controller not working (FS22)

Benone74!

Re: controller not working (FS22)

Post by Benone74! »

Same issue! I can skip through the title but controller stops working after that. Mainly use ps4 controller but have tried ps5 and Xbox controller. Running game on steam and have tried deleting input files also copied and paste fs19 input files to fs22 along with several other attempts with the same outcome. Also changed beta back to 1.12 on steam. Any suggestions are appreciated!
Ashymer

Post by Ashymer »

Benone74! wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:24 pm Same issue! I can skip through the title but controller stops working after that. Mainly use ps4 controller but have tried ps5 and Xbox controller. Running game on steam and have tried deleting input files also copied and paste fs19 input files to fs22 along with several other attempts with the same outcome. Also changed beta back to 1.12 on steam. Any suggestions are appreciated!
Just enter the game, go to settings > Gamepad controller > Click on "Reset All" and thats it! just make sure you have your controller connected and turned on.
Brando_1311

Post by Brando_1311 »

Ashymer wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:49 am
Benone74! wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:24 pm Same issue! I can skip through the title but controller stops working after that. Mainly use ps4 controller but have tried ps5 and Xbox controller. Running game on steam and have tried deleting input files also copied and paste fs19 input files to fs22 along with several other attempts with the same outcome. Also changed beta back to 1.12 on steam. Any suggestions are appreciated!
Just enter the game, go to settings > Gamepad controller > Click on "Reset All" and thats it! just make sure you have your controller connected and turned on.
I tried that too! Haha I was able to get it working. I had to copy the InputBindings from FS19 and paste them into the InputBindings for FS22, then everything was working perfectly!
galobianifilms

Post by galobianifilms »

Where would I find these input bindings for fs19? Is this a folder in my FS?
jtonofrey

Post by jtonofrey »

j_maybury wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:18 pm I think I may have sent it to the wrong place so I've sent it again I think I used contact support when I should have used bug report So I've done a full report anyway. I only hope something comes of it.
did you ever hear anything back on this?
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

jtonofrey wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:26 am
I did not get a reply but I did find something in the manual that I missed the last time I read it.

Pressing the gamesir home button (gamesir logo) plus the X button for three seconds will set it to Xbox/PC mode, logo turns Green.

Pressing the gamesir home button (gamesir logo) plus the A button for three seconds, this will set it to Android mode, logo turns Blue

Pressing the gamesir home button (gamesir logo) plus the Y button for three seconds will set it to Switch mode, logo turns Red.

Pressing the gamesir home button (gamesir logo) plus the B button for three seconds, this will set it to Dinput mode, logo turns purple

I have a pc so when I. held down the GameSir logo button and X Button. for three seconds. The. gamesir logo changed to green and then I loaded in my game and it worked just like an Xbox Controller. I do not know what the Apple runs on, but if you try all 4, one of them should work.
I hope this helps you. The controller is brilliant.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Ashymer wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:49 am
Absolutely no difference to deleting inputbindings.xml
jtonofrey

Post by jtonofrey »

j_maybury wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:01 pm
jtonofrey wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:26 am
I did not get a reply but I did find something in the manual that I missed the last time I read it.

Pressing the gamesir home button (gamesir logo) plus the X button for three seconds will set it to Xbox/PC mode, logo turns Green.

Pressing the gamesir home button (gamesir logo) plus the A button for three seconds, this will set it to Android mode, logo turns Blue

Pressing the gamesir home button (gamesir logo) plus the Y button for three seconds will set it to Switch mode, logo turns Red.

Pressing the gamesir home button (gamesir logo) plus the B button for three seconds, this will set it to Dinput mode, logo turns purple

I have a pc so when I. held down the GameSir logo button and X Button. for three seconds. The. gamesir logo changed to green and then I loaded in my game and it worked just like an Xbox Controller. I do not know what the Apple runs on, but if you try all 4, one of them should work.
I hope this helps you. The controller is brilliant.
Okay so I want to try this, and have but the light does not change for me. I just recently updated the firmware of my controller to 5.17.3202.0.
Are we talking the "xbox home button" and the "x" left of the "A button" ?
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

jtonofrey wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:34 am
Okay so I want to try this, and have but the light does not change for me. I just recently updated the firmware of my controller to 5.17.3202.0.
what game controller are you using? I am talking about the gamesir. T4 Khalid.

jtonofrey

Post by jtonofrey »

j_maybury wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:35 pm
jtonofrey wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:34 am
what game controller are you using? I am talking about the gamesir. T4 Khalid.

ooh that's why i'm confused lol, i'm using a xbox elite 2 controller.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=htt ... AdAAAAABAI