FS19 lagging to the point of being unplayable

minnesotajoe

FS19 lagging to the point of being unplayable

Post by minnesotajoe »

I have had fs19 for a few months now. For the past 2 weeks the entire computer has slowed down. In fs19, I am probably getting 2-7 fps. Even the main menu is lagging. I have tried bringing down the quality on everything, but it has done little to nothing. It might be the computer because it is 7+ years old, but if it is anything with farming simulator, does anybody know what it might be and what might help?

Thank you!
Lives in SE Minnesota
Likes Shorthorn and Charolais cattle
Favorite tractor: All American brands (Excluding 2010 and beyond models)
Favorite combine: New Holland TR 96 or John Deere Titan II series
Favorite skid loader: Mustang 2050
"When farm equipment gets you down, imagine yourself hitting it with a hammer and feel your anger melt away." :lol:
PLEASE don't call grain bins silos!
Guil

Re: FS19 lagging to the point of being unplayable

Post by Guil »

Is your hard drive with windows on it nearly full?
minnesotajoe

Post by minnesotajoe »

It says the following if I have the right thing:
Item | Value
-----------------------------
Drive | C:
Description | Local fixed disk
Compressed | No
File system | NTFS
Size | 433.92 GB
Free space | 342.63 GB

If any of that is important, I wouldn't know. I have never been smart with computers. If there is anywhere else I need to look, let me know.
Lives in SE Minnesota
"When farm equipment gets you down, imagine yourself hitting it with a hammer and feel your anger melt away." :lol:
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

minnesotajoe wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:47 am It says the following if I have the right thing:
Item | Value
-----------------------------
Drive | C:
Description | Local fixed disk
Compressed | No
File system | NTFS
Size | 433.92 GB
Free space | 342.63 GB

If any of that is important, I wouldn't know. I have never been smart with computers. If there is anywhere else I need to look, let me know.
It looks like you have plenty of free hard drive space. I don't think that should be the cause of the problem.

Did the game previously work fine, and then all of a sudden this slowdown problem started? Does it have the same problem with other games, or just with Farming Simulator?
minnesotajoe

Post by minnesotajoe »

We only have farming simulator. Other things like google and the file thing seem a little slower. But I am not sure. It just stopped working 3 weeks ago.
Lives in SE Minnesota
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

minnesotajoe wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:42 pm We only have farming simulator. Other things like google and the file thing seem a little slower. But I am not sure. It just stopped working 3 weeks ago.
Does it just do it the first time starting the game after restarting the computer? Or does it act like this every time regardless how long the computer or the game have been running?

Are you familiar with how to use Task Manager to check what applications are running and how much system resources they are using? That is usually my first check when a program starts doing something like this.
minnesotajoe

Post by minnesotajoe »

Huh. Not sure what happened but now it is working. I didn't mess around in the files at all, as far as I know. But it is working fine all of a sudden. Thank you all for your help! *thumbsup*
Lives in SE Minnesota
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

minnesotajoe wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:34 am Huh. Not sure what happened but now it is working. I didn't mess around in the files at all, as far as I know. But it is working fine all of a sudden. Thank you all for your help! *thumbsup*
Glad you're going again.

I just noticed the last line in your signature and audible laughter was produced. That's a pet peeve of mine too :lol: I'm one of those grain farmers who "takes the winter off" :smileynew: I own a lot of grain bins, but I don't own any silos.