Show on Map" setting in the maps_fruitTypes file from false to true. I rezipped the the mod files and dumped it back into my mods folder. Now the mod only loads to 60% and hangs. What did I do wrong? Can someone tell me what else I need to do to get it to show back up in the map and have it not hang at 60%?

Thanks in advance!

Joel W
Last edited by wiggersjoelt on Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
MK_McD

Re: Adding Basegame Crops Back Onto A Map

Post by MK_McD »

What does the error log say?
wiggersjoelt

Post by wiggersjoelt »

I was able to add the sugarcane and cotton back up into the North East Ends map and it now shows up in the game menu and on the crop calendar. In the game menu the field status shows as growing, but when I go to the field itself in the Hud, the field info status shows harvested. I planted some sugarcane in April and some in May but it isn't growing. What did I miss? I'll check the error log and see if it says anything about it.

Thanks,

Joel W
wiggersjoelt

Post by wiggersjoelt »

I should have asked how long does it take Sugarcane to start growing? I planted one small field in April and one small field in May. Its June now and there's still no growth on either field. The field info on the lower right hand side of the screen shows the status as harvested and the growth stage at 1/5 but in the game menu, it shows as growing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Joel