Giants company

ValhallSN95

Re: Giants company

Post by ValhallSN95 »

I remember back before us console guys even got mods, and then finally getting mods for the first time, with maybe a mod drop once a week if we were lucky.
Now we get mod drops almost every day, so I don't even sweat it when Giants misses a day, or goes on vacation, even if the mod I was so desperately waiting for is stuck in testing a bit longer, so be it.
Everyone deserves a break, and I'm not one to take up for Giants usually, especially after the initial state of FS22, but they deserve a break too.
Chris Birdsong Wolfforth, TX
Grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm

Xbox Series X / Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
FS22 7,545hrs FS19 10,965hrs
FS17 (XB1) 7,910hrs FS17 (PC) 1,297hrs
FS15 7,620hrs FS13 7,877hrs
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

Yep. I started with 17 and wasn't nearly the mods like we get now.
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

I remember back when us console guys never even got updates. You bought a cartridge based on the blurb on the back, and that was it. There wasn't even anyone you could biach to if you didn't like it.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

You had to know someone subscribed to Nintendo power and read together at school so you knew which game to ask for once Christmas came around haha
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

Never complained about graphics and sound either. Had to really use our imaginations.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Might be nostalgia but they always seemed like a massive upgrade. They were always so polished too, never remember finding any bugs that were too crazy.
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

Bugs didn't become much of a talking point until the ps3 era. When it became common to have a console hooked to internet. On one hand the companies can fine tune their product, on the other hand its like they slacked on making sure everything is as perfect as possible on release.

Good memories , but I definitely don't miss needing to clear the dust on the old NES lol
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

I got fired when Rad Racer came out. I played it all night, not a single mod, and was too tired to go to work.
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

FBtheSQL wrote: ↑Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:44 pm I got fired when Rad Racer came out. I played it all night, not a single mod, and was too tired to go to work.
I had to Google that one. 87 it came out?
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

ValhallSN95 wrote: ↑Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:47 am I remember back before us console guys even got mods, and then finally getting mods for the first time, with maybe a mod drop once a week if we were lucky.
Now we get mod drops almost every day, so I don't even sweat it when Giants misses a day, or goes on vacation, even if the mod I was so desperately waiting for is stuck in testing a bit longer, so be it.
Everyone deserves a break, and I'm not one to take up for Giants usually, especially after the initial state of FS22, but they deserve a break too.
Yep it was much pretty much a Friday mod release for the longest time.
Playing on PC and PS4
Derplodactyl

Post by Derplodactyl »

Joedizzey wrote: ↑Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:13 pm Why can't we have a giants building in the United States so when the German company goes on vacation this company still works on testing mods.
So by this reckoning, America doesn't celebrate holidays then? Christmas doesn't exist in America? πŸ™ƒ

The ModHub has several thousand mods available (4461 for consoles, 5408 for PC) and I'm absolutely 100% sure there's a few you haven't tried. Maybe give those a go before pining for new ones. There's zero need for new mods every single day, some people need to go outside a little more because mods really aren't the be all or end all when there's that many available.

Oh, and by the way, you seem to have missed that Giants has in fact opened an office in the US - Chicago, to be exact. Kermit is the US Community Co-ordinator.
- James G | Derplodactyl (The Jaggler)
- Giants Ambassador πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AsRock B550M Extreme4 Steel Legend
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
-EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
-Corsair 32GB DDR4 @3600MHz
-1TB Samsung 970 Evo Pro M.2 + 256gb NVMe Storage
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

mydixiewrecked wrote: ↑Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:03 pm
FBtheSQL wrote: ↑Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:44 pm I got fired when Rad Racer came out. I played it all night, not a single mod, and was too tired to go to work.
Yes, those years are a bit of a blur, do to the booze and rock parties every weekend.
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

Derplodactyl wrote: ↑Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:40 am
Joedizzey wrote: ↑Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:13 pm
Why can't we have a giants building in the United States so when the German company goes on vacation this company still works on testing mods.
So by this reckoning, America doesn't celebrate holidays then? Christmas doesn't exist in America? πŸ™ƒ

The ModHub has several thousand mods available (4461 for consoles, 5408 for PC) and I'm absolutely 100% sure there's a few you haven't tried. Maybe give those a go before pining for new ones. There's zero need for new mods every single day, some people need to go outside a little more because mods really aren't the be all or end all when there's that many available.

Oh, and by the way, you seem to have missed that Giants has in fact opened an office in the US - Chicago, to be exact. Kermit is the US Community Co-ordinator.
There are no US mod testers though or devs.
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

FBtheSQL wrote: ↑Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:20 pm
Yes, those years are a bit of a blur, do to the booze and rock parties every weekend.
I always thought you were close to my age. Interesting lol
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

mydixiewrecked wrote: ↑Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:35 pm
FBtheSQL wrote: ↑Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:20 pm

I always thought you were close to my age. Interesting lol
Are you calling me old?
Or, are you calling us old?
I was a 19 when Rad Racer came out. That era had great music and great games. And impatient bosses.