How to improve FPS?

xxx.514

How to improve FPS?

Post by xxx.514 »

Hello,

Does anybody have any idea how to improve FPS' in FS22? Different settings Ive tryied have nearly no impact on counter. Have few mods, using ReShade, so far im playing on Elmcreek. Worst framerate is in summer during harvests, when many fields have fully grown fruits. Currently have everything on max possible setting with DLAA, sharpening and render scaling on 1.0 and manually edited config file for visibility of flora at fields - standard game 200% setting doesnt allow to see flora visible on all field from one end to another; changed setting to 300%.

Everything on nearly high-end windows machine - gpu usage 1-5%, less than half main RAM used, CPU is about 15% used. Mostly have 20 fps xD However standing near border and facing "out" of game area does strange effect - counter shows 30 fps, but it feel like 60 or more, as long as i dont turn back to game are. Ive seen that many ppl are complaining about game engine itself - its really on its limits or there is something that might give some kick to fps'?

Thanks for shared time.
Attachments
log.txt
(227.01 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
Last edited by xxx.514 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
don_apple

Re: How to improve FPS?

Post by don_apple »

Without more information about your setup it will be difficult for others to help. So in case you are playing on Windows or macOS, please post the log.txt file of the game here (see the link "log.txt" in my signature).
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
xxx.514

Post by xxx.514 »

I knew i will forgot something important - fixed, post edited. Thanks a lot.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

According to the log.txt your game is out of date:

Code: Select all

Farming Simulator 22 (Steam)
  Version: 1.10.1.1 b25106
The current version is 1.13.1.0. Since you are using Stream you need to check in the Steam client to make sure the game gets updated to the latest version.

Also you have lots of errors and even LUA call-stacks from mods in your log.txt. Therefore I would recommend the following:
- update the game to the latest version
- remove all mods from the mods folder
- remove the game.xml and gameSettings.xml from the FarmingSimulator2022 folder (on the next start of the game these files will be created again with default settings)
- start the game and then start a new single player career on one of the 3 standard maps of the game without having any mods or DLCs activated.
drive around on the map and check the FPS.

If you now get 60FPS then you can start increasing the graphics settings. I would first recommend to only try to increase the resolution, and if you have found the maximum resolution where the game still runs at 60FPS then you can start trying to change other graphics settings.

After each change of the settings you will have to start a new single player career on one of the standard maps without any DLCs or mods activated to verify that you still get good FPS.

When you have found the best graphics settings where the game still runs with good FPS you can start putting the mods back and these them on a new single player career. After testing each mod please check the log.txt to see if any warnings, errors or LUA Call-Stacks were generated for the mod. If that is the case then the mod should be removed from the mods folder.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
xxx.514

Post by xxx.514 »

That sounds a lot of work, with mine little time available each day it might took even weeks. Hoped there will be easier solution like tweaks in config files or something in nVidia control panel. Anyway I will try these steps. Thanks a lot for pointing out most problematic places.

I've once again checked what is causing errors - some are from mods that are too new for my bit outdated version, LUA-stacks are caused by two mods - and suprisingly one of them is working quite well, where second is not working at all; and both have errors in nearly same place of code - and i found few lines which i do not understand and do not know what is causing them and have feeling that may be the key to engine performance, any idea what those lines are telling and way to fix it?
2023-11-15 17:01 Warning (performance): Foliage lod 1 mesh 'meadow' 'cut' 'cut' is much larger than lod 0 mesh (min/maxY (-0.175/0.082 vs -0.125/0.103).
2023-11-15 17:01 Info: transform group 'C:/Users/xxx.514/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2022/savegame1/densityMap_fruits.gdm' has elements very far out from the cell edge (59.65% expansion)
2023-11-15 17:01 FoliageTransformGroup 'C:/Users/xxx.514/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2022/savegame1/densityMap_fruits.gdm' may need space for up to 16072684 instances (1819 per cell x 8836 cells) and few next similar lines
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Sorry, I don't think there will be an easier solution, since there are a lot of different things that can have an influence on the FPS. And since especially on Windows there are a lot of "different knobs you can turn" it is not possible to provide a solution like "Just change these settings to fix the performance issues" that will work for all users.

According to the following post from a GIANTS employee the warnings you mentioned in the Spoiler are harmless and should not have an impact on performance: viewtopic.php?p=1590426#p1590426 (sorry. the post is in german, but you should be able to figure out what it says using Google Translate or similar services)
To fix these warnings the creator of the map most likely would have to make some changes to the foliage layers that are used.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

FS22 Bugtracker
xxx.514

Post by xxx.514 »

Okay, thanks a lot in helping figuring out those things. Onward to step-by-step fixing path then!

---EDIT---

After hundrets times of restarting and reloading game i've found out that Harvest Mission Fix and REA Wheels mods are cutting 10 FPS each all the time. Without those I have mostly 35 FPS which... well, aren't very much compared to hardware capabilities; however are still enough to have something near fluent animation. Im really gratefull for all help you provided. Have a nice day good sir!