Console snow removal

mydixiewrecked

Console snow removal

Post by mydixiewrecked »

Anybody have any recommendations on how to remove large amounts of snow in the most efficient way on console? Ps4 Alma. I like more snow, but dang it's a pain keeping the road for the farm open. I've tried 82s 2 pickup truck plows. The one for the 2020 pack isn't very good. The other modified Hauer looking plow does better, but still doesn't do the best.
Tommy93

Re: Console snow removal

Post by Tommy93 »

I think the Lizard Forage Pickup can be very helpful to you. It can pick up snow, blow it to the side or even blow it in a trailer that can keep snow. https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

I'll check it out. Seems as though snow plows are less effective in 22 than they were in 19. Thanks
Massey44

Post by Massey44 »

I think I used this one on Edgewater Saskatchewan during the 3 months of snow that map offers and it seemed more effective than the snow plows. You can also blow the snow a considerable distance assuming I haven't got it mixed up with another one. Definitely didn't use that Lizard one that was linked, would never pay 65K since I'm a cheapskate. :biggrin2:

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

I agree with the above, the snowblower is your best option for heavy snow. You are correct as well, giants snow isn’t quite right when it comes to pushing it. It’s like the snows to heavy or the weight behind what you’re pushing it isn’t right. It behaves much more like pushing dirt than snow because of how it wants to lift you. You could also always go the salt route to get what doesn’t want to push.
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

Tornado pro for the win. Tried it this morning using the universal front attacher mod on a mack. Some of the bigger plows work ok if you get it pushed with the first accumulation, anything more and its blower time.

Correct, snow acts more like pushing up chaff in a bunker or dirt. Don't get me wrong I've pushed some heavy wet snow in my day but this stuff doesn't even wanna windrow. Snow always sounds like a fun idea until I can't figure out what to do with it and I have crops needing hauled to sell lol
Moot

Post by Moot »

I’m on Alma and here’s how I handle the winter:

Get the TLX Winter Wolf truck (max HP) and get the TLX heavy duty V-plow along with the TLX salt spreader. You’ll use very little salt, so you can get standard capacity.

The V-plow is configurable - you can turn the left and right-side blades to push the snow off to the left, or right, or off both sides when set as a V.

My Alma settings give me considerable snow for 3 months. Each morning I will set for a V-shaped plow and make a lap around my farm. Then I do the main west-east road that leads to town. I’ll do the center of the road plowing V-shaped, then I’ll set the plow to push snow off to the right side and I’ll run up and down all my first paths so that everything is plenty wide.

This rig is heavy and strong enough to let you plow at 30ish mph. The salt spreader is good for clearing small amounts only. It doesn’t prevent accumulation and it’s not effective in deep snow. I always use the salt spreader. Feels right.

I also use that snowblower on a tractor. Excellent performance! Perfect for cleaning up what the Winter Wolf leaves behind.

FYI, if you don’t know Alma, there’s a need to sell crops in town during the winter, so road clearing is part of your routine.
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

Moot wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:40 am I’m on Alma and here’s how I handle the winter:

Get the TLX Winter Wolf truck (max HP) and get the TLX heavy duty V-plow along with the TLX salt spreader. You’ll use very little salt, so you can get standard capacity.

The V-plow is configurable - you can turn the left and right-side blades to push the snow off to the left, or right, or off both sides when set as a V.

My Alma settings give me considerable snow for 3 months. Each morning I will set for a V-shaped plow and make a lap around my farm. Then I do the main west-east road that leads to town. I’ll do the center of the road plowing V-shaped, then I’ll set the plow to push snow off to the right side and I’ll run up and down all my first paths so that everything is plenty wide.

This rig is heavy and strong enough to let you plow at 30ish mph. The salt spreader is good for clearing small amounts only. It doesn’t prevent accumulation and it’s not effective in deep snow. I always use the salt spreader. Feels right.

I also use that snowblower on a tractor. Excellent performance! Perfect for cleaning up what the Winter Wolf leaves behind.

FYI, if you don’t know Alma, there’s a need to sell crops in town during the winter, so road clearing is part of your routine.
Yea, wheats high price is in Jan lol. My road is so butchered from attempting different tactics. I threw caution to the wind and ran my r model grain truck with my fingers crossed I didn't get stuck. In one way I despise the snow. In another way it's fun with the challenge. Reminds me of watching Millennial farmer videos years ago and them hauling grains in snowy weather. I'll give the winter wolf a shot. The way you describe the routine seems like some welcome winter work in the morning. Thanks!
Dreiviertel

Post by Dreiviertel »

I use the Syntrac with snow blower, salt spreader and v-plow @Alma. It's also my allrounder for almost everything at the farm.
Wenn er mal groß ist, will ich so sein wie ich.
[Ralph Wiggum]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS5 Farmer