Real Forage to go with Real Mower

Helazak

Real Forage to go with Real Mower

Post by Helazak »

I want to be able to mow and bale/forage the grass between the highways. Somebody has to mow it. Real Mower mod lets you cut it but I cant figure out how to collect the clippings.

Anybody got hint? Maybe a city contract mod?
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
Noraf

Re: Real Forage to go with Real Mower

Post by Noraf »

Not infront of the pc now, but there is a mod that lets you pick up on non owned land. Just not sure which it is right now.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
loki_79

Post by loki_79 »

"Tip Anywhere" also allows you to collect anywhere:
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022

There are some other settings in the menu (see screenshots).
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

That would be it yes
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

That did it. THANKS!
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Giants, future game idea, leasable rights to cut and bale hay on highway right of ways like real life
Last edited by UncleRico on Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

UncleRico wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:50 am Giants, future game idea leasable rights to make hay on highway right of ways like real life
Keep in mind, I'm not much of a traveler. But that's a thing? So instead of lining someone's pockets to mow and waste the median and shoulder grass, ( like they do in Pennsylvania) they can make money or at least have zero expense by letting someone bale and put the grass to good use?

I thought when some of you talked about mowing ditches it was mostly on your own ground.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

mydixiewrecked wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:32 am
Keep in mind, I'm not much of a traveler. But that's a thing? So instead of lining someone's pockets to mow and waste the median and shoulder grass, ( like they do in Pennsylvania) they can make money or at least have zero expense by letting someone bale and put the grass to good use?

I thought when some of you talked about mowing ditches it was mostly on your own ground.
Yeah the DOT takes bids here for certain stretches of highway. Obviously it’s got to be worth your time but some stretches the right of way is pretty wide and has some really nice meadow grass. They definitely don’t get rich bidding it out but it keeps it fair. Lots of bigger flood control projects started planting an alfalfa mix and do something similar so they don’t have to pay to mow them either. Where I’m from you’re also responsible for mowing the ditch in front of your property on township roads as well. I do live in the literal middle of no where and my closest neighbor is over a mile away so that definitely plays into as there’s just not much tax money with everything being agricultural land for how many miles they have to maintain. I was thinking while typing that last bit that probably makes me the abnormal statistical outlier not you and it’s maybe not normal to bale ditches haha.
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

UncleRico wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:22 am
I was thinking while typing that last bit that probably makes me the abnormal statistical outlier not you and it’s maybe not normal to bale ditches haha.
Compared to me.....Definitely different. I'd love to be away from it all like that. But as far as the mowing, it's just a giant waste of tax money. Cutting brush once in awhile is one thing, but spraying chemicals on the median and shoulder ( I have no idea what they are spraying) and mowing once a month is just wasteful. I really need to move lol
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

Around here they are spraying for Johnson grass from what ive seen. And not mowing the median is a hazard. Hard to see traffic in a low sitting vehicle
XBOX/ FS22